created by: PHS 91 Grad | Apr 13, 2009

Pineville, WV

70 votes

Favorite 1990's - 2000's country singer?

Click on an option to vote

• George Strait
  • Martina McBride
  • Sugarland
  • Carrie Underwood
  • Rascal Flatts
  • Reba McEntire
  • Garth Brooks
  • Brooks & Dunn
  • Tim McGraw
  • Other
Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated Apr 15, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MD Girl

Annapolis, MD

#1 Apr 14, 2009
You forgot my favorite.... Kenny Chesney!

“Bubbly”

Since: Oct 08

W.V.

#2 Apr 14, 2009
I can't believe you could forget to include... Keith Urban ...:0)...UMMMHMM!!! Although I like them all.

Since: Jan 09

Brenton, WV

#3 Apr 14, 2009
I know that Willie Nelson was before even the 90s but how could you leave him off of any country music list. These people are all pygmies compared to him.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#4 Apr 14, 2009
No Alan Jackson?
What is this world coming to?
Lol!

“Bubbly”

W.V.

#5 Apr 14, 2009
Lesson Learned FL wrote:
I know that Willie Nelson was before even the 90s but how could you leave him off of any country music list. These people are all pygmies compared to him.
Hey V. I agree...I can remember going over to the armory in Beckley with my Mom years ago when country was just getting up and going. I was small but I remember seeing such icons like Johnny Cash, George Jones, Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn, just to name a few, my mother loved it and all of us kids got to go to the carnival...:0)... How many of you all remember that? BTW, lets not forget Mel street...Borrowed angel...one of W.V.'s own, we still have my mothers old 45 with his signature on it. Sorry to get a little off subject but those ppl were the heart and soul of Country Music...I know I didn't list a lot but there was definately a lot of them that use to come the Beckley. Anyway the list isn't too bad but I can't believe you'd forget Brad Paisley, especially since he was from Cross Lanes as is Cathy Mattea.

“Bubbly”

W.V.

#6 Apr 14, 2009
Lesson Learned FL wrote:
Sorry LL, I meant to type LL but V. must be thinking about me...:0)...sorry.

Location hidden

#7 Apr 14, 2009
BubbleShot wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey V. I agree...I can remember going over to the armory in Beckley with my Mom years ago when country was just getting up and going. I was small but I remember seeing such icons like Johnny Cash, George Jones, Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn, just to name a few, my mother loved it and all of us kids got to go to the carnival...:0)... How many of you all remember that? BTW, lets not forget Mel street...Borrowed angel...one of W.V.'s own, we still have my mothers old 45 with his signature on it. Sorry to get a little off subject but those ppl were the heart and soul of Country Music...I know I didn't list a lot but there was definately a lot of them that use to come the Beckley. Anyway the list isn't too bad but I can't believe you'd forget Brad Paisley, especially since he was from Cross Lanes as is Cathy Mattea.
Good list!
I remember them all. You all have to mention Dolly!
But I have to say...I am a rock-n-roller, I love southern rock!
But not to get too far away from the actual question...I liked the Dixie Chicks. Not too much on the last couple of albums but I thought the first ones were great!

Location hidden

#8 Apr 14, 2009
BubbleShot wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry LL, I meant to type LL but V. must be thinking about me...:0)...sorry.
You are right, I was!Lol! I gmailed you, just before coming in here.

“ Wishin I was on the beach!”

Since: Sep 08

Some beach, somewhere....

#9 Apr 14, 2009
BubbleShot wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey girl, I'm with you on some of the older ones too. I saw Conway Twitty and he was great. When I was little we saw Johnny Cash and he was in his "not so good" chapter of his life. He took his shoes off on stage and when he grabbed the mic he got knocked on his BUTT! I've always liked Merle Haggard, George Jones and Loretta Lynn too. These days I go for Brad Paisley, Keith Urban Travis Tritt and especially Kenny Chesney (my favorite)!

“Bubbly”

W.V.

#10 Apr 14, 2009
vanished wrote:
<quoted text> Good list!
But not to get too far away from the actual question...I liked the Dixie Chicks. Not too much on the last couple of albums but I thought the first ones were great!
Your right, how could any forget Dolly of all People and I absolutely love Allen Jackson...:0)...Personally I like a little of everything, I would love to go and see Fleetwood Mac down in Greensboro at the end of April. I like southern rock too...:0)...

