Spike in car break-ins in south Charl...

Spike in car break-ins in south Charlotte

There are 7 comments on the WCNC-TV Charlotte story from Jan 29, 2009, titled Spike in car break-ins in south Charlotte. In it, WCNC-TV Charlotte reports that:

The thieves smash car windows, and grab whatever valuables are inside. Neighbors wake up to broken glass and a police report.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCNC-TV Charlotte.

Zydeco

Cleveland, OH

#1 Jan 30, 2009
As a board member of our HOA and member of our safety committee, we constantly are reminding the people of our community not to leave valuables in the car.

We had an incident on our street last year. One of the "suspects" was on foot and the other was in a van. The walker was looking inside of parked vehicles and testing the doors. My wife saw him open the door to a neighbor's car and take something. She came in and called 911, but, since all she had was a vague description of the vehicle, the police were unable to do anything.
Shoot to kill

Clemmons, NC

#2 Feb 14, 2010
If you spot a car robber thief shoot him on the spot.
Life Coach

AOL

#3 Feb 14, 2010
Zydeco wrote:
As a board member of our HOA and member of our safety committee, we constantly are reminding the people of our community not to leave valuables in the car.
We had an incident on our street last year. One of the "suspects" was on foot and the other was in a van. The walker was looking inside of parked vehicles and testing the doors. My wife saw him open the door to a neighbor's car and take something. She came in and called 911, but, since all she had was a vague description of the vehicle, the police were unable to do anything.
Back in the mid 70's, the song "Convoy" made CB radios popular and larcenies from cars spiked because people were stealing CB's. After enough people were victimized, they smartened up and put their CB's in the trunk when they werent using them

In 2010, GPS units are popular. People will smarten up eventually and take the time to lock up their GPS toys
Life Coach

AOL

#4 Feb 14, 2010
Shoot to kill wrote:
If you spot a car robber thief shoot him on the spot.
Sure, that makes sense...Shoot somebody for stealing a $150 GPS unit because the owner was too stupid to lock it in his trunk. Stealing a $150 item to buy some pot is always a good reason to execute someone- That is the American way
cabarrusdotcom

York, SC

#5 Feb 17, 2010
Life Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, that makes sense...Shoot somebody for stealing a $150 GPS unit because the owner was too stupid to lock it in his trunk. Stealing a $150 item to buy some pot is always a good reason to execute someone- That is the American way
WOW! We agree!
alan hartley

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Jun 1, 2011
Once you have gained access to the interior of a vehicle, in 90% of cars, all you have to do is pull a lever, or push a button to gain access to the trunk. Get an alarm, with shock sensor. Usualy $200 or less installed. Once the thief hits the window to break in, the alarm goes off. they are less likely to stick around and look for valuables with the siren going off.

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#7 Jun 2, 2011
This has been going on in my community and it turns out it was my neighbor's child. He is in the Union County lockup now and had to drop out of NC State. Great kid who has made a terrible decision. Too bad that he has thrown his life away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) 14 hr slowpoks boy 4,881
News Heroin problem spreading in Charlotte (Apr '13) Sat mooksmom 18
News Charlotte, N.C., mayor Patrick Cannon arrested ... (Mar '14) Sat mooksmom 15
Pain relief Sat jaygee 6
Extended stay america May 27 Oh really 2
Transexual toilets are great! May 27 Oh really 7
Where is Brigida Mack (Apr '09) May 25 Pooh Tang 43
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pineville Mortgages