shentel is awsome comma

Christiansburg, VA

#42 Mar 5, 2011
shentel is awsome, if you just graduated from dial up. other than that they suck ass. they should meter how much you use and make u pay that rate. example, i pay for mach 3 but get mach-negative 4 (dial-up speeds) so i should have to pay like 4cents a year. ass clowns!
Fence Post

AOL

#43 Mar 5, 2011
shentel is awsome comma wrote:
shentel is awsome, if you just graduated from dial up. other than that they suck ass. they should meter how much you use and make u pay that rate. example, i pay for mach 3 but get mach-negative 4 (dial-up speeds) so i should have to pay like 4cents a year. ass clowns!
you are sooooo right!!! i had dial up before, now i pay over $30 a month for high speed and still have dial up speed. wtf!
Shentel a Joke

Oak Hill, WV

#44 Mar 10, 2011
I have family members that live in Wyoming County and they as well have problems with Shentel. Here's a good place to start. If enough people complain, something can be done about this. Trust me, I've done this myself, here in Raleigh County.
https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/getstarted....
greatdeal

Oceana, WV

#45 Mar 11, 2011
I went to speakeasy.net to check my speed. My friend has Mach 2 and his speed is 8. I have Mach 3 and my speed I'd 1.2 wtf
jerry

Pineville, WV

#46 Mar 11, 2011
I just filed a complaint https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/getstarted....

Lets see if it helps.
Mandy

Forest, VA

#47 Mar 13, 2011
People are having problems with Shentel all over since they added about 20,000 customers last year. If you're on Facebook, join the page "Shentel Class Action Lawsuit". Some have already talked to attorneys and another person has uploaded our speed tests and sent them to the CEO. Hopefully things will change soon.

I'm trying not to complain too much because it's a lot better than the internet we used to have, but when you're paying for something and they're giving you another, it's just wrong! The least they could do is give us a discount until they get it figured out!
P-ssED OFF

Pineville, WV

#48 Mar 13, 2011
Last Sunday, when the new television programs were scheduled to air, guess what? Shittell well off the air on lower channels. I am going to start deducting the amount of my payments for each time I desire to watch television and am unable to do so because of their substandard service.
My Girl

AOL

#49 Mar 13, 2011
P-ssED OFF wrote:
Last Sunday, when the new television programs were scheduled to air, guess what? Shittell well off the air on lower channels. I am going to start deducting the amount of my payments for each time I desire to watch television and am unable to do so because of their substandard service.
i know. i missed desperate housewives and brothers and sisters. i was pi&&ed off to no end. never keep anyone on call to make repairs after-hours. guess that wyoming county!!!!!!! feed'em &hit and watch'em eat it!!! thats shentell's theory on it!
long time coustomer

Forest, VA

#50 Mar 27, 2011
I have been customer of JET then Shentel since they went two way.. My speeds also suck bad and were worse before. it took them a year to find a problem with a cable and I complained every day . when they found the problem (JET) all my documented calls etc were magically no where to be found in their system.. Luckily i kept my own data for a year of their sucky speeds.(sometimes less than dialup) I did get a little credit once i proved them but they said they couldn't credit a year.. HHMMMM.. Shentel took over my speeds are worse than when Jet owned . also every time they claim a speed increase.(ex 6 to 12 meg) my speed gets slower.. I have Mach 3 and most of the time if i want to watch a video i revert to my cell phone because at least it will stream!!!..(SAD!!!!!)
martha

Forest, VA

#51 Apr 13, 2011
My god! what a joke Shentel is, actually Jet was much faster. We were ready to purchase a new PC, thought it was a cpu proble, but, it was Shentel sucking service! We are ready to , more than ready to go with DSL!!!!
DSmith

Christiansburg, VA

#52 Jul 10, 2011
I dont mean to be a nay sayer to all of you here, but i have a few things to state.

1) they clearly state that their speeds are "up to" they dont have a guarentee on speeds meaning there is no chance of a successful lawsuit/FCC/BBB because they will fall back on the fact the contract specifically states "up to". And before anyone says "I never signed a contract". Any time you click "i agree" on the web, order form, etc or sign the work order when the tech finishes the job, that is legally accepting the terms and conditions set forth in the documents that no one feels they need to read.

2) Loud commercials, if you have a HD tv/stereo unit, it is as simple usually as setting it to PCM instead of Dolby digital, after all lets be real your two speaker TV cant deliver true 5 speaker sound of Dolby digital 5.0, cause.... duh you only have two speakers.

3) I DONT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY BUT ACTUALLY A COMPETITOR BUT I HATE WHEN I SEE COMMENTS MADE BY PEOPLE WITHOUT RESEARCH CAUSE I HEAR IT ALL DAY.

4) I personally have Verizon internet, highest DSL in the area but it is working at less then the lower package. All companies will state that "Lines and distance from hub office can cause slower speeds" If you have crappy lines between you and their hub, you will have crappy speeds, if you are closer to a DSL hub then a cable hub, you will get better service with DSL. It is all based on where you live.

My last point i will post on here is. Most people need to do research before posting opinions cause in most cases (if you are truely honest with yourself) you are just upset and no amount of explaining why the situation is happening will interest you. I hope if you read this you get a little more educated and dont just makes posts like "IT SUCKS". If you dont like it switch companies, and see what you have over there. Just cause YOU have issues doesnt mean everyone is. I know it is hard to see past your own nose, but trying instead of internet ranting is far more beneficial. Companies mostly care about $$ posting on the internet wont fix anything. Cancelling and taking money out of their pockets is the only thing that will.

