Terrible treatment at childrens clini...

Terrible treatment at childrens clinic in Pineville!!!!

Posted in the Pineville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
bird dog

United States

#2 Aug 30, 2008
Hello

Since: May 08

Good Ole West Virginee!!

#3 Aug 31, 2008
What kind of terrible treatment????
aol

AOL

#4 Aug 31, 2008
WHAT HAPPEN..I take my children there....
like to know

Oakland, MD

#5 Sep 1, 2008
whats going on?
1 post removed
Grammy to be

United States

#7 Sep 2, 2008
I think the Childrens Clinic and all the people who work there are wonderful. I have taken my children there for 20 years and soon my grandchild. The nurses are knowledgable and know how to make parents and children feel at ease. Dr Catterson is the most intellegent pediatrician I have ever dealt with and always cares about the children.
jam

Oakland, MD

#8 Sep 2, 2008
Grammy to be wrote:
I think the Childrens Clinic and all the people who work there are wonderful. I have taken my children there for 20 years and soon my grandchild. The nurses are knowledgable and know how to make parents and children feel at ease. Dr Catterson is the most intellegent pediatrician I have ever dealt with and always cares about the children.
WELL SAID
Grateful Mom

United States

#9 Sep 2, 2008
I agree with Grammy to be!!! I take my kids there too. And like most kids, they sometimes embarrass me by acting up in the doctor's office. Thank God, though, the nurses there are real professionals who know how to get children to cooperate so that what needs to be done for their own good (lab tests, shots, etc.) can be accomplished. After awhile, the kids always settle down and look forward to the stickers they get as their reward for (eventually) being good!
sue

Welch, WV

#10 Sep 2, 2008
I used to think that they did not know what they were doing. My family has had a very bad past experince with them. I am not sure now who's falt that was.It could have been the clinics or the pharmacy. I have recently had to take my nice and nephew to them and they have done a wonderful job with them.The staff are very friendly and helpful. They are sure to explain everything to you and will answer all your questions.

“Respect me-I'll respect u”

Since: Jun 08

Flood zone in No Man's Land.

#11 Sep 2, 2008
Dr. Catterson is the best! I have took my kids there from birth and My 6 year old lil' girl loves the nurses and Dr. Catterson and she is very shy and we have had problems with her opening up around people. Anyone that doesn't like Dr. Catterson and her friendly/helpful staff - That is your opinion but as for me, I think she is a wonderful doctor and has the best staff of nurses that I have ever met! Thank You and God Bless...)i(...
Mini Me

United States

#12 Sep 2, 2008
I also have taken my children to Pineville Children's Clinic. I have always been pleased with the treatment that I and my childen have received. At times, it is hard to reason with any chld yet things that they do not like or do not want to do have to be done regardless. Much respect and praise is given to Dr. Catterson and her staff. My family loves all of you.
Satisfied Patron

United States

#13 Sep 2, 2008
My guess is that "terrible treatment" comment was probably posted by some unreasonable parent who wanted their child to be seen immediately no matter how busy the clinic was--or by some mom who couldn't control her child and left it to the nurses to take control--or by someone who couldn't get an appointment before school started because they waited until the last minute!
1 post removed
Very pleased mother

Pineville, WV

#15 Sep 2, 2008
Satisfied Patron wrote:
My guess is that "terrible treatment" comment was probably posted by some unreasonable parent who wanted their child to be seen immediately no matter how busy the clinic was--or by some mom who couldn't control her child and left it to the nurses to take control--or by someone who couldn't get an appointment before school started because they waited until the last minute!
My children and most of the rest of the family have gone to Dr. Catterson for over 30 years. I have never had a problem with any aspect of the clinic. If Dr. Catterson cannot help you, she will get you to someone who can. I have a handicapped child and she has been a lifesaver and has always went far beyond what most doctors would do. I have called her at home several times and she has never failed to do anything in her power to help. I cannot imagine what this post was started over. Maybe it was one of Wyoming's finest trying to get drugs- Uh, no, children can't have Oxys. Of course just look at most of the Pineville posts - people just want to gripe, whine and complain but never want to do anything to change things. In my opinion Dr. Catterson and her staff are proof that there are angels here on earth.
80s Lady

Bald Knob, WV

#16 Sep 3, 2008
I heard the clinic got bought out by the people who run the Tug River Clinic (I think) in McDowell.
bird dog

