First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MJD

Oceana, WV

#1 May 31, 2011
I was out this evening taking a walk up toward Calfees. As I was just getting ready to approach Fas-Chek I could here people cursing and arguing, as I approached up the sidewalk I turned and looked by the fas-chek pay phone and there was 2 guys and a girl there sharing a needle. And they just smiled at me as if they was doing nothing wrong. Then I be damn if I did'nt cross the road to get away from those dope heads and there was a drug deal in the damn bank parking lot. This town has went to crap. Not safe to be out walking after dark.
2 posts removed
In the Know

Fayetteville, WV

#4 Jun 1, 2011
MJD wrote:
I was out this evening taking a walk up toward Calfees. As I was just getting ready to approach Fas-Chek I could here people cursing and arguing, as I approached up the sidewalk I turned and looked by the fas-chek pay phone and there was 2 guys and a girl there sharing a needle. And they just smiled at me as if they was doing nothing wrong. Then I be damn if I did'nt cross the road to get away from those dope heads and there was a drug deal in the damn bank parking lot. This town has went to crap. Not safe to be out walking after dark.
And what are decent people supposed to do anymore but go home and keep their doors locked, hoping that the druggies don't want your hard-earned stuff to sell for their habit. And where are the police? Why, they're looking for you driving over the speed limit. Go figure!
numb_nuts

Welch, WV

#5 Jun 2, 2011
i think part of this problem is..anybody can be a cop now days. i mean the cities are what teenagers, and the counties are just a tad bit older, but what do you expect our sheriff said, "there is no drug problem in wyoming co. all we have is just a few people selling their pills". now really isn't that what a drug problem is? i mean how stupid does the sheriff think we are? hopefully with any luck they will all O.D.,and we will get our town back we sure can not count on the law helping us now, its to far gone the key rockers have taken over.
Ummmm duh

Pineville, WV

#6 Jun 2, 2011
Everywhere you go someone is hooked on drugs. We can't prevent this from happening. All I can say is that none of us will get hooked on it.

“"CLICK...GOT YOU ! " ”

Since: Sep 08

Any Town Southern WV

#7 Jun 2, 2011
numb_nuts wrote:
i think part of this problem is..anybody can be a cop now days. i mean the cities are what teenagers, and the counties are just a tad bit older, but what do you expect our sheriff said, "there is no drug problem in wyoming co. all we have is just a few people selling their pills". now really isn't that what a drug problem is? i mean how stupid does the sheriff think we are? hopefully with any luck they will all O.D.,and we will get our town back we sure can not count on the law helping us now, its to far gone the key rockers have taken over.
When, were and to whom did the sheriff make that statement?
numb_nuts

Welch, WV

#8 Jun 3, 2011
last year it was on the news in a innerview he was doing about drugs..i think it was just after a small drug bust....on fox news.

“"CLICK...GOT YOU ! " ”

Since: Sep 08

Any Town Southern WV

#9 Jun 7, 2011
UPDATE!! seems the times are a-changing. I would dare to say a lot of drug dealers are becoming bit nervous now days. The Register-Herald, Beckley, West Virginia
June 7, 2011
Police arrest several people during drug raid in Wyoming

By Mary Catherine Brooks
Wyoming County Bureau Chief



West Virginia State Police arrested several people Friday in connection with illegal drug activity in Wyoming County.

Two search warrants were executed simultaneously, in conjunction with the Wyoming County Sheriff’s Department, Friday night following several months of investigation, according to officials.

Officers seized a large quantity of prescription drugs and drug paraphernalia,$3,000 in cash, and a Chevrolet Silverado pick-up.

“The real story is this is a community story,” explained State Police First Sgt. V.S. Deeds.

“The West Virginia State Police, the Wyoming County Sheriff’s Department and the Wyoming County Prosecuting Attorney’s office have been working diligently with local civic and church groups, state and federal legislators, and the Department of Health and Human Resources to address the drug abuse issues in Wyoming County.

“If people are aware of anything (illegal), they need to make us aware of it,” Deeds said.“If there are kids involved, they need to contact the state Department of Health and Human Resources.”

