Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,571
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#41858 Oct 12, 2012
This one's for you MUQ...

On Tuesday Malala Yousufzai was shot in the head and neck by Pakistani Taliban as she rode the bus to school. The gunmen asked Malala's name before shooting her, targeting her because she has publicly championed the right of girls to be educated.

While Malala is still in a critical condition in hospital, Taliban spokesmen have promised to target her again if she survives. "Any female that, by any means, plays a role in the war against mujahideen should be killed," said one Taliban member.

The Taliban explained that they shot her because of her blog for the BBC about girls' education, which they called "an obscenity" that promoted "anti-Taliban" ideas.
Hillary Clinton has strongly condemned the attack, and Pakistani officials have offered a 10-million rupee ($105,000) reward for information that leads to the arrest of the gunmen.

Malala's attack "challenges us to act," writes Laura Bush in a Washington Post op-ed. "Malala Yousufzai refused to look the other way. We owe it to her courage and sacrifice to do the same."
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#41859 Oct 12, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
The Taliban explained that they shot her because of her blog for the BBC about girls' education, which they called "an obscenity" that promoted "anti-Taliban" ideas.
."
Speaking of the Taliban, what did you think about the debate?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#41860 Oct 12, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Proverbs 12:11
Those who work their land will have abundant food, but those who chase fantasies have no sense.
rabbee: well that just fits, right along with what i said. and that working your land with G-D, shall always bear greater fruits. and working your land without G-D, shall only bear bad forbidden fruits. and that the fantacy of this world, pretending not here in TheTorah. is the worst fruit, you can produce badly. you leave G-D out of your life. and G-D shall leave you, out of HIS.
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#41861 Oct 12, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well that just fits, right along with what i said. and that working your land with G-D, shall always bear greater fruits. and working your land without G-D, shall only bear bad forbidden fruits. and that the fantacy of this world, pretending not here in TheTorah. is the worst fruit, you can produce badly. you leave G-D out of your life. and G-D shall leave you, out of HIS.
Or,

it could mean that rather than waiting for some type of divine miraculous interference to takes their troubles away, one shall instead get down and indulge themselves in the messie business of interpersonal relationships called government.
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#41862 Oct 12, 2012
This will solve all our problems

Aware

United States

#41863 Oct 12, 2012
[
God wrote:
<quoted text>
I am Jewish. I happen to have tried Christianity. I have not forsaken my own heritage.I thought the Christians were very nice, but annoying.
I have a few questions.
You tried Christianity? Is that like trying skiboarding or lima beans?
Are ALL Christians annoying, or just all of the ones you met? Or just Chico, CA Christians?
Since you stopped trying Christianity, have you dissociated from all those annoying Christians?
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

#41865 Oct 12, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but priorities dont live in a vacuum. The Republicans on one hand can't claim that Obama is being soft on diplomatic security while simulataneously voting to cut EXACTLY that.
Kind of like when Biden chided Ryan last night for being anti-stimulus but still drinking in it when given the opportunity.
Hypocrasy.
Again, more slowly..cutting the allocation of funds to the State Department means that the State Department must set PROPER priorities for spending within their allotted budget. Same thing that millions of Americans face every week.

Priority One: Security (that after all is the prime mandate of the federal branch of government.
Priority Two: everything required for day to day operations, excluding 50 dollar staplers and other such garbage.
Way Down the List: Chevy Volts, marble-tiled embassies, and champagne parties.

One more thing about those car purchases - there was an available discount and the State Dept chose to pay full sticker price. Aw who cares, it was just taxpayer money. F-em.
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

#41866 Oct 12, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why did Teddy Roosevelt (Republican) enact the Food Safety act?
Ever read any Upton Sinclair?
"He [Teddy R] stated "radical action must be taken to do away with the efforts of arrogant and selfish greed on the part of the capitalist." [7] The President was leery of aligning himself with Sinclair's politics and conclusions in The Jungle, so he sent Labor Commissioner Charles P. Neill and social worker James Bronson Reynolds, men whose honesty and reliability he trusted, to Chicago to make surprise visits to meat packing facilities. Despite betrayal of the secret to the meat packers, who worked three shifts a day for three weeks to clean the factories prior to the inspection, Neill and Reynolds were still revolted by the conditions at the factories and at the lack of concern by plant managers. Their oral report to Roosevelt tentatively supported Sinclair, failing only to substantiate the claim of workers falling into rendering vats and being left to be sold as lard.[16] Neill testified before Congress that they had reported only "such things as showed the necessity for legislation" and that he did not think it was also necessary to "praise things where they were worthy of praise."[17].........
Roosevelt submitted the Neill-Reynolds report to Congress on June 4, 1906.[20] Public pressure led to the passage of the Meat Inspection Act and the Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906, which established the Bureau of Chemistry that would become the Food and Drug Administration in 1930."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jungle#Publi...
I take it you're not going to the movies to see Atlas Shrugged.
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

#41867 Oct 12, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
A signal of the coming conflict: Issa says he regrets calling Obama "one of the most corrupt presidents in modern times" -- he meant to refer to the Obama administration in general.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/communities/th...
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1110/448...
----------
Its clear to anyone following his office that he is highly partisan.
Obviously. And so was Rep.Cummings.
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

#41868 Oct 12, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of the Taliban, what did you think about the debate?
Speaking of the Taliban, the former security guys in Benghazi who were "pestering" the State Dept for additional 'qualified' security personnel, said it well.