Since: Jul 11

Ravencliff, WV

#53 Jul 10, 2011
Do not get frontier....my mom has it and as soon as it starts raining it the tv goes out....they told my mom that when she first signed up that she would be paying like 8 dollars for the frist 3 months for the extra box. That was what she was gopnna pay was 8 dollars and when she got her bill it was like 199. The actually charge you for the instalation. She had to call and argue about it and the only thing they helped her with was the install. And as far as internet goes all they have through brenton area right now is dial up and it sucks. You cant do anything. if you play games like farmville on facebook you cant do anything. SO if your thinking about going to frontier DON'T
1 post removed
guess who

United States

#55 Dec 28, 2011
HHT wrote:
Shentel is becoming a monopoly much like Verizon was, shentel is a landline phone provider and should have remained that instead of entering the cable,internet, and Voip services. They dont provide there employees the proper training necessary, nor the tools to complete the jobs, most all installation is done by contractors, and most employees are right of the streets with little to now knowledge. They run off or fire there better employees and if you ever work for them do not tell a future employer, a few friends of mine that quit them did, and the company told the other company not to hire them, which I am pretty sure is against the law.. But does anyone really ever win lawsuits against companies like this one..
Shentel is doing evil things. They want to own and operate Shenandoah county due to their running whatever other types of transactions they want too....Think about it...a monopoly within the shadow of the White House...and they don't want the county to grow...things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm.....
class action

Woodstock, VA

#56 Aug 19, 2012
shentel class action law suit does anyone know how too start one
Terrible

Pineville, WV

#57 Aug 19, 2012
We pay for the highest speed, yet our speed is rdicuously slow.
what

Hansford, WV

#58 Aug 20, 2012
DSmith wrote:
I dont mean to be a nay sayer to all of you here, but i have a few things to state.
1) they clearly state that their speeds are "up to" they dont have a guarentee on speeds meaning there is no chance of a successful lawsuit/FCC/BBB because they will fall back on the fact the contract specifically states "up to". And before anyone says "I never signed a contract". Any time you click "i agree" on the web, order form, etc or sign the work order when the tech finishes the job, that is legally accepting the terms and conditions set forth in the documents that no one feels they need to read.
2) Loud commercials, if you have a HD tv/stereo unit, it is as simple usually as setting it to PCM instead of Dolby digital, after all lets be real your two speaker TV cant deliver true 5 speaker sound of Dolby digital 5.0, cause.... duh you only have two speakers.
3) I DONT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY BUT ACTUALLY A COMPETITOR BUT I HATE WHEN I SEE COMMENTS MADE BY PEOPLE WITHOUT RESEARCH CAUSE I HEAR IT ALL DAY.
4) I personally have Verizon internet, highest DSL in the area but it is working at less then the lower package. All companies will state that "Lines and distance from hub office can cause slower speeds" If you have crappy lines between you and their hub, you will have crappy speeds, if you are closer to a DSL hub then a cable hub, you will get better service with DSL. It is all based on where you live.
My last point i will post on here is. Most people need to do research before posting opinions cause in most cases (if you are truely honest with yourself) you are just upset and no amount of explaining why the situation is happening will interest you. I hope if you read this you get a little more educated and dont just makes posts like "IT SUCKS". If you dont like it switch companies, and see what you have over there. Just cause YOU have issues doesnt mean everyone is. I know it is hard to see past your own nose, but trying instead of internet ranting is far more beneficial. Companies mostly care about $$ posting on the internet wont fix anything. Cancelling and taking money out of their pockets is the only thing that will.
For most of wyoming county Shentel is the only game in town. They don't have a choice, it's dialup or come and go service with Shentel. I had Jet and they couldn't deliver so I went back to DSL but you have to live in a small area to qualify for DSL.
alv

Barboursville, WV

#59 Aug 22, 2012
if you get shentel phone service YOU ARE ASKING FOR TROUBLE. i had shentel phone service for about one month then was glad to have frontier back.
Wow

Welch, WV

#60 Dec 9, 2012
My shentel Internet is so slow right now. I pay for 12mbps and it buffers while watching YouTube videos. It used to be ok. Am I the only one? Am I going to have to figure out if its them, or some moocher that's stealing off my signal? I doubt the latter. Seeing as how they'd have to know three different passwords. Anyways, my Internet is currently garbage.
Theyre all bad

Daniels, WV

#61 Dec 10, 2012
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the citizens of wyoming county should consider a class action law suit. I don't want a couple months free. I want reimbursed and a service provider that gives you what you pay for.
They are all bad. I have Frontier DSL and it was great when Verizon had it but now it sucks. It goes on and off all day long and it is SLOW. Looks like somebody could give us decent high speed internet.
1 post removed
whu oh why

Radford, VA

#63 Jun 20, 2013
Have shentel here and hope the post goes thru. I was so pissed when they told me it was my pc so I asked all three pc's are bad, think not, then it was my router, then it was the modem. They have absolutely no friggin clue and make excuses. I wish Christiansburg would kick them out and get Cox, Time Warner or Comcast. Oh btw a friend lives in a comcast system and pays less then I do has twice the speeds and says it's great. Please Christiansburg Officals get Comcast in here like Blacksburg did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Alphabet Game (Dec '11) 9 min -Papa-Smurf- 2,621
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 10 min -Papa-Smurf- 6,932
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 19 min River Tam 100,446
Wicca Is Witchcraft (Mar '11) 3 hr Eternal truth 22,124
When does pool open 5 hr Jack Bilstein 1
cooterdog's hang out (Aug '12) 5 hr Eternal truth 38,898
Anyone know 5 hr Sally P 10

Pineville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pineville Mortgages