Deeds said officers will not talk about ongoing investigations, but they take every report seriously.

Those arrested included the following:

- Carl Justice Jr., 60, of Kopperston

- Robert Lusk II, 28, of Oceana

- Pauline Turbin, 33, of Lynco

- Angel Reed, 26, of Kopperston

- Charlene Justice, 31, of Oceana

- Zebb Justice, 35, of Oceana

- Amy Lusk, 26, of Oceana

More arrests are expected.

“We still have pending warrants,” added State Police Sgt. R.A. Maddy, who is now the detachment commander in Jesse.

“These people are transients,” he said, adding they move from house to house.

“We don’t want to jeopardize ongoing investigations by giving out too much information,” he said.

“We know this won’t solve the drug problem,” emphasized Sheriff Randall Aliff,“but it will help.”

— E-mail: mcbrooks@register-herald.com
gayboy

Welch, WV

#10 Jun 7, 2011
Is that man who lives beside the trade school a Homosexual ? He use to be a deputy sheriff and a conservation officer.
Gus

Charleston, WV

#11 Jun 8, 2011
Photo Bug wrote:
UPDATE!! seems the times are a-changing. I would dare to say a lot of drug dealers are becoming bit nervous now days. The Register-Herald, Beckley, West Virginia
June 7, 2011
Police arrest several people during drug raid in Wyoming
By Mary Catherine Brooks
Wyoming County Bureau Chief

West Virginia State Police arrested several people Friday in connection with illegal drug activity in Wyoming County.
Two search warrants were executed simultaneously, in conjunction with the Wyoming County Sheriff’s Department, Friday night following several months of investigation, according to officials.
Officers seized a large quantity of prescription drugs and drug paraphernalia,$3,000 in cash, and a Chevrolet Silverado pick-up.
“The real story is this is a community story,” explained State Police First Sgt. V.S. Deeds.
“The West Virginia State Police, the Wyoming County Sheriff’s Department and the Wyoming County Prosecuting Attorney’s office have been working diligently with local civic and church groups, state and federal legislators, and the Department of Health and Human Resources to address the drug abuse issues in Wyoming County.
“If people are aware of anything (illegal), they need to make us aware of it,” Deeds said.“If there are kids involved, they need to contact the state Department of Health and Human Resources.”
Deeds said officers will not talk about ongoing investigations, but they take every report seriously.
Those arrested included the following:
- Carl Justice Jr., 60, of Kopperston
- Robert Lusk II, 28, of Oceana
- Pauline Turbin, 33, of Lynco
- Angel Reed, 26, of Kopperston
- Charlene Justice, 31, of Oceana
- Zebb Justice, 35, of Oceana
- Amy Lusk, 26, of Oceana
More arrests are expected.
“We still have pending warrants,” added State Police Sgt. R.A. Maddy, who is now the detachment commander in Jesse.
“These people are transients,” he said, adding they move from house to house.
“We don’t want to jeopardize ongoing investigations by giving out too much information,” he said.
“We know this won’t solve the drug problem,” emphasized Sheriff Randall Aliff,“but it will help.”
— E-mail: mcbrooks@register-herald.com
COULD it possibly be because of the "publicity" associated with shining the light on Oceana's problems?:)....I for one am happy their getting off of their behinds and starting to do something...Too bad, they always seem to need a "push" from the press, huh?
Chain reaction... the press reports something and all of a sudden the politicians are convening "summits" and meetings to find "facts" concerning a problem, like they had NO clue a problem exists in the first place.

“"CLICK...GOT YOU ! " ”

Since: Sep 08

Any Town Southern WV

#12 Jun 8, 2011
Gus wrote:
<quoted text> COULD it possibly be because of the "publicity" associated with shining the light on Oceana's problems?:)....I for one am happy their getting off of their behinds and starting to do something...Too bad, they always seem to need a "push" from the press, huh?
Chain reaction... the press reports something and all of a sudden the politicians are convening "summits" and meetings to find "facts" concerning a problem, like they had NO clue a problem exists in the first place.
I have to agree, press news (negative for the politician) and given the chance to stand in the spot light looking good brings reactions.

