First Prev
of 4
Next Last
mad

Pineville, WV

#1 Nov 3, 2010
Is anyone haveing trouble with their internet since shentel bought jetbroad band ,i have been haveing trouble for over a week .when i lose my internet i have no phone also.
not happy

Welch, WV

#2 Nov 3, 2010
Yeah my internet is terrible now an my phone goes in an out
Shentel Customer

Pineville, WV

#3 Nov 3, 2010
yes and the cable bill went up!
Just Me

AOL

#4 Nov 3, 2010
I started having trouble last year with internet coming and going and at the same time, my reception on tv get very fuzzy. Again in April/May, same problems, took them several times to correct but never really completely fixed (snowy channels, slow internet).

Now have been having problems for almost a month. I loose internet almost every night and you can't see the picture on the tv. Internet support is a joke and i don't have time to sit on the phone every night/day so they can re-boot.

i've thought about calling better business bureau. they are billing for services not rendered. everyone needs to get together and picket the darn place until something is done. we pay as much as suddenlink and they never have problems and have way more channels.

ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?????????? I'M TIRED OF BEING TIRED OF THIS!!!
meto

Welch, WV

#5 Nov 3, 2010
We have called and called. No one has returned our phone calls. we also have the bundle, so when one goes out it all goes. Now our internet explorer want let us get online. I think everyone should get a couple months free for all this hassel. O not to mention when our phone does decide to work it sounds like we r talking under water to the person on the other end.Maybe if enough people complain they will do something. If not we r going to get another provider. I'm not gonna keep paying 160.00 per month for something we can't use!!!!
Just Me

AOL

#6 Nov 3, 2010
meto wrote:
We have called and called. No one has returned our phone calls. we also have the bundle, so when one goes out it all goes. Now our internet explorer want let us get online. I think everyone should get a couple months free for all this hassel. O not to mention when our phone does decide to work it sounds like we r talking under water to the person on the other end.Maybe if enough people complain they will do something. If not we r going to get another provider. I'm not gonna keep paying 160.00 per month for something we can't use!!!!
Maybe the citizens of wyoming county should consider a class action law suit. I don't want a couple months free. I want reimbursed and a service provider that gives you what you pay for.
Agreed

Welch, WV

#7 Nov 4, 2010
We have the exact same issues with Shentel. I also know several other people in my community that have the same problem. We get dropped calls a lot also. I've had people tell me that they can't ever get a call through because it sends them straight to voice mail. We've had them here to "work" on the issues at least 5 or 6 times, maybe more, but it doesn't ever help. They always have some lame excuse as to why it's not working right. My neighbor hasn't had phone service for almost a month. When she does, it only lasts a few hours and then it goes out again and they only took a few dollars off of her bill for that month. I think they are pathetic and that is why we have switched providers!Something needs to be done so they will stop ripping people off!!!
redneck

War, WV

#8 Nov 4, 2010
yeah i have the same problem with them my internet has been messed up since october keep getting the run around so i called the better business bureau there sending me some papers to fill out maybe this well light a fire under there ass and they will do something
Just Me

AOL

#9 Nov 5, 2010
redneck wrote:
yeah i have the same problem with them my internet has been messed up since october keep getting the run around so i called the better business bureau there sending me some papers to fill out maybe this well light a fire under there ass and they will do something
I hope so, for all our sake! I still think a class action law suit would be better. If you or I was taking money for people for nothing, we would go to jail for robbery, which is exactly what they are doing!

I am getting information on CitiNet for my provider. I have them at work, so I know they are available in this area. Then I'm getting a satellite and I'm calling Shentel to come and get their lines!
helpful

Nitro, WV

#10 Nov 6, 2010
its went form bad to worse. I would get a satellite dish and either Fibernet or Frontier internet service and run this bunch of junk out of Wyoming county.I had jetbroadband before the switch to Shentel just for the local stations not internet and then Dish got the locals on satellite now, fox 59, wvva , ETc etc, and I dropped them like a hot potatoe. My channels were horrible most of the time with jetbroadband and the lines laid in the road all the time and they didnt put them back up. Word up, get a satellite dish and new internet service
Just Me

AOL

#11 Nov 7, 2010
believe it or not, but my cable has been good all weekend, and i haven't lost internet once.

omg, what happened!
PHS Grad

United States

#12 Nov 7, 2010
SHENTEL SUCKS!!!
Lucky

Pineville, WV

#13 Nov 7, 2010
Just Me wrote:
believe it or not, but my cable has been good all weekend, and i haven't lost internet once.
omg, what happened!
It rained.
Mt Creek Estates

Alderson, WV

#14 Nov 11, 2010
I live right below their office,and we have been asking for broadband since they opened up.They have it in their office but can't provide it to people living right next to them.I'm sick of dial up.They are a joke and a bunch of crooks.I think that if they really are that lousy once you get that service that you should contact the better buisness bureau or file a class action lawsuit.Furthermore the state of W.V. got 50 million dollars to build up our broadband service and make it more available.All of these crooked companys need to be put on notice.
Not Me

Pineville, WV

#15 Nov 11, 2010
Mt Creek Estates wrote:
I live right below their office,and we have been asking for broadband since they opened up.They have it in their office but can't provide it to people living right next to them.I'm sick of dial up.They are a joke and a bunch of crooks.I think that if they really are that lousy once you get that service that you should contact the better buisness bureau or file a class action lawsuit.Furthermore the state of W.V. got 50 million dollars to build up our broadband service and make it more available.All of these crooked companys need to be put on notice.
That money will be divided amoung the thieves who provide cable service. Shentel will recieve a big grant, and you still won't have broadband. You should call the public service commission.
noone

Charleston, WV

#16 Nov 11, 2010
go to Frontier and get the package deal with direct tv....
Shentel sucks

United States

#17 Nov 11, 2010
I would go with Frontier but they don't offer it here yet either. I need fast internet bad.
Just Me

AOL

#18 Nov 14, 2010
noone wrote:
go to Frontier and get the package deal with direct tv....
we're checking on it. there was a direct tv circular in today's register herald
meto

Welch, WV

#19 Nov 16, 2010
I got online and filed a complaint form to the fcc yesterday. Maybe that will light a fire under their asses! And fyi alot of others have to. Maybe the fcc will take care of it if enough people complain.
meto

Welch, WV

#20 Nov 16, 2010
I filed a complaint online yesterday to the FCC and fyi I'm not the only one to do this. Hopefully if enough people will do this the FCC will take care of our problems.And if that doesn't light a fire under their a**es I don't know what will.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thank you McBride and Patterson!! 30 min Ooh ooh ah 14
elections 1 hr Downwiththewitch 44
Plastic flowers 1 hr Dwight 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 hr Another Damn Liberal 88,693
Does anyone know how to get an autopsy report o... (Jun '07) 4 hr Charlie Budhouser 9
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 5 hr luci 9,814
Drop a word, Add a word (Dec '10) 6 hr luci 4,507
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pineville Mortgages