"The former regional security officer in Libya, Eric Nordstrom, recalled talking to a regional director and asking for twelve security agents.

“His response to that was,‘You are asking for the sun, moon and the stars.’ And my response to him – his name was Jim –‘Jim, you know what makes most frustrating about this assignment? It is not the hardships, it is not the gunfire, it is not the threats. It is dealing and fighting against the people, programs and personnel who are supposed to be supporting me. And I added (sic) it by saying,

>>>>>>>‘F or me the Taliban is on the inside of the building.’”<<<< <

Lieutenant Colonel Andrew Wood, the commander of a Security Support Team (SST) sent home in August – against his wishes and, he says, the wishes of the late Ambassador Chris Stevens – said “we were fighting a losing battle. We couldn’t even keep what we had.”
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/...

With friends like this in the State Department, who needs enemies.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#41869 Oct 12, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
This one's for you MUQ...
On Tuesday Malala Yousufzai was shot in the head and neck by Pakistani Taliban as she rode the bus to school. The gunmen asked Malala's name before shooting her, targeting her because she has publicly championed the right of girls to be educated.
While Malala is still in a critical condition in hospital, Taliban spokesmen have promised to target her again if she survives. "Any female that, by any means, plays a role in the war against mujahideen should be killed," said one Taliban member.
Hillary Clinton has strongly condemned the attack, and Pakistani officials have offered a 10-million rupee ($105,000) reward for information that leads to the arrest of the gunmen.
Malala's attack "challenges us to act," writes Laura Bush in a Washington Post op-ed. "Malala Yousufzai refused to look the other way. We owe it to her courage and sacrifice to do the same."
Why it is for me?

Every act committed by so called Extremists will be brought to me?

Why?

Did I favor anytime any wrongful act committed by any Muslim?

I stand by Islam and its teachings not what Mr. X, Y or Z does.

Islam does not advocate that people take law in their own hand and dispense their own justice. In Islamic courts such people are like criminals and they would be dealt very severely.

But you people do not want Islamic courts, do you?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#41870 Oct 12, 2012
Mohammad , the Ideal Prophet By SYED SULAIMAN NADWI (Abridged) Part-20

Lecture 3. The Historic Aspect of Prophet Muhammad’s Life (Contd.)

Sources of Prophet’s Biography:

But, I believe it was worth while to bring home to you the historic aspect of the holy Prophet’s biography and the soundness and reliability of its sources. Now I would like to put to you what formed the basis of the biography of the holy Prophet and – how these sources were arranged and used.

Quran the First and Foremost Source:

The most important, the most authentic and the noblest part of his biography is, of course, the part which has been based on the holy Quran. It is a source whose veracity and dependability has not been successfully challenged yet, even by the adversaries of Islam.

This part of his biography which is based on the authority of the holy Quran includes all the main features of his life.

His life before he was ordained a prophet, his being an orphan and poor, his search for the truth, his prophethood, the Divine revelation, his declaration of his mission and preaching, his ascension to the heavens, the enmity of the nonbelievers, his migration to Madinah, his battles, his character, in short every significant event of his life has been referred to in the holy Quran.

This has made his biography the most authentic life history that exists in the history of mankind. It simply has no parallel.

Second Source The Books of Authentic Hadith Collections:

The second source of his biography is the hadith or the traditions of the holy Prophet (Peace be upon him). These traditions come to be close to a hundred thousand.

They have been sorted out and classified (depending on their chain of narration) as absolutely authentic; slightly less so; and the ones that are not the genuine sayings of the holy Prophet (Peace be upon him).

Most Authentic collections of Hadith:

The most authentic and reliable are known as Sehah Sitta. They consist of six books, compiled by highly regarded scholars after a very careful assessment of each and every tradition included in this collection.

Then there are collections of traditions known as Masaneed. The biggest and the best known of these collections belongs to Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal (May Allah be pleased with him). It consists of six volumes. Each volume contains no less than five hundred pages written in the small Egyptian hand writing.

These volumes contain the traditions reported by the holy Prophet’s companions and each companion’s narration has been mentioned separately. They are a mixture of the events of holy Prophet’s life and his teachings.

