“Proud to be Yankee”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#1 Apr 3, 2012
Anybody got any stories of working for really stupid bosses?

[email protected]

Since: May 07

Lockport, NY

#2 Apr 3, 2012
OMG YES! I was employed (enslaved) by Blythe Construction at the Pineville Asphalt plant and you wouldn't believe the arrogance, incompetence and just plain stupidity of the middle and upper management. Talk about who's your buddy. Allen is worthless as a company division president and his go boy Steve, who didn't even finish high school is totally incompetent as plants manager. Gawd he is stupidThey actually fired some good friends over some problems and the problem wasn't them; the problem is Steve himself 'cause he doesn't do his own job. He fired the wrong people, including myself. I actually beat them in a labor hearing 'cause they, with all their senior management people from their club, made complete fools of themselves. All their different rules for different people actually embarrassed them lol. NOW I get a call from a friend and was told to look up Steve on facebook so I did, and I can't believe it; he came out of the closet & posted it on his F/B page. Oh well, I'm better off that he let me go so, so be it. The wrong people got fired & they know it. Talk about porch monkeys & porch monkey mentality!

“Proud to be Yankee”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#3 Apr 4, 2012
@ Gene Rey; Awesome! You mentioned "different rules for different people"; For about 6 month's, while waiting for another job to come thru, I worked at Stronghaven Containers on John St/Monroe Rd in Matthews. I got hired and was handed to a guy that had been there about 5 years to be trained, by him. About two month's in he had laid down his paystub & I glanced at it; his hourly rate was $3.00 an hour LESS than what I was getting! HE had been there about 5 years, NEVER missed work, was a good guy and worker, had a good attitude and TRAINED ME, but I was hired in at more money than he made.!?. The job I was waiting for came thru & I quit. On my last day, on my way out, I showed my pay stubs, and he wasn't just PISSED, I think it really hurt him. He thanked me & I left. Oh, by the way.....he was Mexican. NOW I suppose you hillbilly natives can somehow have a good explanation (in your minds) for this but, this is just wrong. THEN when an employee or former employee snaps, everybody wonders why. NC is a sad sad bunch of sadsacks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jonas Marcho Sexual Predator 6 min Justice 1
Loving black women 2 hr Fred Herbert 3
Where can I get boy in Charlotte/gastonia 7 hr Fred Herbert 3
American Idol Finalist coming to Troutman 16 hr Fred Herbert 2
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) Aug 26 tired of the hate 4,897
Where the boy at in Charlotte ? (Dec '15) Aug 25 Fred Herbert 46
Let's See Who's A REAL Charlottean! (Jan '08) Aug 24 Fred Herbert 94

Pineville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pineville Mortgages