Police blotter (Sept. 8)

Full story: Silver City Sun-News

The following information was obtained from the Silver City Police Department: For the weekend, beginning at 4 p.m. Friday and ending at 8 a.m. Tuesday, the Silver City Police Department responded to 97 calls for service and had 117 self-initiated activity, issued 154 citations, and made 14 arrests, including one for aggravated DWI.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Sep 10, 2010
Do you live in Silver

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2010

Is it always this busy in town? The fights, gun shots and domestic disturbance and general rip offs? Seems to occupy a number of people in the city.
I haven't been a faithful reader of the crime log here, Is this pretty normal for a 72 hour period? Of course it was a holiday weekend. People getting shot in broad daylight like at the park not long ago.
I would really like to hear from someone living in Silver City. Do you hear sirens at night very often? Do you hear gun fire? What are you thinking about in terms of crime? Have you been a victim of anything? where do you live in town and what's going on in your neighborhood, if anything?
SilverSally

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2010

Silver is not a safe place to live. This area is our home and we love it but you do not want to live in town. Sirens day and night. Barking dogs and loose animals. Streets are unsafe. Vehicle noise, souped up engines, motorcycles, boom box music, young children on dirt bikes and ATV's on city streets in all neighborhoods. Gun fire is mostly gang related and very common. Many locals shoot their guns in the air rather than shoot off fireworks. Should we mention trash. It's everywhere. We have laws and ordinances but no enforcement. Victims have no rights. Cops protect criminals. The police are not your friends. You want to be outside of town and you want to be armed.
Silveroxide

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2010

Now, Now Silver Sally. You know those people are only shooting at skunks that roam around at night. I mean the actual little critters. Then there's the javelina that roam the Ditch. Don't forget the deer. Maybe we have people who do animal control in a different way. Just trying to keep a positive tone here. Even so I know most of what you say to be true.
Circe

Flagstaff, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2010

SilverSally wrote:
Silver is not a safe place to live. This area is our home and we love it but you do not want to live in town. Sirens day and night. Barking dogs and loose animals. Streets are unsafe. Vehicle noise, souped up engines, motorcycles, boom box music, young children on dirt bikes and ATV's on city streets in all neighborhoods. Gun fire is mostly gang related and very common. Many locals shoot their guns in the air rather than shoot off fireworks. Should we mention trash. It's everywhere. We have laws and ordinances but no enforcement. Victims have no rights. Cops protect criminals. The police are not your friends. You want to be outside of town and you want to be armed.
No racism intended, but what you have just described could be Juarez.
Al Reine

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2010

A couple of nights ago the wife and I heard five shots popped off real quick from down on Gold Street at around 11:30PM. We didn't bother calling the police. That's a waste of time. They are either related to the criminals or can't be bothered investigating. They are too busy handing out tickets for not having your seatbelt buckled.

SilverSally hit it exactly right. Silver City is a cesspool. Those that deny it are clueless or don't live here any more. I have a concealed carry permit and my wife is going to take the training too. I just wish we had a Castle Doctrine law in this state. The DA, Mary Lynn Newell, is a far left liberal who thinks that people who get assaulted in their own home should "run away" instead of shooting the assailants. She has told us this flat out at our neighborhood watch meetings. I wonder how I am gonna "run away" with arthritis in both knees?? I wonder WHY I should run away when I am in my own house?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Pinos Altos Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••