In the Know

Tornado, WV

#1 Jul 11, 2011
I cannot believe the shape our postal facility in Pineville is in -weed growing through the bushes out front, poison ivy hanging out of bushes..garbage on teh lawn, floors filthy...what's going on? It looks like the postmaster would want the place cleaned up. Our post office used to be so clean and kept up...I guess those day are long gone. I like the Mountaineers as much as anyone else but instead of wasting money on that stuff, it looks like he would spend some money on cleaning up the place. Any thoughts?
Relax

Orgas, WV

#2 Jul 11, 2011
As far as the inside they have not had a cleaning person
Hired one a few days ago, she is a very hard worker I am sure u will see things change
Patron

Welch, WV

#3 Jul 12, 2011
Don't know the hours but they not allowed very many a week
Relax

Orgas, WV

#4 Jul 12, 2011
I think she will be working 2 hrs a day ....she will work hard, she does at her other job
Pathetic

Pineville, WV

#5 Jul 12, 2011
They need to install new floor tiles. I think they look dirty but they are also worn out. As for the pictures on the windows--this needs to all go. It is so silly and hicky looking. I doubt the U S Postal Service would approve if this place were ever audited. It needs to look like a post office and not some slopped up paint job that a hippy would put on their walls.
In the Know wrote:
I cannot believe the shape our postal facility in Pineville is in -weed growing through the bushes out front, poison ivy hanging out of bushes..garbage on teh lawn, floors filthy...what's going on? It looks like the postmaster would want the place cleaned up. Our post office used to be so clean and kept up...I guess those day are long gone. I like the Mountaineers as much as anyone else but instead of wasting money on that stuff, it looks like he would spend some money on cleaning up the place. Any thoughts?
Annie

Oceana, WV

#6 Jul 12, 2011
Pathetic wrote:
They need to install new floor tiles. I think they look dirty but they are also worn out. As for the pictures on the windows--this needs to all go. It is so silly and hicky looking. I doubt the U S Postal Service would approve if this place were ever audited. It needs to look like a post office and not some slopped up paint job that a hippy would put on their walls.
<quoted text>
Sounds like somebody has an axe to grind. I think it is an excellent paint job but would look better if the picture was painted to view from the outside. Just think, while you've been whining you could have picked up that trash. Make America beautiful instead of crying so much you're a flood hazard.
cheap_skate

Pineville, WV

#7 Jul 13, 2011
the bluefield office handles all problems with this post office..i suggest if you wanna cry do it to them or www.usps.gov and fill out a complaint the squeaky wheel gets the oil.
In the Know

Charleston, WV

#8 Jul 28, 2011
Well I did notice all those nasty looking poison ivy infested bushes are gone...
humm

Oceana, WV

#9 Jul 28, 2011
Who is the person who cleans up? Is it still Penny? I have a problem with that gapped toothed, saggy tit thing. Acts like she is so pityful to everyone, to get pity. O please, we are so tired of hearing it. Grow up, how old are you woman? almost 60? Its time to act it. Nobody wants to hear about your problems
Info

Oceana, WV

#10 Jul 28, 2011
humm wrote:
Who is the person who cleans up? Is it still Penny? I have a problem with that gapped toothed, saggy tit thing. Acts like she is so pityful to everyone, to get pity. O please, we are so tired of hearing it. Grow up, how old are you woman? almost 60? Its time to act it. Nobody wants to hear about your problems
No it's not someone named penny ....but if it looks good why does it matter
Barthomalthue

Farmville, VA

#11 Jul 28, 2011
Pineville post office moving to Brenton.
Patron

Brenton, WV

#12 Jul 29, 2011
Leave it alone, people. Chuck is working his butt off to keep up with the mail. The Postal Service, in it's infinite wisdom, only allows so many manhours to do the mail and keep up with the building. I like him, and I appreciate his efforts. I'm going to volunteer to help him. MAYBE YOU should too instead of snipeing at him all the time. They are going to put a table and benches where the bushes were so we can sit, wait on our checks, and check out the fine ladies who go there for their mail. "In the know", I'm sure nobody will give you a second look. We know who you are, and what you look like.
Prior worker

Brenton, WV

#13 Aug 15, 2011
Yes, they have cut back hours and downsizing of employees and this of course causes customers to be upset and over anxious to get their mail. Please be patient.
Betcha

Smoot, WV

#14 Aug 15, 2011
Pineville PO is on the chopping block, along with about 3700 other small post offices nationwide. Won't be open much longer anyhow, won't matter.
Andon

Orgas, WV

#15 Aug 15, 2011
Relax wrote:
I think she will be working 2 hrs a day ....she will work hard, she does at her other job
And just WHO did she know in order to get this type of job??? It's always in knowing somebody that already works at the post office. It's usually a family member or a really good friend???
Patron

Orgas, WV

#16 Aug 15, 2011
Patron wrote:
Leave it alone, people. Chuck is working his butt off to keep up with the mail. The Postal Service, in it's infinite wisdom, only allows so many manhours to do the mail and keep up with the building. I like him, and I appreciate his efforts. I'm going to volunteer to help him. MAYBE YOU should too instead of snipeing at him all the time. They are going to put a table and benches where the bushes were so we can sit, wait on our checks, and check out the fine ladies who go there for their mail. "In the know", I'm sure nobody will give you a second look. We know who you are, and what you look like.
I will agree, Chuck is a good person and a great postmaster!! He is also a hard worker, and that isn't an easy job as everyone thinks it is either!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 23 min fitness-guru 65,076
The Welch Hangout (Jan '13) 1 hr Sundog512 19,658
Elkhorn Towers Internet available 3 hr itsjustmoney 3
cooterdog's hang out (Aug '12) 5 hr purplelady1040 24,371
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 7 hr Analog man 8,415
Ed's Packette Fri Eds packette 1
MSHA seeks old PES, board declines Dec 24 moron patrol 2
Pineville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pineville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pineville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pineville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:26 am PST

NBC Sports10:26AM
Panthers RB Williams probable vs. Falcons - NBC Sports
ESPN10:41 AM
Panthers RB Stewart gets nod vs. Falcons
ESPN11:57 AM
Bengals TE Eifert will not return this season
Bleacher Report11:44 PM
Denver Broncos: Why the Run Defense Isn't a Concern
ESPN 6:10 AM
Panthers assistant saves family's Christmas