Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Mr Crazy Man

Greer, SC

#60173 Aug 19, 2014
TSF wrote:
Low pay, high stress, dangerous and mostly dealing with people at their worse behavior.,
It would be easy to start to expect inappropriate behavior from everyone and to have a low opinion of humanity in general. When that starts to happen, they need another job. The public is their employer, not their servant. Their job is to arrest and charge . It is not to be judge or executioner. The personal cameras are great tools to assist in convictions and to allow others to see events from the officer's position. Still, if I screw up and waste someone illegally, I can still just destroy the thing.
<quoted text>
Red Square is correct unfortunately.
Most Grand Juries no bill police officers.
I know of one case in Houston, where the cop got fired, but he just went and got a job somewhere else.
Was in the eighties, I think.
Cop pulled over a black security guard.
Cop didn't like his attitude.
Called dispatch, said "can you find anything on this guy, please tell me you can".
Guy was clean.
Of course, being a security guard, the man had his gun in the front seat, in his holster.
Cop shot him ten times, the poor guy actually tried to climb out of the window to escape the hail of bullets.
Cop said he went for the gun.
Bull****!!!!
I wrote a letter to a gun magazine, telling them the real story, when they posted his insane account of the murder.
I hope somebody can pull up an account of this.
Was in the eighties, near the University of Houston..
This piece of garbage was given a job in some racist small town, where he was treated like a hero.
Mr Crazy Man

Greer, SC

#60174 Aug 19, 2014
St. Louis police shoot and kill a mentally ill person today.
He had a knife.
He wouldn't stop.
WTF?????
After years of killing mental patients, cops in Houston now are trained to use TASERS!!!!
Mr Crazy Man

Greer, SC

#60175 Aug 19, 2014
They found the USS Houston today.... at the bottom of the Java Sea... was sunk during the Battle of Sunda Strait.
My uncle was on that ship.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#60176 Aug 19, 2014
Mr Crazy Man wrote:
Jeez, now I'm hearing the cop has a broken orbital bone.
Too much info, who knows.
Victoria, they've been playing the video of the Travis County DA .
Not very flattering, in fact it's horrible.
They actually had to put her in restraints.
I've never seen anyone that drunk.
Victoria, we never agree much, but this lady should have resigned.
Have you seen the video?
It's disgraceful.
This is so OBVIOUSLY POLITICAL.
If we can't even agree that what she did should have cost her her job, I would be frankly shocked.
Because I know you're a fair person.
It has nothing to do with the drunk person you are focused on.

"But Lehmberg (the drunk person you are focused on) and other Travis County officials (Democrats in Austin) recused themselves from the case and are not prosecuting it."

Do you see that? SHE is not prosecuting this case. REPUBLICANS ARE:

"One year ago a Republican judge from Bexar County, Bert Richardson, appointed a special prosecutor, Michael McCrum, to handle the prosecution.

McCrum, a criminal defense attorney in San Antonio, is a former Dallas police officer who began his career as a federal prosecutor during the George H.W. Bush administration"

And it has nothing to do with Perry wanting her removed:

"No one disputes that Perry, a Republican, had the authority to use his line-item veto power, guaranteed by the Texas Constitution, to eliminate the $7.5 million in two-year state funding for the public integrity unit.[....]

The allegation is that Perry improperly combined the two — that he illegally tied his power over integrity unit funding to his demand that Lehmberg resign, essentially setting up a quid pro quo arrangement that crossed the line into an abuse of power.

Even after the veto, there were numerous reports that Perry's office continued to dangle a restoration of the state funding or a future job offer to Lehmberg if she would leave office. Sources said Lehmberg rejected the deal because she questioned whether it was legal."
Mr Crazy Man

Greer, SC

#60177 Aug 19, 2014
Captain Johnson is very impressive.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#60178 Aug 19, 2014
Mr Crazy Man wrote:
Okay, let's say he does. Who knows at this point. The only place I can find what you are claiming is on RW websites.

We do know that Brown was not close to the cop at the time he was shot (no residue). We do know that Brown was shot multiple times. We do know that Brown was shot, FROM ABOVE, to his head, twice.

I'm sorry, but cops don't get to take revenge just because someone hurts them. They need to stop their attacker and let the JUSTICE SYSTEM deal with them.
Mr Crazy Man

Greer, SC

#60179 Aug 19, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
It has nothing to do with the drunk person you are focused on.
"But Lehmberg (the drunk person you are focused on) and other Travis County officials (Democrats in Austin) recused themselves from the case and are not prosecuting it."
Do you see that? SHE is not prosecuting this case. REPUBLICANS ARE:
"One year ago a Republican judge from Bexar County, Bert Richardson, appointed a special prosecutor, Michael McCrum, to handle the prosecution.
McCrum, a criminal defense attorney in San Antonio, is a former Dallas police officer who began his career as a federal prosecutor during the George H.W. Bush administration"
And it has nothing to do with Perry wanting her removed:
"No one disputes that Perry, a Republican, had the authority to use his line-item veto power, guaranteed by the Texas Constitution, to eliminate the $7.5 million in two-year state funding for the public integrity unit.[....]
The allegation is that Perry improperly combined the two — that he illegally tied his power over integrity unit funding to his demand that Lehmberg resign, essentially setting up a quid pro quo arrangement that crossed the line into an abuse of power.
Even after the veto, there were numerous reports that Perry's office continued to dangle a restoration of the state funding or a future job offer to Lehmberg if she would leave office. Sources said Lehmberg rejected the deal because she questioned whether it was legal."
.Thanks for responding to my post.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#60180 Aug 19, 2014
Red Square wrote:
Police are like Bond, James Bond, they have a license to kill. They know that if they shoot somebody that they had no good reason to shoot, they will likely get off or get a very light punishment. So why not take a free shot? As much as it is a bad idea to arm police like they are in the military, the comparisons to a true police state like Nazi Germany are far-fetched.
I don't know about that. After 9/11 the Bush administration let all the government's excess military equipment be sold to Barney Fife cops across AMERICA. All under the guise of "protecting the homeland from "turists*" (terrorists or tourists, who knows for sure).

