4 PERSON HOUSEHOLD 2297 MONTH
5 PERSON HOUSEHOLD 2687 MONTH
6 PERSON HOUSEHOLD 3077 MONTH
7 PERSON HOUSEHOLD 3467 MONTH
8 PERSON HOUSEHOLD 3857 MONTH
9 PERSON HOUSEHOLD 4247 MONTH
10PERSON HOUSEHOLD 4637 MONTH

ADD $390 FOR EACH ADDITIONAL PERSON

If you are within the guidelines for assistance with your heating bill go to DHHR office to sign up for LIEAP (Low-Income Energy Assistance) NOW.
Take proof of income, SS cards, and heating bill. These guidelines are for heating assistance only. The guidelines for food stamps, medical card, etc., differ. I hope this helps someone this winter. God bless.
sweet

Pineville, WV

#2 Nov 4, 2008
Thank you for letting us know.
Peoples Advocate

United States

#3 Nov 4, 2008
sweet wrote:
Thank you for letting us know.
You are more than welcome. With the economy the way it is majority of people qualify that don't even realize they do. If this helps one person it was worth the time to post it.:)
lisa

United States

#4 Nov 5, 2008
have they started mailing out the appalacations yet? my mother gets leip and she said she hasnt got her app. yet.
work for a living

United States

#5 Nov 5, 2008
is't that for WELFARE people and Lazy people.....The state just keeps giving and giving
lurker

Porter, TX

#6 Nov 5, 2008
work for a living wrote:
is't that for WELFARE people and Lazy people.....The state just keeps giving and giving
I laughed at your reply because I agree but then I remembered my aunt. She is in her 70s. She is mostly deaf. She was widowed 4 years ago. She doesn't drive and she adopted her granddaughter many years ago. She desperately needs assistance from the state. So there are a few people out there that really need programs like this.
heartbroken

Pineville, WV

#7 Nov 5, 2008
work for a living wrote:
You should never speak against people who need help.There are a lot of elderly or disabled who aren't able to work.Some have worked longer than some or most of these people getting a WELFARE check has been alive.I hope I never have to apply but one never knows what might happen.If a person isn't able to work they shouldn't be put down.They say there will be a lot of people who will have great difficulty paying their heating bills.If it were someone in your family,would you rather than starve or freeze,or die because they can't afford their medication.If someone is able to work,then by all means they should.But still,a lot of jobs don't pay enough to exist on,so they too need help;especially in the winter.
Peoples Advocate

United States

#8 Nov 6, 2008
lisa wrote:
have they started mailing out the appalacations yet? my mother gets leip and she said she hasnt got her app. yet.
If she doesn't receive hers by the end of this week it would be wise to make a trip, or call DHHR just to be on the safe side. I know some people that have already received theirs in the mail.
Peoples Advocate

United States

#9 Nov 6, 2008
work for a living wrote:
Normally I over look posts like this thinking it's just a trouble maker; however, there are some that genuinely don't understand the heating assistance program, so I will explain. LOW INCOME people that might not quailfy for other "welfare" benefits DO quailify for help with winter heating bills. That is why I created this forum because low income people may not know the guidelines (posted above) and I think anyone that is having a hard time surviving (most Americans) should receive help if they qualify for it. I'm sure if you think about it you may know someone that it helps.:) God bless!
PHS Grad

AOL

#10 Nov 6, 2008
lisa wrote:
I received my form on Oct. 29 even though they didn't start accepting them til Nov. 1. I took mine in the office on Nov. 3 and got approval letter Nov. 6 for $223 (my income is $637). So I think they get processed a little faster if you take them in.
Joe

Northfork, WV

#11 Nov 7, 2008
They have mailed out the applications already. If you have not signed up before you have to go to the office. They will not be taking those apps. until Dec. 1.
Peoples Advocate

United States

#12 Nov 9, 2008
Joe wrote:
They have mailed out the applications already. If you have not signed up before you have to go to the office. They will not be taking those apps. until Dec. 1.
Thank you for posting this information. I know there will be a lot of people signing up this year that haven't previously needed the help with heating bills. God bless!

