First Prev
of 215
Next Last
Respect Your Elders

San Ramon, CA

#1 Mar 18, 2008
We should insist that if the immigrant who comes here does in good faith become an
American and assimilates himself to us he shall be treated on an exact equality with every one else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed or birth-place or origin.
But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American and nothing but an American. If he tries to keep segregated with men of his own origin and separated from the rest of America, then he isn't doing his part as an American. There can be no divided allegiance here... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one soul loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people.
Teddy Roosevelt

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#2 Mar 18, 2008
" The resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive."

Thomas Jefferson

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#3 Mar 18, 2008
For fun, can anyone guess what movie these quotes came from?

" You seek a great treasure, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek. But first....first you must travel a long & difficult road, a road fraught with perril. Mmhmm. You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a cow.......on the roof of a cotton house, ha. And, oh, so many startlements. I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the obstacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward. Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation."

The Blind Seer

" The color guard is colored! "

Homer Stokes
2 posts removed
CUTE

United States

#6 Mar 19, 2008
WELL, I THINK IT IS FROM "O BROTHER WHERE ART THOU?"...THAT FIRST QUOTE...LOVE THE MOVIE...

WHAT ABOUT THIS ONE..."WHEN WE PRAY FOR PATIENCE DOES GOD JUST GIVE US PATIENCE OR DOES HE GIVE US OPPORTUNITIES TO BE PATIENT? AND WHEN WE PRAY FOR OUR FAMILY TO BE CLOSER, DOES GOD JUST ZAP US WITH WARM AND FUZZY FEELINGS, OR DOES HE GIVE US OPPORTUNITES TO BECOME CLOSE?"....

FDG

“Have facts, will travel!”

Since: Feb 08

The Big Town!

#7 Mar 19, 2008
CUTE wrote:
WELL, I THINK IT IS FROM "O BROTHER WHERE ART THOU?"...THAT FIRST QUOTE...LOVE THE MOVIE...
WHAT ABOUT THIS ONE..."WHEN WE PRAY FOR PATIENCE DOES GOD JUST GIVE US PATIENCE OR DOES HE GIVE US OPPORTUNITIES TO BE PATIENT? AND WHEN WE PRAY FOR OUR FAMILY TO BE CLOSER, DOES GOD JUST ZAP US WITH WARM AND FUZZY FEELINGS, OR DOES HE GIVE US OPPORTUNITES TO BECOME CLOSE?"....
Your shift key seems to be stuck...
http://www.pyzam.com/funnypictures/details/53...
shooter

United States

#8 Mar 19, 2008
'No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'
-- Ronald Reagan

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#9 Mar 19, 2008
" The most terrifying words in the English language are, I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#10 Mar 19, 2008
FDG wrote:
<quoted text>
Your shift key seems to be stuck...
http://www.pyzam.com/funnypictures/details/53...
Your right, LOL!!! Where did you get your quote? I really like!

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#11 Mar 19, 2008
Sorry FDG..meant that for CUTE.
1 post removed
CUTE

United States

#13 Mar 19, 2008
FDG wrote:
<quoted text>
Your shift key seems to be stuck...
http://www.pyzam.com/funnypictures/details/53...
GOOD GRIEF. BIG DEAL. GET A LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPPING FROM TOPIC TO TOPIC COMMENTING ON EVERYTHING. DO YOU NOT WORK???? I LIKE MY CAPS LOCK.
CUTE

United States

#14 Mar 19, 2008
SaraML wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right, LOL!!! Where did you get your quote? I really like!
LOL...it's from "Evan Almighty"...
shooter

United States

#15 Mar 19, 2008
As our enemies have found we can reason like men, so now let us show them we can fight like men also

Thomas Jefferson
shooter

United States

#16 Mar 19, 2008
"The only requirement for the success of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
shooter

United States

#17 Mar 19, 2008
"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" Everybody

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#18 Mar 19, 2008
shooter wrote:
As our enemies have found we can reason like men, so now let us show them we can fight like men also
Thomas Jefferson
I haven't read that one...it's really good!
shooter

United States

#19 Mar 19, 2008
SaraML wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't read that one...it's really good!
I had to dig a little.. I noticed your were a history buff of sorts..Ha ha..
1 post removed
I Like This Thread

Welch, WV

#21 Mar 20, 2008
I'm bout to start a drive-by up in this church. You better be glad we in church. Jesus just saved yo life. Halleluyur!
Madea from Madea's Family Reunion
shooter

United States

#22 Mar 20, 2008
I Like This Thread wrote:
I'm bout to start a drive-by up in this church. You better be glad we in church. Jesus just saved yo life. Halleluyur!
Madea from Madea's Family Reunion
What are you talking about? Grabbed the wrong pill bottle this morning did you? I bet you mixed it with alcohol didn't you?
I Like This Thread

Welch, WV

#23 Mar 20, 2008
Then Dew, that's my husband, he'd get to acting horny and the more I laughed, the hornier he'd get and he said, Lorrety, spread me up one of them balony sandwiches.
shooter

United States

#24 Mar 20, 2008
I Like This Thread wrote:
Then Dew, that's my husband, he'd get to acting horny and the more I laughed, the hornier he'd get and he said, Lorrety, spread me up one of them balony sandwiches.
Yep... pills and alcohol... You and Drew are on the wrong thread.. this one is famous quotes or it was before you and Drew showed up..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 215
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 10 min Mgtn Res 89,497
cooterdog's hang out (Aug '12) 40 min -Prince- 32,441
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 2 hr Pop the Weasel 1,288
Single 51 yr old man seeking friendship witha s... (Oct '13) 3 hr Southern girl 44
Nikki C 7 hr Good Grief 2
Poll Best reason to support Bernie Sanders! (Oct '15) 7 hr Fancy 39
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 14 hr honeymylove 9,946
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pineville Mortgages