Third Source the Books about his Life:

The third source is known as Maghazee. They are books that mostly give an account of the wars and battles in which the holy Prophet took part himself.

Some other incidents have also been mentioned. Some of the well- known Maghazee include that of

- Urwah bin Zubair (died in 94AH/ 712AD)

- Imam Zuhri’s Maghazee (124 AH/ 741AD),

- Maghazee of Musa bin Uqbah (141 AH/ 758AD),

- Maghazee by Ibn Ishaq (150 AH/ 767 AD), by Ziad Al Bakai (182 AH/ 798AD) and

Waqidi’s Maghazee (207 AH/ 825 AD).

These are some of the oldest sources of the holy Prophet’s biography.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#41871 Oct 12, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why it is for me?
Why?
Islam does not advocate that people take law in their own hand and dispense their own justice. In Islamic courts such people are like criminals and they would be dealt very severely.
Does Pakistan have Islamic courts? If so, where is the justice for this girl? Something tells me these sham courts would side with the Taliban anyway since women have so few rights in these barbaric societies.

I bring this to you to show you the logical conclusion of treating women as second class citizens - something you seem to be okay with.
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

#41872 Oct 12, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why it is for me?
Why?
And are the imams who incite people to do these wrongful acts brought before Islamic courts to face charges? Oh I forgot - they are the court.
Voluntarist

United States

#41873 Oct 13, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
"He [Teddy R] stated "radical action must be taken to do away with the efforts of arrogant and selfish greed on the part of the capitalist." [7] The President was leery of aligning himself with Sinclair's politics and conclusions in The Jungle, so he sent Labor Commissioner Charles P. Neill and social worker James Bronson Reynolds, men whose honesty and reliability he trusted, to Chicago to make surprise visits to meat packing facilities. Despite betrayal of the secret to the meat packers, who worked three shifts a day for three weeks to clean the factories prior to the inspection, Neill and Reynolds were still revolted by the conditions at the factories and at the lack of concern by plant managers. Their oral report to Roosevelt tentatively supported Sinclair, failing only to substantiate the claim of workers falling into rendering vats and being left to be sold as lard.[16] Neill testified before Congress that they had reported only "such things as showed the necessity for legislation" and that he did not think it was also necessary to "praise things where they were worthy of praise."[17].........
Roosevelt submitted the Neill-Reynolds report to Congress on June 4, 1906.[20] Public pressure led to the passage of the Meat Inspection Act and the Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906, which established the Bureau of Chemistry that would become the Food and Drug Administration in 1930."
What's your point did you forget I wasnt a Republican. government always wants more power, I less to do about safety is more to about control.
Voluntarist

United States

#41874 Oct 13, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
it's even more disingenuous that a politician is talking about greed of a capitalist.
Voluntarist

United States

#41875 Oct 13, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
As well as the reverse (prices the highest and profits lowest)- essentially debunking your assertion that the oil "elites" (your term) want the highest of oil prices in order to maximize profits.
Don't. be foolish, once the Arab oil fields go up in flames oil will sky rocket, and demand will increase , problem reaction solution.
former res

Broomall, PA

#41876 Oct 13, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>I take it you're not going to the movies to see Atlas Shrugged.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/atlas_shrugge...

"11% Fresh"!!??!!

Hell no!
former res

Broomall, PA

#41877 Oct 13, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your point did you forget I wasnt a Republican. government always wants more power, I less to do about safety is more to about control.
Have you ever tried to divide your thoughts into sentences?

:))

Your point (I thought) was that business, if left to its own devices, would tend to do the right thing: produce safe food, etc.

We tried that. It turns out they (and we) benefit from a bit of oversight.

Do you disagree?
former res

Broomall, PA

#41878 Oct 13, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
it's even more disingenuous that a politician is talking about greed of a capitalist.
I'm not a politician.

But you deny that greed/profit motive can cause one to cut corners?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) 12 hr savant 40
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Nov 7 Realist 615
Hearing set for teen who allegedly shot father ... (Jan '11) Oct 29 Circe 6
Mimbres area Oct 24 Wherda 2
Grant County Corruption (Apr '10) Oct '14 silly12 6
A Possible Situation? Oct '14 yankeedudell 3
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Oct '14 yankeedudell 47
Pinos Altos Dating
Find my Match

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pinos Altos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pinos Altos

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:22 pm PST

NFL 1:22PM
Bobby Wagner (toe) to return to Seahawks' defense
NBC Sports 1:30 PM
Rodney McLeod not fined for hit that concussed Emmanuel Sanders
ESPN 1:35 PM
Fitzgerald game-time decision for Cardinals
NBC Sports 3:26 PM
Bobby Wagner set to return for Seahawks - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 4:05 PM
Will Larry Fitzgerald be ready to go in Week 12?