Since: May 08

Good Ole West Virginee!!

#13 Nov 9, 2008
work for a living wrote:
The LIEAP program isn't just for welfare or lazy people as you say, but for hard working low income families as well. Alot in WV don't make a coal miners wage, so that puts them in the LIEAP bracket to get assistance. I would much rather see our people get help here within the United States than it to be sent to another country, wouldn't you??

Since: May 08

Good Ole West Virginee!!

#14 Nov 9, 2008
Peoples Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
You are more than welcome. With the economy the way it is majority of people qualify that don't even realize they do. If this helps one person it was worth the time to post it.:)
I thought you taking your time to post this was very sweet of you. We need to do more of this and try to help our fellow neighbor if we can. I do not recieve this assistance, but I am glad that the state of WV provides this to families that need the help. I think we each and everyone know of some elderly person, or families that work hard but still do not get enough income through the month to pay their heating costs. Thank you very much for posting this!! God Bless!!
Peoples Advocate

United States

#15 Nov 9, 2008
I try to help anyone in any way I can when it comes to assistance. Thank you for the kind remarks. People don't really realize we are all one pay check away from the poor house, and we need to pull together - not apart. :)
PHS Grad

AOL

#16 Dec 19, 2008
Happy Holidays everyone!
Governor Announces Additional Funding For Low-Income Energy Assistance Program
12/8/2008

CHARLESTON, W.Va.– Gov. Joe Manchin has approved a Supplemental Regular Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) payment for West Virginia’s elderly, disabled and low-income families who received a Regular LIEAP payment for the current winter heating season.

Additional funding has allowed the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR) to provide the supplemental payment to eligible residents’ utility companies. Gov. Manchin approved this supplement as a measure to help offset rising heating costs.

“We are fortunate to have additional funding for this program, which will allow us to help the less-fortunate in our state with their heating bills,” Manchin said.“The recent cold snap makes us all realize the importance of energy assistance and the critical need that this program helps to meet.”

Each resident who applied for and received a Regular LIEAP payment this LIEAP season will receive an additional $200 Regular LIEAP Supplemental Payment to be applied to their home heating account. This payment is automatic.

Customers who received a Regular LIEAP payment will not have to apply for the supplemental payment. All payments are expected to be issued in mid to late - January 2009. If you received a Regular LIEAP payment for bulk fuel, such as wood, coal, liquid petroleum, fuel oil, etc., the payment will be sent to the address currently listed with DHHR.
PHS_grad

Arlington, VA

#17 Dec 19, 2008
I think there should be assistance also for people that make more money then the low income families, they need to look into what you make AFTER taxes and what your other bills are too......some families might make a lot but after taxes they don't.........
Donna

AOL

#18 Feb 18, 2009
Will this additional $200.00 be in the form of a check or a credit to our heating account?
Peoples Advocate

United States

#19 Feb 18, 2009
Donna wrote:
Will this additional $200.00 be in the form of a check or a credit to our heating account?
It will be just like the first payment; sent to the gas/electic company, or in some cases a voucher for coal/oil/wood. I thank God this is available this year and I hope this forum helped out others in need.
REALLY

Charleston, WV

#20 May 20, 2009
work for a living wrote:
e
You must be uneducated to make a comment like that how Stupid and Selfish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 2 hr _Zoey_ 8,843
any single good guys left ? 5 hr facts n truth 24
god loves you (Oct '14) 17 hr god bless 11
god loves you May 19 god loves you 3
Wyoming Grade School (Nov '08) May 17 See 16
4 wheeler wreck May 12 prayers 2
Pineville "Expansion" (Mar '10) May 9 bah humbug 31
More from around the web

Pineville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE