Mountain lion sought after man's body...

Mountain lion sought after man's body found

There are 2 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jun 20, 2008, titled Mountain lion sought after man's body found. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Searchers on Friday were looking for a mountain lion that is believed to have fed on the body of a 55-year-old man who'd been reported missing earlier in the week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

Janice

United States

#1 Jun 20, 2008
aw nuts, this terrible. I hope this isn't indicative of future wildlife problems and I hope the family has all the support they need.
donna

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Jun 20, 2008
This happened a couple of miles from us. The lion seemed all too familiar with people - this isn't an urban area, lots of game, which means the lion wasn't going after people as a last resort. Last week neighbors met the lion twice in two days, it followed them home the second time, came up their steep, long, winding driveway after them. Wednesday another neighbor woke up to find the lion on his deck, a couple of hours later the man who had been stalked started on his morning walk, found the lion waiting for him. He hit it with a beanbag shot. That night the lion attacked a man who was showering outside his cabin, partially ate him. He was found this morning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Thu Norbert of Norview 71,944
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Aug 21 Pied Piper 50
News A local intstitution Aug 14 EarthwrightsDesigns 1
Federal law enforcement agencies conduct meth s... Aug 1 dmac2030 4
News Yankie Street whitewater Jul '15 Msgtdon 1
News Luna County enters Joint Powers Agreement for C... Jul '15 American Citizen 4
News Hearse from Pinos Altos Hearst Church moved to ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Lorina 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pinos Altos Mortgages