Fed up customers of Shentel.

Fed up customers of Shentel.

Posted in the Pineville Forum

wvu fan

Pineville, WV

#1 Jan 13, 2011
http://www.testmyisp.com/

Sick of getting SLOW internet speeds when your paying for better. Here's a good place to start. This is done by the FCC.
Why

Pineville, WV

#2 Jan 15, 2011
Why would I sign up for something here, when I can simply go to speedtest.net and do it without filling out anything.(no way am i letting the govment in my computer. lol)
Bee BEE

Bluefield, WV

#3 Jan 3, 2012
I swear everyday or night there is another set of channels that goes out or is too fuzzy to watch. Can't even watch the VT game on ESPN because it is too fuzzy and no audio. i swear if I don't get to watch WVU tomorrow night I will not pay my TV bill this month. You have been warned.
not my business

Hansford, WV

#4 Jan 4, 2012
Jet Broadband was bad, they are worse. It's the price we pay for living in the sticks. You can get satellite but if you are a gamer it is choppy.
Old School

Pineville, WV

#5 Jan 4, 2012
I guess it's time to call the Attorney General about this. He likes to go after companies. It gets him votes.
impatient

United States

#6 Jan 4, 2012
well we've been waiting for months for them to even come and hook us up... im tired of waiting!!
KBG

Pineville, WV

#7 Jan 5, 2012
Well, I finally got tired and discontinued my service.. I now have direct tv again and it's awesome!! and I pay less for more channels and services.. maybe you should check it out...
Old School

Pineville, WV

#8 Jan 5, 2012
Call the main office in Blacksburg Va,(i think). They are concerned with the people in Pineville. These people, who run service here, lie like hell to headquarters. The work orders always say it's the customers fault. They are contractors who need to look good. Call the main office !!!!!! I did, and talk to Michael.
really bad

Ona, WV

#9 Jan 7, 2012
they have sex offenders working for them thats a fact or should I say they did have, he left their and went to work for a atty in oceana, but that is why we droped them, that is nasty. wonder if the home office knows that or if they even care,so I guess when some child gets hurt it will be the childs falt, I wish they would leave town for good. no t.v. would be better than this..headquarters can not be that dum.
Old School

Oceana, WV

#10 Jan 10, 2012
They only know what's on their paperwork. These people bullshit "corporate" all the time. They can't get anybody to move to this shithole to live and oversee what actually goes on.
Incognito

Ona, WV

#11 Jan 11, 2012
Old School wrote:
They only know what's on their paperwork. These people bullshit "corporate" all the time. They can't get anybody to move to this shithole to live and oversee what actually goes on.
I am sure that if they really wanted to, they could find someone who does live in this "shithole", who does care about people having good service, and i more than qualified to oversee what is going on with their service. Its not that complicated for someone at the home officer to follow-up on service calls, or reported complaints. The problem is, it is not cheap.

I will add that Shentel, is not the only crappy provider we have in the area. AEP, Frontier, and many of the subcontractors for Dish Network, and Directv, are just as bad, if not worse.
Pops

Warriormine, WV

#12 Jan 14, 2012
Incognito wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure that if they really wanted to, they could find someone who does live in this "shithole", who does care about people having good service, and i more than qualified to oversee what is going on with their service. Its not that complicated for someone at the home officer to follow-up on service calls, or reported complaints. The problem is, it is not cheap.
I will add that Shentel, is not the only crappy provider we have in the area. AEP, Frontier, and many of the subcontractors for Dish Network, and Directv, are just as bad, if not worse.
I agree, agree, agree.
Old School

Warriormine, WV

#13 Jan 15, 2012
Incognito wrote:
<quoted text>
Then, what are we supposed to do? Got any suggestions or phone numbers that we can call and complain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cooterdog's hang out (Aug '12) 44 min Pimpdaddy 32,476
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 2 hr ohyea 89,523
Who was first to get caught for drugs in Oceana 3 hr Luke 1
Rumor? 3 hr What 20
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 7 hr luci 9,953
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 12 hr Bug 1,292
Single 51 yr old man seeking friendship witha s... (Oct '13) Mon Southern girl 44
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pineville Mortgages