Legarda seeking Bayard council seat

Danny C. Legarda, a lifetime resident of Bayard, has announced he will be running for a seat on the Bayard City Council. Full Story
Hmmmmmm

Silver City, NM

#1 Jan 22, 2010
good man
just saying

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Jan 22, 2010
Danny is an upstanding gentleman who will dedicate himself to promoting the prosperity of Bayard. I hope voters will give him a chance to prove his worth.
William

Santa Fe, NM

#3 Jan 26, 2010
I like Danny's vision of what he wants to do, and, how he wants to do it. It is realistic, and not pandering to voters; it is responsible to citizens. That is the kind of councilor we need. Not someone who wants to reduce water bills when the reality is that Bayard has its own bills to pay. Towns cannot run at a loss. And Danny being realistic is a good asset.
cat

Las Cruces, NM

#4 Feb 1, 2010
How do you know the town can't reduce the water bills. That town is a **** hole its ugly and the town takes in all this money from high WATER Bills and sits on it. If the bills stay the same why not do some kind of improvements to the fronts of the buildings that are there.
citizen of bayard

United States

#5 Apr 3, 2013
First of all i would like to say that water billing system is not right its bunch of bull.I am disabled and every month on the first you shut my water off when i dont get my benefits til the third and then you want me to pay for following month on 15 when i havent received a bill for. Sounds really crooked Believe me i am not the only one this is happening to. Yes you have town council meetings at, 2:00pm how convenient it is for the staff but what about us citizens who have to work at that time to pay these high taxes.Hello what happened to"WE ARE THE PEOPLE"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Fri Eric 69,397
Black Range Artist plan plein air show Sep 18 I love the southwest 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Sep 17 Insect Trust 30
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Sep 11 FEDUPw-dumb-mean-... 45
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Sep 7 Tony 608
To ban or not to ban - the future of plastic ba... Sep 5 Yes 11
Mimbres Valley woman still missing Sep 5 Raquel Placencio 7
•••

Flash Flood Warning for Grant County was issued at September 20 at 3:53PM MDT

•••