Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 1,915)

Showing posts 38,281 - 38,300 of65,059
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

I was just reading about birds and mammals.
In particular chickens and humans and how they corrolate.
But that brought me to some old theories.
Suddenly i understood how the muslim's promiscues behaviour worked.
see page 601 and 602.

MUQ, me laddie, yer prophet was an animal.
http://academic.reed.edu/biology/professors/s...
Frijoles

Prospect, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

former res wrote:
Note what this means for 40% of Evangelicals:
There has been a lot written lately about how the liberal wing of the evangelicals are starting to reaffirm their voices. Theidea is to delink the notion of Conservative with the notion of evangelical. Especially in environmental issues, so I wouldnt think it would be stretch to to see this in other issues as well. Remember, in latin America and other parts of the world, the clergy are (or were) seen as the radicals.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Yesterday my sleep got interrupted by an attempt at burglary, so i was awake to find that sexist pigs are not dead and gone by a long shot.
Hearing Romney say: "We put all the women we got in the binder."
He could have certainly phrased that differently!
So it is symptomatic for an ingrown mentality and thought-pattern of thinking and talking desparaging about women.

New lock plus a gate, so now i can sleep uninterrupted again.
Frijoles

Prospect, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, cognitive dissonance. How long before people realize the church is full of sh...er, malarky, and start packing.
Dont underestimate people's emotional ties to the institution.

You should read this Dan Savage's Mom in her response to her son coming out. She was a devout Catholic, and agressively supported her son. And her son is as well.

"....But my mom went directly to her priest, Father Tom, called him over and sat down on the porch swing and told Father Tom the news that I was gay or had told her that I was gay and she wanted to know what to doand it makes me cry every time I talk about itbut Father Tom put his hand on my mothers knee and said,Judy, I'm gay. And came out to my mother at that moment just as I had come out to my mother the day before.

And that helped my mother so much because she Tom was a good friend and Tom was like one of ourWe were so Catholic we had priests. He was one of our priests, right?and for him to do that for me at that moment really kind of nullified some of my anger at the Catholic Church because that did help my mother and he told her it was better for me to be out and gay than to live the way that he had lived and I was on the verge of living the way he had lived. I was thinking about being a priest so I could be closeted all my life and then I realized I could live in a big house and wear dresses and f*** boys without being a priest..."

http://bigthink.com/ideas/24734

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

thought-pattern of thinking...

Sleep is so important!
Reminds me also of the expression: a thinking mistake. is such a thing possible?
Back to the former one.
What if people have no more flexibility. Then we are bound to find their thinking, forced to follow patterns that are consisting of ingrained thoughts.
Frijoles

Prospect, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

MAAT wrote:
Yesterday my sleep got interrupted by an attempt at burglary, so i was awake to find that sexist pigs are not dead and gone by a long shot.
Hearing Romney say: "We put all the women we got in the binder."
He could have certainly phrased that differently!
So it is symptomatic for an ingrown mentality and thought-pattern of thinking and talking desparaging about women.
New lock plus a gate, so now i can sleep uninterrupted again.
That comment went viral.

There are already some great cartoons on this.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Cognitive viruses

1. exaggerating
2. overgeneralizing
3. oversimplifying
4. extremism
5. overcertainty
6. negative guessing
7. self-defeating conclusions
8. false implications
9. choosing the worst possible explanation
10. false helplessness
11. false hopelessness
12. shoulds and musts
13. misplacing responsibility
14. focusing too narrowly
15. harmful judging
16. asking unanswerable questions
17. bias for confirmation
18. using emotions as evidence
19. dismissing facts
20. ignoring alternatives
21. assuming
22. negative bias

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
That comment went viral.
There are already some great cartoons on this.
http://politicalhumor.about.com/b/2012/10/17/...
Indeed. I made a typo first: cartons :)
I like the one of Romney with the inset look of the young lady.

The more i see, the harder it is to believe that republicans choose this person as their best options.
Something dreadfull is going on over the pond!

I'm not going to wonder about it -the poll here shows Obama 58% well ahead- after a busy day arranging, i'm going to do some relaxing reading. So take care folks and check your locks!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-...
Some of the comments really hit home.

Can Romney manage even one thought that does not need reinterpretation and brushing up by Ryan.

The next dabate is all about foreign affairs.
I wonder whether a gagging order will be imposed on Romney. He's capable of blurting out state-secrets.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, cognitive dissonance. How long before people realize the church is full of sh...er, malarky, and start packing.
The ones I know have no intention of leaving the church.

"I won't let them run me out," is more or less the refrain I hear.

It's like a loved one who may be a pain in the axs but you still love him/her.
Jim

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

I just wanted to say that it is so wonderful that Messianic Judiasm is literally being found all over the world, and people are realizing that a Jewish believer in Yeshua is a completed Jew. Although there is persecution in Israel and other parts of the world, God is opening the eyes of people in miraculous ways. Check out some great new Messianic artists and songs at http://www.newfaithfavorites.com .
Frijoles

Prospect, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Another reason to avoid Glen Allen, VA.
Frijoles

Prospect, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
If he lied about the little things, no surprise he's now lyng about the big things.
ROMNEY: Thank you. An important topic, and one which I learned a great deal about, particularly as I was serving as governor of my state, because I had the chance to pull together a cabinet and all the applicants seemed to be men.

And I -- and I went to my staff, and I said, "How come all the people for these jobs are -- are all men." They said, "Well, these are the people that have the qualifications." And I said, "Well, gosh, can't we -- can't we find some -- some women that are also qualified?"

