Any mines hiring black hats?

Posted in the Pineville Forum

Laid Off Coal Miner

Ashland, KY

#1 Apr 20, 2008
I am a black hat coal miner with 3 years of experience and numerous certifications. I have been all over the county and adjoining counties and still haven't heard back from ANY of them! Anyone know where else to go?

(And before someone throws it out there...I will...YES I WILL PASS A DRUG TEST! lol)
Amy

United States

#2 Apr 21, 2008
Are u underground or surface? My husband is a highwall miner and Bluestone is hiring. I am not sure but i think they are hiring both right now.
They have a office in beckley.
Hope you get a break soon
better look again

Orgas, WV

#3 Apr 21, 2008
Go to Coal Mountain. They have both an underground mine and strip job there. They are hiring for both. Underground boss is Randell, Strip boss is Bronco. This is a Bluestone mines also.
unknown

Orgas, WV

#4 Apr 21, 2008
did you try kepler in pineville?
andy

Orgas, WV

#5 Apr 21, 2008
Have you tried any of the mines at New Richmond?
Laid Off Coal Miner

Waynesboro, VA

#6 Apr 21, 2008
thanks for the advise.
coalminer wife

Oceana, WV

#7 Apr 21, 2008
i do know formually known as us steal on welch/pineville road is hiring. you have to go umployment office to place application. then go to work site to hand in resume.
1 post removed

“I aim to misbehave!!!”

Since: Mar 08

Welch

#9 Apr 22, 2008
coalminer wife wrote:
i do know formually known as us steal on welch/pineville road is hiring. you have to go umployment office to place application. then go to work site to hand in resume.
The company's name is Cleveland-Cliffs. They purchased from US Steel.

http://www.cleveland-cliffs.com/Operations/NA...
Joe

Pineville, WV

#10 Apr 22, 2008
coalminer wife wrote:
I don't know who told you that but they DO NOT want people coming to the mine site. They will automatically throw your application away if you come there. There are signs all over saying not to. The only way you go there is if they call you for an interview.
Laid Off Coal Miner

Waynesboro, VA

#11 Apr 22, 2008
Uh, the earlier response WASN'T me...but yeah, thanks for the advise. I will definitely check out those places ASAP!!
ladycoalminer

Oceana, WV

#12 Apr 26, 2008
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know who told you that but they DO NOT want people coming to the mine site. They will automatically throw your application away if you come there. There are signs all over saying not to. The only way you go there is if they call you for an interview.
Ain't no signs saying not to come there. I work there so I know. But CC do want to hire more people especially black hats...we have to many red hats running around as is but oh well lol
bah

Parkersburg, WV

#13 May 5, 2008
Brody Mining at Bim WV is doing hiring all the time and there main office is in Gilbert the owner name is Anthony CLine.
whatever

United States

#14 May 7, 2008
Bluestone...office on Eisenhower drive where the helicopter always sets.

Hiring all over their system i think.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#15 May 13, 2008
Laid Off Coal Miner wrote:
I am a black hat coal miner with 3 years of experience and numerous certifications. I have been all over the county and adjoining counties and still haven't heard back from ANY of them! Anyone know where else to go?
(And before someone throws it out there...I will...YES I WILL PASS A DRUG TEST! lol)
I'm pretty sure that Double Bonus is hiring right now.
1 post removed
hmm

Bridgeport, WV

#17 May 20, 2008
well i know for a fact coal mountain is hiring my boyfriend works there im not sure about underground but i know surface the number there is 5832104 if u wanna know
missy

Charleston, WV

#18 May 20, 2008
yeah my boyfriend works for U.S.Steel on welch/pineville road and he said they we're hiring there...lol
miners wife

AOL

#19 May 22, 2008
missy wrote:
yeah my boyfriend works for U.S.Steel on welch/pineville road and he said they we're hiring there...lol
Does your boyfriend work at Greenridge in Pinnacle or the one on Welch side? Does he have trouble with his paydays my husbands last payday was 900. short. He did'nt get it this time either. It's a big mess....
3 posts removed
unknown

Charleston, WV

#23 May 22, 2008
miners wife wrote:
<quoted text>
Does your boyfriend work at Greenridge in Pinnacle or the one on Welch side? Does he have trouble with his paydays my husbands last payday was 900. short. He did'nt get it this time either. It's a big mess....
I don't know i don't live with him and i don't get his money...he's just my boyfriend and i think he works at Pinn-Oak.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cleveland cliffs mining (Dec '10) 6 hr Donald duck 479
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 10 hr Theo 8,613
valentiines day 22 hr love 1
MSHA seeks old PES, board declines Thu Doesnotmatter 3
im moving on Thu happy 4
Dog Groomers (Jul '09) Jan 28 friend 17
Loud trucks ?? (Aug '10) Jan 28 Pineville Sucks 34
Pineville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web