Who do you support for Sheriff in North Carolina (Lincoln County) in 2010?

Posted in the Pineville Forum

Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Nov 4, 2010

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2010

Voted For David Carpenter

He's the better choice. A stand up guy.
silverado

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2010

Voted For David Carpenter

we got 2 good men running this time. we will be better off whoever wins. but i think carpenter will communicate with the people better. (so the people will understand the system better.)
wishful thinking

Denver, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2010

Judged:

u REP.really blow me away,,,,can anyone tell me anything that a REP. has done thats good for us ?we had a REP. prez for 8 yrs(look what he did)a REP.county commish(self explanatory)and so many REP. sheriffs that its gotten silly,,,,,and yet u REP. still want us to vote you in on a(better choice)give me a break,REP. have forgotten us and thats going to show come nov.
wishful thinking

Denver, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2010

oh btw,,since u say carpenter is better at communicating,why not get him tell us why he has to live off us taxpayers with that cushy job,just waiting his(rep)time to run a dept.that he could not even tell the truth about,,i.e he was FIRED,,,,,lies and lying is why he will not win,we need a honest sheriff,not someone on a power trip,a vote for DC is a vote for the same power hungry folks thats put us in this mess,,,and sorry u will not get my vote i want real change
silverado

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2010

wishful thinking wrote:
u REP.really blow me away,,,,can anyone tell me anything that a REP. has done thats good for us ?we had a REP. prez for 8 yrs(look what he did)a REP.county commish(self explanatory)and so many REP. sheriffs that its gotten silly,,,,,and yet u REP. still want us to vote you in on a(better choice)give me a break,REP. have forgotten us and thats going to show come nov.

go ahead and talk like a Damnocrate, ya'll got obammy, see where it got you.a disgrace to the American people. but as i said, we got 2 good men running for sheriff this time. but i do plan on taking the trash out come nov.2. hope to see you there.
wishful thinking

Denver, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

Judged:

we got obammy?how stupid are you?there is only 1 president for every AMERICAN.you may not have voted for him but PRESIDENT OBAMMY as you like to refer to him is YOUR prez too..your just mad cuz with 8yrs with a REPUBLICAN prez all we got was 2 wars,hundreds of thousands killed or wounded and a economy going down the drain.Why not offer up sum real solutions instead of trying bash us over the head with more of the same BS that has put us where we are,,,so tell me oh wise one why oh why would i give my vote to any REPUBLICAN when they offer me NOTHING
wishful thinking

Denver, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

Blows my mind how ANYONE could think the way you do silverado if ANY President was a DISGRACE it would be bush hands down.NO PRESIDENT has hurt us more not just locally but as a nation than bush did,,how about accepting blame instead of trying to pass it on,Then maybe you would have leg and backbone to stand on instead of just being a bully party
Wishful WHAT

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2010

Could you please find another thread? This thread is about the Sheriff of LINCOLN COUNTY and not the President of the United States. Sorry, I know that's a very important issue but I'd really like to know about my local candidates and your venom is distracting. Come back in 2012....

I'm as yet undecided and typically vote Rep, but made the mistake of voting for a Dem in the last election for Sheriff. With the mess that the current Sheriff has made of the office, I'd really like to know more about the 2 men running in *this* election. Before you say it, you need only to look at his own party's refusal to vote him back in during the primary election as proof that faith in the current/former Sheriff is disappearing. I'm not here to debate him only to find out facts about the 2 candidates running for office.

Thank you, that is all.
repubvotingdemo

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

Voted For Terry Burgin

Just look and see which one has his own agenda. Remember Carpenter has already been fired from the LCSO one time. We don't need that again.
Wishful WHAT

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

You're right about the agendas and who has his own vs who's working for someone else. Just as I'd like to think I'd be right in not jumping to judge someone on his or her termination from employment without knowing all of the facts.

For instance:
* Does the termination have any bearing on the agenda for running the Sheriff's office now?
* How long ago was the termination?
* If it's such a serious infraction, what was the basis?

Thus far, I've seen more posts trying to reveal the skeletons in the REP condidate's closet by obvious Burgin supporters. While I find his support refreshing, I find his supportERS disgusting.

STILL Undecided but leaning toward a non-judgmental path....
wishful thinking

Denver, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Look you got me all wrong,I care only about my kids and grand kids,friends and neighbors well being,i have voted Rep. my whole adult life,it's just that i do not see ANY change from bottom feeders like Carpenter to big fish in Wash. offering me or mine ANYTHING Different than the same spew they been telling us,At least the Dem. are trying to create change.
wishful thinking

Denver, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

As for Carpenter being FIRED,you gotta use your owe judgment on that one but it seems awful strange he got a cushy job at P.O office while T.D a former REP who switched parties to run for Sheriff as a DEM turned the office of Sheriff into a funny farm and now we got D.C to the rescue?????I would rather have a Honest,Trustworthy Sheriff with High integrity and morals,Not a Taxpayers puppeteer thinking they can just use us and our vote to keep there piece of the Tax Dollar Pie and THAT is why im voting for TERRY BURGIN,,,,,,oh and lastly you wouldn't want a felon as Sheriff WHY would you want someone who was FIRED from Sheriffs office running it?just cuz he is a Rep.?Because he has Powerful friends?SHOW ME ANYTHING HE HAS TO OFFER ME OTHER THAN THE SAME OL THINGS WE DONE HAD B4,,,,,,,,,,WAKE UP PEOPLE
silverado

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

did you ever think he may have been fired because he was not corrupt like the one running the office back then. also you forgot about Burgin's sexual harassment thing that got covered up. WAKE UP FRIEND .
wishful thinking

Denver, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

now let's see first it was he wasn't FIRED then it was political then it's BP corrupt admin.Do you just pick any old reason and if it does not stick you come up with another or are you REALLY buying that?FYI Burgin is alot better person and cop than Carpenter ever was he retired from city pd with full honors can DC say that??ARE u sure ur not lcso employee who is afraid of real change?
silverado

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2010

have it as you wish friend,but wake up and be careful of the things you wish for.one thing is for sure, nothing is free,as Americans found out the last election. see you on nov.2
silverado

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2010

well , we took the trash out 2 days ago. now lincoln county and the U.S.A. is a better place to live and raise your family. next time we make obammy a one time president. see you at the polls in 2 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Pineville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Pineville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••