Mountain lion sought after man's body found

Full story: Las Cruces Sun-News

Searchers on Friday were looking for a mountain lion that is believed to have fed on the body of a 55-year-old man who'd been reported missing earlier in the week.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Jun 20, 2008
Janice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2008

aw nuts, this terrible. I hope this isn't indicative of future wildlife problems and I hope the family has all the support they need.
donna

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2008

This happened a couple of miles from us. The lion seemed all too familiar with people - this isn't an urban area, lots of game, which means the lion wasn't going after people as a last resort. Last week neighbors met the lion twice in two days, it followed them home the second time, came up their steep, long, winding driveway after them. Wednesday another neighbor woke up to find the lion on his deck, a couple of hours later the man who had been stalked started on his morning walk, found the lion waiting for him. He hit it with a beanbag shot. That night the lion attacked a man who was showering outside his cabin, partially ate him. He was found this morning.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Pinos Altos Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Pinos Altos Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••