United States

#17 Sep 5, 2008
I started this post and have read your comments. I took my son there to get his physical for school. My son does not like doctors because a nurse hurt him at Raleigh General. However, when we went in there she was going to weigh my son. He got scared and I kneeled down and was talking to him. About that time this nurse kinda pushed me to the side and jerked my son up and took him across the room kicking and screaming. Now, my son is no angel, but if she would have let me finish talking to him then things would have been just fine. There was no hurry, cause we where the only ones in the clinic. Now, while she is trying to get him weighed, his bibs fell to the floor and embarassed him and made it worse. About that time, the black woman that works there came through the door yelling for my son to, "Straighten up and quit acting that way so he could get weighed. Now, I don't know about you other parents, but no one is going to treat my son that way. I took him up and told them that I did not aprove of the way they were acting. The black ladies response was, " Well sir, it has to be done but you are welcome to leave". So I did. They had no respect for me and my son and no feelings for how my son felt or anything. I would not take my dog there for a bath. For those who think that I am a over protective mother, well, I am a single father and I have full custody of my and and have since his birth. He gets no assistance and I pay for everything for him as well as provide him with a medical card. Would my son have been treated better if he was on welfare or something? There was no excuse for there behavior and ever the reseptionist knew they where in the wrong. She said nothing, but I could tell how she felt. Our children do not have to be treated this way and we as parents must stand up and put a stop to this. All I am saying, is to the parents that are going to go there, please keep a watch on them!!
hiker

United States

#18 Sep 5, 2008
so sorry to hear you had a bad experience..."the black woman", as you put it, is one of the NICEST people you will ever meet!! if she said anything to your son like that I am POSITIVE she meant it in a teasing manner. I have been taking my girls there for almost 12 years now and have always been treated with respect and care..they always remember who we are, speak to us when they see us out..and no I am not on welfare and work for my insurance too..maybe you were just feeling overly-sensitive for your son bacause of the bad experience at Raleigh. hope everything works out 4 U!!
Working Mother

Lerona, WV

#19 Sep 7, 2008
Well as far as the nurses that work there they r very nice. But I took my son there when he was first born. I took him a few times and he has been sick. He was having trouble breathing, stopped up nose and coughing. I know when something is wrong with my baby im the one who takes care of them. Well I took him there a few times and all they said he is too little to give any medicine. Just do the salt water drops and it will help him. Well after bout a week he got so bad I took him to Roger Johnson and he had to send him straight to the hospital he had phumonia. And from then on he has had bad trouble with asthma. In and out of the hospital. I never went back. Still take him to Roger.
xxxxx

United States

#20 Sep 7, 2008
hiker wrote:
so sorry to hear you had a bad experience..."the black woman", as you put it, is one of the NICEST people you will ever meet!! if she said anything to your son like that I am POSITIVE she meant it in a teasing manner. I have been taking my girls there for almost 12 years now and have always been treated with respect and care..they always remember who we are, speak to us when they see us out..and no I am not on welfare and work for my insurance too..maybe you were just feeling overly-sensitive for your son bacause of the bad experience at Raleigh. hope everything works out 4 U!!
I have to agree with you she is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. My kids love her.
xxxxx

United States

#21 Sep 7, 2008
Working Mother wrote:
Well as far as the nurses that work there they r very nice. But I took my son there when he was first born. I took him a few times and he has been sick. He was having trouble breathing, stopped up nose and coughing. I know when something is wrong with my baby im the one who takes care of them. Well I took him there a few times and all they said he is too little to give any medicine. Just do the salt water drops and it will help him. Well after bout a week he got so bad I took him to Roger Johnson and he had to send him straight to the hospital he had phumonia. And from then on he has had bad trouble with asthma. In and out of the hospital. I never went back. Still take him to Roger.
I have to agree with you too. I took my son their and they would say the same thing and I would go and buy over the counter meds to try and get him better. I ended up taking him to Roger and he gave him something to help. Thank god it didnt turn out to be as bad as your child. But I do love the nurses and the one PA the older lady when my son would see her she always went out of her way to help if she seen him the rest not so much.
short fuse

Mechanicsburg, PA

#22 Sep 7, 2008
well working mother the same thing happen to me about 6 years ago. He had phumonia and she told me the same thing to give him the stuff you gave your child.he was crying and screaming because they gave him shots and they wanted him to sut up. So now I take my 2 children to beckley pediatrics.Dr. John Johnson.
like to know

United States

#23 Sep 7, 2008
Where is Roger Johnsons office? And is a PEDIATRIC DOCTOR?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 11 hr Whiny1 11,741
Women and Their Men 13 hr gollygee 1
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 15 hr Selfish fools 4,393
Old Friend 22 hr Jen 1
Looking for an old friend Jan 16 Mike 1
Do you know?? Jan 16 Silver Mine 1
Perry Galloway Jan 16 Troof 7

Pineville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance