Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 1,910)

Showing posts 38,181 - 38,200 of68,124
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you enjoy my videos?
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/judaism/T...
yes, nice re-creation

almost as good as the college boys doing the gaga video

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

SEA
Lybia is not the business of the UN anymore.
Once the rebels decided to fight on, instead of depending on by proxy talks, there was no more roll for them.
Some resolution will be put into place, but did Lybia ever sign the accord not to use clusterbombs? I'll bet not.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Of course there are sharia courts in pakistan.
One saw a documantary of a divorced mae judge and his young daughter wanting to become a judge.
She often di her homework while dad did family cases. She also wanted to become a judge in time.
She announced that she was never ever going to get married in her life, after seeing what it was all about. Her father smiled and said she would in time change her mind.
Would be interesting to see a follow-up.

Traveling in pakistan you often spend time in army compounds, for your own safety, but also control.
Quite the normal thing. A combination of hotel, parking/camping.
SeasideSoon

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

SeasideSoon

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, this is a tempest in a teapot. An attempt to create an election year issue from a candidate whose own views om foreign policy are either no different than Obama, or MIA.
NOT for me - on either count.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Mohammad , the Ideal Prophet By SYED SULAIMAN NADWI (Abridged) Part-22

Lecture 3. The Historic Aspect of Prophet Muhammad’s Life (Contd.)

Books on Life History of Prophet by Non Muslims

Leave aside the Muslims whose very faith and love for the holy Prophet (Peace be upon him) demands that they serve this cause with dedication.

Come to his adversaries. In India, Hindus, Sikhs, Christians and Brahmo Samajis have written the Prophet’s biographies. In Europe, which does not claim any love for the Prophet, books have been written on the “Life of Muhammad” either to serve the Christian missionary or to satisfy their taste for knowledge or world history.

A few years ago, it was mentioned in a literary magazine of Damascus, called Al- Muqtabas, that 1300 books have been published so far in various European languages about the Prophet of Islam (Peace be upon him). Add to it the number
of books published about him upto the present time and you can get some idea of the interest shown by the non-Muslims in his biography.

No book in English is more poisonous and hostile than Professor D.S. Margoliouth’s “Muhammad” published in 1905 as part of the series “Heroes of the Nations.” The author is a professor of Arabic at Oxford University. This man has distorted nearly every event in the holy Prophet’s biography.

Yet, even he could not help admitting in the introduction of his book:“….The biographers of Prophet Muhammad form a long series which is impossible to end, but in which it would be honourable to find a place”,[Muhammad and Rise of Islam New York, 1905, p1].

John Davenport adopts a more sympathetic attitude. He begins his book “Apology for Muhammad and the Quran”(1870) with the acknowledgment that “Undoubtedly there is not a single law-giver or conqueror in the history of the world whose biography is more detailed and truer than that of Muhammad.”

Rev. Bosworth Smith, fellow of Trinity College, Oxford, gave a series of lectures on the subject of “Muhammad and Mohammedanism” at the Royal Institute of Great Britain in 1874. These lectures were later compiled in the form of a book. How well does he state in this book:

“And, what is true of religion generally is also true, unfortunately, of those three religions which I have called, for want of a better name, historical—and of their founders. We know all too little of the first and the earliest laborers; too much, perhaps, of those who have entered into their labours.

We know less of Zoroaster and Confucius than we do of Solon and Socrates; less of Moses and Buddha than we do of Ambrose and Augustine.

We know indeed some fragments of a fragment of Christ’s life; but who can lift the veil of the thirty years that prepared the way for the three?..

MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

But in Mohammedanism everything is different; here instead of the shadowy and the mysterious we have history. We know as much of Muhammad as we do even of Luther and Milton. The mythical, the legendry, the supernatural is almost wanting in the original Arab authorities, or all events can easily be distinguished from what is historical. Nobody here is the dupe of himself or of others. There is
full light of day upon all that light can ever reach at all.”

Six hundred pupils of Imam Malik, the author of the first compilation of traditions known as Mu’atta, learnt it directly from him. The audience included the rulers and governors, scholars, researchers, literary persons, writers and people from all walks of life.

Imam Bukhari’s Saheeh Al-Bukhari is regarded the most reliable book after the holy Quran. Sixty thousand people learnt it directly from Firbary, just one of the Imam’s numerous students. Can such care, such accuracy and soundness of sources, ever be matched by the life history of any other prophet or founder of a religion?

This historicity was to be the lot of none other than Muhammad, the Prophet of Allah. May Allah send His Blessings and Peace upon him.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>NOT for me - on either count.
Yes, but you were not going to vote for Obama anyway,. If it wasnt this, is was that....or that....

There are no undecideds. People made up their minds weeks ago. After the 47 percent comment at the latest, probably earlier. And the reasons WHY they made up their mind are already set.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

MUQ wrote:
Can such care, such accuracy and soundness of sources, ever be matched by the life history of any other prophet or founder of a religion?
Uhmmm...yes.....

You are way too impressed with your own religion.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Women don't have rights when they are being told what their roles are by men. How dense are you?
What was that once again?

So if you are told that what are your rights, you are not free?

Does not the Constitution of USA tells you people what are your rights, so none of you are free!!

You call me dense, but I think you people have lost all thinking powers.

If some one tells you what are your rights, then you are not free!!

What are those millions of laws made in your country? None of them tell what are your right?

And there are so many laws which are specific to women also in your country.... In India we have special seats and coaches and quotas for jobs for women, so those women are also not free?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhmmm...yes.....
You are way too impressed with your own religion.
If I was not, I would be a confirmed Hypocrite. I leave it to you people to give lip service to your religion and then have serious misgivings about its fundamentals.

Islam is no label that you put on your forehead, it is a state of belief. You can come into its fold and you might go out of its fold, if you are not watching your step and your mouth and your pen and your thoughts!!

May Allah save us from all temptations. Amen
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Does not the Constitution of USA tells you people what are your rights, so none of you are free!!
What are those millions of laws made in your country? None of them tell what are your right?
And there are so many laws which are specific to women also in your country.... In India we have special seats and coaches and quotas for jobs for women, so those women are also not free?
Silly, in the US women participate FULLY in both the creation of laws and the administration/interpretation/ application of laws.

Hoqw many woman participated in the creation of Islamic laws? How many woman participate in the administration of Islamic Laws?

Islamic law is a theocracy not a democracy. Woman are not free, despite whatever rhetoric you claim. For them to be free, they would have to participate, not be told....
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was not, I would be a confirmed Hypocrite. I leave it to you people to give lip service to your religion and then have serious misgivings about its fundamentals.
Islam is no label that you put on your forehead, it is a state of belief. You can come into its fold and you might go out of its fold, if you are not watching your step and your mouth and your pen and your thoughts!!
The more mature view would be to accept that Islam has its flaws AND its pros, and then move on.

Thats how educated, non ideological people act. Thats how I see my religion.

Instead you deny its flaws. In order to be ideologically pure. And then paint yourself into a corner where you actually WORRY about being seen as a "hypocrite".
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax. The world is not such a bad place all the time. Live a little.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
?
Constitutional law, unlike the QURAN, is a democratic process.

Amendments are voted in with the participation of both genders. Women serve on the courts, serve as lawyers, and have full and equal rights to contest the law. And they do.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

I think Mr. Frijoles has taken over the job of my "Critic in Chief"!!

It is his job now to post comments on my each post and each line.

And that is a signal for me to stop replying all his posts!!
Frijoles

Seymour, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Thats even better. I get to critique them unfettered.

Dont flatter yourself. The only reason you get the attention today is that the others are on holiday.

Plus you never respond logically anyhow.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
Thats even better. I get to critique them unfettered.
Dont flatter yourself. The only reason you get the attention today is that the others are on holiday.
Plus you never respond logically anyhow.
How satisfying!

How do they say??....ah, yes...

The good thing about banging one's head against the wall is how good it feels when you stop.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
In civilized society, laws ensure EQUAL rights for all. Not so in barbaric Islamic societies. Telling women their place is at home and not where they want it to be is primitive and inheritantly unfair. You truly are incapable of reason, but we already knew that.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

MUQ wrote:
Islam is no label that you put on your forehead, it is a state of belief.
More like a state of gullibility.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 38,181 - 38,200 of68,124
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Pinos Altos Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••