The rules of the road

The rules of the road

There are 4 comments on the Silver City Sun-News story from Apr 28, 2010, titled The rules of the road. In it, Silver City Sun-News reports that:

The New Mexico Department of Transportation will be assisting with traffic during the 2010 SRAM Tour of the Gila, Road closures The closures will be as follows: Today, on NM-15 from the "Y" in Pinos Altos to the intersection of NM-15 and NM-35, which will start at 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. This will be in both directions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver City Sun-News.

ROL

United States

#1 Apr 29, 2010
The rules are all great for the cyclists, but they are rude and do to not give drivers a return of courtesy. They "hog" the road and act as if vehicles have no rights, nor do the cyclists give any consideration to the people who live and work here. We still have to go to work, the store, etc, but these jerks refuse to "share" the road. I for one wish the Tour would be discontuined. I ride a motorcycle and if I and my co-riders acted like these cyclists, we would be ticketed by the police, but the cyclists are treated like they are special. Talk about discrimination!!!!!
Grant County

Silver City, NM

#2 Apr 29, 2010
You're probably right, but you sound like a cry baby anyway! I don't ride a bike and no I'm not a new generation hippie either.
Grant County

Silver City, NM

#3 Apr 29, 2010
ROL wrote:
The rules are all great for the cyclists, but they are rude and do to not give drivers a return of courtesy. They "hog" the road and act as if vehicles have no rights, nor do the cyclists give any consideration to the people who live and work here. We still have to go to work, the store, etc, but these jerks refuse to "share" the road. I for one wish the Tour would be discontuined. I ride a motorcycle and if I and my co-riders acted like these cyclists, we would be ticketed by the police, but the cyclists are treated like they are special. Talk about discrimination!!!!!
You should be thankful these jerks are in town and help boost the local economy, you might be out of a job if it weren't for this guys!
Cindi

Mena, AR

#4 Apr 29, 2010
Although you seem to live in Silver City, ROL, it's ironic that your comments tag lists you as being from Washington, DC. I commuted to work on a bicycle for 30 years in Washington, DC's traffic. I obeyed the rules. All of them. I cannot speak for the behavior of other cyclists, but I can tell you that the drivers in DC were the ones who hogged the road, acted as if bicycles have no rights, nor gave any consideration to other users of the road.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 18 hr Norbert of Norview 71,944
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Aug 21 Pied Piper 50
News A local intstitution Aug 14 EarthwrightsDesigns 1
Federal law enforcement agencies conduct meth s... Aug 1 dmac2030 4
News Yankie Street whitewater Jul '15 Msgtdon 1
News Luna County enters Joint Powers Agreement for C... Jul '15 American Citizen 4
News Hearse from Pinos Altos Hearst Church moved to ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Lorina 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pinos Altos Mortgages