!!!!! Also I think the public has finally started to voice their concerns to our representatives which should not be overlooked. Our voting public should never let up because of promises and continue to pressure the politicians. If they don't get the right results vote in someone who will!!!!

cracker

Beckley, WV

#13 Jun 8, 2011
It makes me angry that Oceana complained, and they should have, and all of a sudden there are drug busts happening over there. They even got rid of their mayor supposedly because of all the drug problems. What about Pineville??? We complain, tell the cops where, when and what and they still don't show up and our mayor is never heard from on all of this. Speedway has deals going down around the pumps in the parking lot, leaving Pineville toward Baileysville are addicts standing beside the road and you almost hit them as they stagger toward you, Rolling Hills has dealers living on one side and takers living on the other side, Bowmans Bottom has to many to count and not to mention our child molesters in the area and yet we are drowning in this problem. It is a shame that more people don't step up and demand, as they did in Oceana, something be done. Oh and don't forget that big publicity stunt about collecting all the drugs by our cops...well that was a joke. Druggies are not going to turn in their drugs yet our cops and politicians got air time and newspaper write up on how it was helping the community. Wake up Pineville before we become the new Welch.
Gus

Charleston, WV

#14 Jun 8, 2011
cracker wrote:
It makes me angry that Oceana complained, and they should have, and all of a sudden there are drug busts happening over there. They even got rid of their mayor supposedly because of all the drug problems. What about Pineville??? We complain, tell the cops where, when and what and they still don't show up and our mayor is never heard from on all of this. Speedway has deals going down around the pumps in the parking lot, leaving Pineville toward Baileysville are addicts standing beside the road and you almost hit them as they stagger toward you, Rolling Hills has dealers living on one side and takers living on the other side, Bowmans Bottom has to many to count and not to mention our child molesters in the area and yet we are drowning in this problem. It is a shame that more people don't step up and demand, as they did in Oceana, something be done. Oh and don't forget that big publicity stunt about collecting all the drugs by our cops...well that was a joke. Druggies are not going to turn in their drugs yet our cops and politicians got air time and newspaper write up on how it was helping the community. Wake up Pineville before we become the new Welch.
Yep.. a bunch of this activity is indeed going on in Pineville...Appears we're not stepping over enough of them yet to get the scrutiny Oceana is getting.....As for the "stepping over them" goes, I'm sure we will catch up soon.
Wyoming County Citizen

Brenton, WV

#15 Jun 8, 2011
All you topix people have nothing else to do except sit on your asses and talk shit about anybody and everyone. Why don't you get off your computers long enough to assist in this tragedy of DRUGS in our county,towns and communities. NO, that is too hard for you to do. Simple solution--Let's all get involved and help our communities, towns, and county instead of criticing the system. You people are nothing buy a pathetic bunch of shits and don't want to help. I challenge each and every one of you to step forward and assist in this situation. If not, then you are with the druggies!!!!! i have said my peace.
Info

Charleston, WV

#16 Jun 8, 2011
cracker wrote:
It makes me angry that Oceana complained, and they should have, and all of a sudden there are drug busts happening over there. They even got rid of their mayor supposedly because of all the drug problems. What about Pineville??? We complain, tell the cops where, when and what and they still don't show up and our mayor is never heard from on all of this. Speedway has deals going down around the pumps in the parking lot, leaving Pineville toward Baileysville are addicts standing beside the road and you almost hit them as they stagger toward you, Rolling Hills has dealers living on one side and takers living on the other side, Bowmans Bottom has to many to count and not to mention our child molesters in the area and yet we are drowning in this problem. It is a shame that more people don't step up and demand, as they did in Oceana, something be done. Oh and don't forget that big publicity stunt about collecting all the drugs by our cops...well that was a joke. Druggies are not going to turn in their drugs yet our cops and politicians got air time and newspaper write up on how it was helping the community. Wake up Pineville before we become the new Welch.
Every place you metioned in your post is outside the city limits of Pineville, and neither our police or mayor have any jurisdiction there. As for the mayor, they do not have any authority to police. Plus, Oceana's mayor was removed from office because a survey deemed her residence outside the city limits. I don't mind listening to people legitimately complain about things, however, I hate when people complain about things and are not educated enough on the topic they are discussing.
cracker