And -- and so we -- we took a concerted effort to go out and find women who had backgrounds that could be qualified to become members of our cabinet.

I went to a number of women's groups and said, "Can you help us find folks," and they brought us whole binders full of women...."

http://blog.thephoenix.com/BLOGS/talkingpolit...

"Not a true story.

What actually happened was that in 2002 -- prior to the election, not even knowing yet whether it would be a Republican or Democratic administration -- a bipartisan group of women in Massachusetts formed MassGAP to address the problem of few women in senior leadership positions in state government. There were more than 40 organizations involved with the Massachusetts Women's Political Caucus (also bipartisan) as the lead sponsor.

They did the research and put together the binder full of women qualified for all the different cabinet positions, agency heads, and authorities and commissions. They presented this binder to Governor Romney when he was elected.

I have written about this before, in various contexts; tonight I've checked with several people directly involved in the MassGAP effort who confirm that this history as I've just presented it is correct -- and that Romney's claim tonight, that he asked for such a study, is false...:"

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
The ones I know have no intention of leaving the church.
"I won't let them run me out," is more or less the refrain I hear.
It's like a loved one who may be a pain in the axs but you still love him/her.
The empty pews and the latest polls tell a different story. I predict that trend will continue, with one serious unknown, which is the reaction of the older more loyal generation. I foresee the indoctrination of children by this older generation getting tougher as they get more desperate. I'm noticing the fanatics getting more fanatical (just like the GOPs). Only time will tell.
Frijoles

Prospect, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
The empty pews and the latest polls tell a different story. I predict that trend will continue, with one serious unknown, which is the reaction of the older more loyal generation. I foresee the indoctrination of children by this older generation getting tougher as they get more desperate. I'm noticing the fanatics getting more fanatical (just like the GOPs). Only time will tell.
It probably also doesnt help their cause that their church is divesting their property as fast as they can to pay their legal bills.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

former res wrote:
Attitudes of Christians towards abortion
Catholics
A majority of U.S. and Australian Catholics hold different views that differ from the official doctrine of their church. In a 1995 survey, 64% of U.S. Catholics say they disapprove of the statement that "abortion is morally wrong in every case".[39] A 2008 survey found that 65% of American Catholics identified themselves as "pro-choice" but also found that 76% of these "pro-choice" Catholics believed that abortion should be significantly restricted.[67] Some 58% of American Catholic women feel that they do not have to follow the abortion teaching of their bishop.[68] Only 22% of U.S. Catholics agree with their church that abortion should be illegal in all cases.[69]
A 1996 survey found that 72% of Australian Catholics say that the decision to have an abortion "should be left to individual women and their doctors."[39]
Protestants
According to a 2002 survey conducted by the Roper Center for Public Opinion Research, fundamentalist Christians are more likely to be pro-life than all other respondents, including mainline Protestants. Twenty-eight percent of fundamentalists thought abortion should be illegal even if there was a strong chance of birth defects whereas only nine percent of mainline Protestants held the same opinion. Seventy percent of fundamentalists felt that the desire not to have more children was not a sufficient justification for having an abortion while mainline Protestants were almost evenly divided on this question. However, an overwhelming majority of both fundamentalists and mainline Protestants indicated that they would support abortion in cases where the pregnancy endangered the mother's life.[70]
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/greenwich-ct/...
rabbee: well who cares what any of the subtle beasts and their followers, have to say about abortion? when the top and bottom line, is what does G-D say about it. you have to be an abortion against G-D, to even support any abortion of the beasts.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

MAAT wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ blogs/election-2012/wp/2012/10 /17/paul-ryan-defends-binders- of-women/
Some of the comments really hit home.
Can Romney manage even one thought that does not need reinterpretation and brushing up by Ryan.
The next dabate is all about foreign affairs.
I wonder whether a gagging order will be imposed on Romney. He's capable of blurting out state-secrets.
rabbee: does it really matter, which antiG-D beast, is going to screw you their own way? the best method, is to not let the lemmings gather momentum for another four years.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
It probably also doesnt help their cause that their church is divesting their property as fast as they can to pay their legal bills.
True, but I'm referring to all denominations, not just Catholics.
SeasideSoon

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
http://politicalhumor.about.com/b/2012/10/17/...
Indeed. I made a typo first: cartons :)
I like the one of Romney with the inset look of the young lady.
The more i see, the harder it is to believe that republicans choose this person as their best options.
Something dreadfull is going on over the pond!
I'm not going to wonder about it -the poll here shows Obama 58% well ahead- after a busy day arranging, i'm going to do some relaxing reading. So take care folks and check your locks!
Better Sandra Fluke, the poster girl for free sex.
SeasideSoon

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

"The economic condition of the country was better the year before last year, and last year it was better than it is at present. It's obvious that we would not be able to survive another year of the same progression..." ~Atlas Shrugged

Perhaps "progressivism" a more suitable term.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 38,281 - 38,300 of65,059
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pinos Altos Discussions

Search the Pinos Altos Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NM Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) 34 min Joe 221
No charges yet in deadly shooting (May '11) 6 hr Silver 11
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) 7 hr Silver 43
Community education classes continue in April Wed Jackie 1
New Mexico to receive new veterans cemeteries Wed all well 1
Silver City-Grant County TEA Party Patriots hos... Apr 5 Jackie 1
Santa Clara Police Officer Arrested (Feb '12) Apr 4 Peon 16
•••
•••