“Bubbly”

W.V.

#11 Apr 14, 2009
vanished wrote:
<quoted text> You are right, I was!Lol! I gmailed you, just before coming in here.
...:0)...lol

Brenton, WV

#12 Apr 14, 2009
vanished wrote:
<quoted text> Good list!
I like the Dixie Chicks too. But Willie will always be my favorite....I have one of his guitar picks!!

#13 Apr 14, 2009
vanished wrote:
<quoted text> Good list!
I'm with you too V. I always liked Skynrd, Marshall Tucker Band, 38 Special and The Eagles (I think they qualify). I think that is why I like Travis Tritt so much, some of his music reminds me of the 70's Southern Rock. And you can't forget Hank Jr. and the Kentucky Headhunters.

Brenton, WV

#14 Apr 14, 2009
BubbleShot wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw Willie Nelson in Charleston years ago and Emmy Lou Harris opened for him. What a night. They have always been my favorites.

#15 Apr 14, 2009
Lesson Learned FL wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the Dixie Chicks too. But Willie will always be my favorite....I have one of his guitar picks!!
I liked Willie with Waylon. I saw them once and Waylon was real good, Willie was definitely under the influence of something...LOL. Made the concert interesting. I like the Chicks too and I always liked to hear Charlie Pride sing.

#16 Apr 14, 2009
But I must admit.... I sure do like George Strait. His music is timeless and his voice is so smooth. Oh, did I mention he sure is easy on the eyes too, he has aged very well, like a fine wine LOL

Brenton, WV

#17 Apr 14, 2009
MD Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey girl, I'm with you on some of the older ones too. I saw Conway Twitty and he was great. When I was little we saw Johnny Cash and he was in his "not so good" chapter of his life. He took his shoes off on stage and when he grabbed the mic he got knocked on his BUTT! I've always liked Merle Haggard, George Jones and Loretta Lynn too. These days I go for Brad Paisley, Keith Urban Travis Tritt and especially Kenny Chesney (my favorite)!
Your recollection of Johnny Cash sounds like it could have come straight out of "Walk the Line"...a great movie! I have never warmed up to Kenny Chesney because I keep wondering what he would look like without his hat. I know he is bald. I think Renee Zellwegger probably broke up with him when he took off his hat....:)

#18 Apr 14, 2009
Lesson Learned FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Your recollection of Johnny Cash sounds like it could have come straight out of "Walk the Line"...a great movie! I have never warmed up to Kenny Chesney because I keep wondering what he would look like without his hat. I know he is bald. I think Renee Zellwegger probably broke up with him when he took off his hat....:)
Oh, he definitely has to keep the hat on...LOL. I just like his laid back island music. We went to St.John last year, he has a house there. We went on a mission to try and find him... we went into a little dive that had a lot of pictures of him on the wall. The waitress told us we missed him by a week, Oh well, we tried.

“Bubbly”

W.V.

#19 Apr 15, 2009
Lesson Learned FL wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw Willie Nelson in Charleston years ago and Emmy Lou Harris opened for him. What a night. They have always been my favorites.
I think that's awesome you have one of the greats guitar pick...:0)...I've always liked Willie and Emmy Lou has always been one of my favorites to, I think she has aged well and she sure makes gray look good. I forgot to say that we use to go and see Conway Tweety and Tweety birds way back when in Beckley too, all the up and comings use to make Beckley a regular stop. I love the memories cause it was a time when I can remember my mom really enjoying herself and she was so happy...:0)...

“Bubbly”

W.V.

#20 Apr 15, 2009
MD Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there, I remember all of them very well...:0)...I used to live in Kentucky for a while, we lived just about a mile from Butcher holler where Loretta Lynn grew up, believe me, nothings changed...:0)...the old building still standing where their family DR. was...:0)...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i luv doug 10 min he not worth your... 2
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 18 min fitness-guru 57,227
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 1 hr _Zoey_ 7,902
guy in red truck 6 hr wifee 20
Shawn Hollingsworth wow Wat a bad parent 15 hr Mr nice guy 1
Jerome Ferguson is a rat 15 hr knows it all 1
How was the Labor Day Concert on Sunday? 23 hr Thequestion 1
•••
•••
•••

Pineville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••