heard jerry hill supposedly killed an...

heard jerry hill supposedly killed another state record buck

Posted in the Pineville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
heard

United States

#1 Dec 8, 2010
is it true jerry shot another state record buck?

Since: Oct 10

Pineville WV

#2 Dec 9, 2010
If you hear anything else about it let us know.
HaHa

Pineville, WV

#3 Dec 9, 2010
Yea he shot it alright, POACHED is more like it..LOL
heard

Oceana, WV

#4 Dec 9, 2010
what did he kill and when i can tell u all the true story about the 96 record he FOUND later

Pineville WV

#5 Dec 9, 2010
you mean the 86 Record? What do you mean he found later? Please tell I am interested in hearing.
iknowiknow

Buffalo, WV

#6 Dec 9, 2010
BigJack wrote:
you mean the 86 Record? What do you mean he found later? Please tell I am interested in hearing.
I know who really shot this dear, with a shotgun,off a 4 wheeler. However it can not b proven n he knows it.SO BE IT
PopeYoung12

United States

#7 Dec 9, 2010
Yea I like know why people cand hunt to right way by scounting climbing the mtns and waiting for the deer to walk by. Poaching isn't huntinng its just people I won't even say hunters that ride the roads with 22 mags. The reward of it all is killing a record buck the way the law says. Its a sport and that's not a sport. U don't ride up down football field in truck running over the defense to win to you? No!
heard

United States

#8 Dec 9, 2010
first i need to know if he really killed one this yr and if so how big and when r there any pics or proof
HaHa

Pineville, WV

#9 Dec 9, 2010
PopeYoung12 wrote:
Yea I like know why people cand hunt to right way by scounting climbing the mtns and waiting for the deer to walk by. Poaching isn't huntinng its just people I won't even say hunters that ride the roads with 22 mags. The reward of it all is killing a record buck the way the law says. Its a sport and that's not a sport. U don't ride up down football field in truck running over the defense to win to you? No!
Amen and I agree! If a man/woman is to damn lazy to do it the right way, then why do they even bother??? It's getting to the point that if a person doesn't have alot of damn money, then they aren't going to even be able to hunt!!

Pineville WV

#10 Dec 10, 2010
I read on another site there was one taken in Wyoming Co. that is 180 or more inches typical which will be a new state record, but didn't say Jerry Hill took it. Anyway why does everyone jump on the "he poached it" bandwagon. You know some people DO hunt the right way and ethically so WTF is everyone's problem?? Jealousy?
heard

Oceana, WV

#11 Dec 10, 2010
yea, jealousy plays a huge part of it but when u know what someone did or has done several times u have to question it every time
PopeYoung12

United States

#12 Dec 10, 2010
No I'm not jealious. If you read my former post I congratulated the man as long as he killed it with a bow. I have my own place to hunt and have hunted it for exacly 12 years this year. Long as it fair chase then more powr to the man. That's what were all out for and it got it. Though I did tag out yesterday with a buck I green scored 149. Good luck hunters. I had a great 4 days this past week wish I could stay longer. I'd like to get know few of you guys on here that seem to be good people and good hunters. Good luck to ya bigjack!
1 post removed
PopeYoung12

United States

#14 Dec 10, 2010
BigJack wrote:
I read on another site there was one taken in Wyoming Co. that is 180 or more inches typical which will be a new state record, but didn't say Jerry Hill took it. Anyway why does everyone jump on the "he poached it" bandwagon. You know some people DO hunt the right way and ethically so WTF is everyone's problem?? Jealousy?
that's the truth! People can't stand some one else killed a big buck and they didn't. Either bc they are riding the roads hunting or laying on couch. Congrats to who ever got a 180 class. Good post bigjack!
popeyoung12

United States

#15 Dec 10, 2010
heard wrote:
first i need to know if he really killed one this yr and if so how big and when r there any pics or proof
friend I've killed a 149 this year and a 154 last year. And I went on a trip to iowa on my in laws land and killed one made boone crocett record book. I wish you the best of luck getting a good buck. Wva has them u just got to get out scout year round. I'm not saying you domnt. Good luck
thestory

Oceana, WV

#16 Dec 13, 2010
here is the real story of that deer: it was killed on the farm below jerry's house. david dishmon shot that deer at 15 yrds while it was breeding a doe. it ran and got stuck in a fence so he thought it would just die there but it got loose and staggered up the hill a little ways and he shot it again through the behind. it ran off so he went out to get a buddy to help track it and saw jerry and told him he shot that buck on the magazine and left. they tracked the deer until they knew where it went, across the road to a man's yard that wouldn't let them step foot on the property no matter what, but jerry was allowed. a few days later marvin phillips called dave and told him he saw his buck go down the holler in the back of jerry's truck under a tarp. dave to this day, 24yrs later still gets very upset when he's asked about that deer, so dave killed the deer but just wasn't able to go get it. so whats a man to do? that wasn't the only time this has happened on that farm either with him finding a deer and keeping it
creeper

Cyclone, WV

#17 Dec 13, 2010
yeah i have heard that same story from other ppl in the area. i wouldnt doubt if this isnt the truth. if it is jerry u should be ashamed to do someone like that and take credit for something u didnt even kill.all i can say is you need to think about it
hoytman37

Cyclone, WV

#18 Dec 13, 2010
Yes i know the story. I have family that used to own a museum in Hinton. They knew the whole story the day that Jerry checked the deer in. Some of his famyly told the real story and was upset for him to do such a thing. so Mr.Dishmon congradulations on the 1986 212 1/8 buck. Its a beauty!
iknowiknow

Buffalo, WV

#19 Dec 13, 2010
The dear was crippled and jerry finished it off wth a shotgun. So sad that all this b.s. surrounds such a magnificant animal.

Pineville WV

#20 Dec 14, 2010
WV Dnr didn't investigate this?
popeyoung12

United States

#21 Dec 14, 2010
Was is crippled bc it was shot by another hunter and the hunter was waitingb to retrieve the deer or was it injured another reason? If it been hit by car or something then he shld have finished it off, BUT, not get credit for the harvest or in the record booksm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 11 min luci 11,311
Drop a word, Add a word (Dec '10) 13 min luci 6,122
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 17 min Dalai Lama 101,428
Wicca Is Witchcraft (Mar '11) 1 hr Eternal truth 41,642
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 1 hr Princess Hey 7,046
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 3 hr TheTruthAlways2 4,168
The Welch Hangout (Jan '13) 6 hr GodSmacked 40,107

Pineville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pineville Mortgages