Yeah, "turists*" are really going to hit Ferguson....or Lenior....or Waco. ;)

So now all these rookies have all this equipment and by doggie, they are damn well going to use against the "others".

*Bushspeak
Mr Crazy Man

Greer, SC

#60181 Aug 19, 2014
I wish people would just talk.
Mr Crazy Man

Greer, SC

#60182 Aug 19, 2014
Without Texas job creation, America would be 315,000 jobs to the NEGATIVE.
TEXAS CREATED.... 1.1 million jobs.....
Mr Crazy Man

Greer, SC

#60183 Aug 19, 2014
Only 4 out of 78 protesters arrested... Are from Ferguson...
Mr Crazy Man

Greer, SC

#60184 Aug 19, 2014
Brown family asks for restraint.
Mr Crazy Man

Greer, SC

#60185 Aug 19, 2014
I'm not sure they want justice. I think they want revenge.
Mr Crazy Man

Greer, SC

#60186 Aug 19, 2014
Victoria, I'm going to do something, that's not been done very often on Topix.
I'm going to tell you, pure truth.
If I were armed, and someone broke bones in my face, I would kill them.
Bad person?
I'll let y'all decide.
Mr Crazy Man

Greer, SC

#60187 Aug 19, 2014
The main problem, is is that no one listens anymore.
People believe what they want.
That's it.
There is no right or wrong, only perception.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#60188 Aug 19, 2014
Mr Crazy Man wrote:
Victoria, I'm going to do something, that's not been done very often on Topix.
I'm going to tell you, pure truth.
If I were armed, and someone broke bones in my face, I would kill them.
Bad person?
I'll let y'all decide.
As always, Waco remains consistent with the teachings of Jesus
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#60189 Aug 19, 2014
Mr Crazy Man wrote:
I'm not sure they want justice. I think they want revenge.
I think Rick Perry wants a new mug shot.
TSF

Kinston, NC

#60190 Aug 19, 2014
I saw the video. She was drunk, the head of the Public Integrity Office was driving drunk,(a misdemeanor.). Not exactly a great example for others . The problem for Perry arose when she refused to resign her elected office and Perry: 1. openly (and illegally) threatened to veto funding for the Public Integrity Office. Then 2. Perry carried out that threat. In doing this, Perry committed two felonies: 1 was the coercion of an elected official and 2. Was abuse of the power of his office.
So, the Governor of the great state of Texas commits two felonies in order to punish a misdemeanor by the head of the Public Integrity Office . Not exactly smart and not exactly a great example for others.
Governor Perry broke the law, committing two felonies. The head of Public Integrity broke the law committing a misdemeanor. It is the job of the courts to provide judge, jury and punishment for those who have broken the law. Perry’s offense is much more serious than driving drunk because he decided to assume the function of the courts. The difference between and the reason for separation of judicial authority , legislative authority and administrative authority seems to be something republican have difficulty understanding
Mr Crazy Man wrote:
Too much info, who knows.
Victoria, they've been playing the video of the Travis County DA .
Not very flattering, in fact it's horrible.
They actually had to put her in restraints.
I've never seen anyone that drunk.
Victoria, we never agree much, but this lady should have resigned.
Have you seen the video?
It's disgraceful.
This is so OBVIOUSLY POLITICAL.
If we can't even agree that what she did should have cost her her job, I would be frankly shocked.
Because I know you're a fair person.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#60191 Aug 19, 2014
TSF wrote:
I saw the video. She was drunk, the head of the Public Integrity Office was driving drunk,(a misdemeanor.). Not exactly a great example for others . The problem for Perry arose when she refused to resign her elected office and Perry: 1. openly (and illegally) threatened to veto funding for the Public Integrity Office. Then 2. Perry carried out that threat. In doing this, Perry committed two felonies: 1 was the coercion of an elected official and 2. Was abuse of the power of his office.
So, the Governor of the great state of Texas commits two felonies in order to punish a misdemeanor by the head of the Public Integrity Office . Not exactly smart and not exactly a great example for others.
Governor Perry broke the law, committing two felonies. The head of Public Integrity broke the law committing a misdemeanor. It is the job of the courts to provide judge, jury and punishment for those who have broken the law. Perry’s offense is much more serious than driving drunk because he decided to assume the function of the courts. The difference between and the reason for separation of judicial authority , legislative authority and administrative authority seems to be something republican have difficulty understanding
<quoted text>
Even with just the mug shot, Perry is finished as a potential Presidential candidate. Can you see it now on TV commericals and political billboards? He's toast. It's perception, Waco.
Mr Crazy Man

Greer, SC

#60192 Aug 19, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Even with just the mug shot, Perry is finished as a potential Presidential candidate. Can you see it now on TV commericals and political billboards? He's toast. It's perception, Waco.
I think this will have quite the opposite effect.
We shall see, eh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New to charlotte, looking for boy what's good? 11 hr Doris 12
Any CPP on here? Want to talk? 11 hr Doris 1
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) 16 hr twicetime2lady 4,882
News Heroin problem spreading in Charlotte (Apr '13) May 28 mooksmom 18
News Charlotte, N.C., mayor Patrick Cannon arrested ... (Mar '14) May 28 mooksmom 15
Pain relief May 28 jaygee 6
Extended stay america May 27 Oh really 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pineville Mortgages