Beckley, WV

#17 Jun 9, 2011
I'm sorry Info that you did not take the time to read my post correctly. The only area mentioned outside city limits is Rolling Hills. The sheriff dept is the dept that responds through 911 when they are called to all the areas I mentioned in my post, I did not say the city police. The city police would only respoind to the town of Pineville. The mayor is over Pineville as the mayor in Oceana was over Oceana and people were infuriated that she did nothing for the drug issue over there and that was why Pineville mayor was brought up. The mayor in Oceana was removed for several reasons supposedly, one of which was her residence that she has had since she ran. Calling and complaining, talking to cops, trying to secure your homes, that is taking part in dealing with the situation. The majority of the "high ups" with an exception of one or two that have been elected are not concerned with the drug issue because they do not live around it. The majority of the posts on this subject, people have indicated they have complained or tried to get involved but that gets us citizens nowhere.
Gus

Charleston, WV

#18 Jun 10, 2011
cracker wrote:
I'm sorry Info that you did not take the time to read my post correctly. The only area mentioned outside city limits is Rolling Hills. The sheriff dept is the dept that responds through 911 when they are called to all the areas I mentioned in my post, I did not say the city police. The city police would only respoind to the town of Pineville. The mayor is over Pineville as the mayor in Oceana was over Oceana and people were infuriated that she did nothing for the drug issue over there and that was why Pineville mayor was brought up. The mayor in Oceana was removed for several reasons supposedly, one of which was her residence that she has had since she ran. Calling and complaining, talking to cops, trying to secure your homes, that is taking part in dealing with the situation. The majority of the "high ups" with an exception of one or two that have been elected are not concerned with the drug issue because they do not live around it. The majority of the posts on this subject, people have indicated they have complained or tried to get involved but that gets us citizens nowhere.
The majority of the "higer ups" do live around it in my opinion.....They are NEVER home long enough to look across the street or road.. Too busy "politickin" and getting their names and pictures in the paper to worry about it....Obviously, it's a full time job campaigning....We can see that quite well on the NATIONAL level also:)
Mrs police officer

Pineville, WV

#19 Jun 10, 2011
you guys are a joke.. you have know idea whats being done to stop this problem... you all are so nosey that if you don't see it you don't think anything is being done because all you want is a show. And as far as the cops be "teenagers" as you say all the older ones that have been there for years started at the same age. And let me ask you ... would you rather have and old out of shape cop trying to chase or fight off the person the is attacking youjoust because he is over 30 .. or some one who is young and keeping in shape . And incase you did not know they don't let"just anybody be a cop" even before they go to the academy thay have many tests and interview processes, and voteing by council before they even think about letting them on the force. But its like we say ... you will trash them and hate until it time YOU need them, then i guess they are not so bad.
your the joke

Oceana, WV

#20 Jun 10, 2011
I wish you would have posted your name. the Whit@ cop can't keep his nose out of the morgan's girl a$$ long enough to do anyting! Some of the older ones are just lazy. the young ones are pretty good. Aliff tries real hard.
Its all a fact and everybody knows this, and you people think we don't!
mrs police officer

Charleston, WV

#21 Jun 10, 2011
and just what would you do with my name if you had it... nothing. If anyone of you think you can do better PLEASE go to the academy and pass it.Then you can do the job you think they are not doing to your standard.
just so you know

Princeton, WV

#22 Jun 11, 2011
You people keep complaining about all that is going on, but what you don't understand is, just because you make the complaint doesn't mean they can just go out and arrest the dealers. It takes months of investigating to be able to make an arrest. The reason it takes that long, is because the more they get on the person, the stronger the case they have against them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
robbed, bitten like a freaking zimbie 1 hr a friend 2
New Business 1 hr Yup 6
BOE, Faculty,and all Employees>>>are wonderful ... (Feb '08) 1 hr hairstylist23 10
accident 2 hr blocked road 2
friends beauty salon 3 hr Lou 2
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 3 hr Mark mark 3,170
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) Thu _Zoey_ 8,783
More from around the web

Pineville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]