Allen

Penrose, NC

#39138 Mar 26, 2013
Fahey wrote:
<quoted text> Do you believe in global warming?
Yes as a matter of fact I do. We as human beings have and are destroying the most precious gift we have ever inherited, this earth we all call home. Mother Earth is now beginning to regurgitate the filth and poisons that we have fed her. Imo, global warming will continue to the point of an actual hell on earth, at which time it will be destroyed. Just as a forest burns only to renew it's self, so shall the heavens and the earth. This new earth will not be without inhabitants. Only those who are meek and peace loving will inherit it.

Whether you believe in God or Ancient Aliens, just take a look at us. We consider ourselves intelligent? Lmao, Imo, there are those who reside elsewhere in this vast universe who are so more far advanced that it would seem to us as supernatural or even as Mike Du might say, "hoccus poccus"
elf

Lenoir, NC

#39139 Mar 26, 2013
hoccus poccus all right,you believe in wraith nut
Allen

Penrose, NC

#39140 Mar 26, 2013
Come on people, let's cut the small talk! I want to hear opinions on political issues. Pick your poison and run with it:)
Allen

Penrose, NC

#39141 Mar 26, 2013
elf wrote:
On a much more humorous note, we sure are one good reality show to whoever it is out there watching us.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#39142 Mar 26, 2013
TSF wrote:
From a neutral point of view of logic necessarily taken by those unknowing,I am saying that the possibilities are positive or negative. As you already have admitted, it is impossible to prove a negative while the affirmative of a positive is always a possibility.
<quoted text>
Yet you cannot show a shred of evidence for the thing that you claim of a positive. Thus it seems more likely the claim is false, expecially seeing as how your claim is so large.
ydalituan

Lenoir, NC

#39143 Mar 26, 2013
no it ain't, bunch a back stabers name callin nuts honest one u r nice next forget it got enough on tv
TSF

Clayton, NC

#39144 Mar 26, 2013
Warming of the Earth's atmosphere is a fact. I have been the glaciers to see for myself. Glaciers leave moraines each year where their advancement stops. Each year they are receding further and the moraines show that they have been receding for many years. This melting of ice is adsorbing huge amounts of heat or the air would be really hot already. If and when all the ice melts, then the air temperature will soar quickly. Buy a thermometer , put it into a glass of ice water , read and record the temperature every 5 minutes. The 5 minute time interval equals the heat added to the glass. As long as there is ice in the glass, the temperature will remain constant around 32degrees F or 0 degrees Celcius. As soon as the ice all melts, watch what happens to the temperature. It will rise rapidly until it reacher sroom temperature.
Fahey wrote:
<quoted text> Do you believe in global warming?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#39145 Mar 26, 2013
TSF wrote:
Transmitting proof is futile unless the receiver has the ability to demodulate the signal. For instance, even today, the Rutherford planetary model of the atom (negative electrons making circulat orbits around a dense positive nucleus)is being taught to students. That atomic model is wrong . It has been replace with a model which more closely conforms to the facts called the quantum model. If I transmit proof of that, it is useless unless
you understand that moving particles emitt waves the wavelength of which depend on the mass and velocity ,what standing waves are, that standing waves can exist only in certain locations, that standing waves do not radiate energy, that the energy of a photon equals it frequency times Planck's constant, that no two electrons within an orbital have the same energy, etc.
As you might suspect, God's existence is infinitely more complex
than that simple idea about atoms. Not only do you lack the background to understand my message, I also lack the ability to frame it in terms that you could understand.
<quoted text>
Try me. You already claimed you cannot even find the words, so stop with the crap about it being above my ability to comprehend. Cop out answers typical of religious propaganda.

I am not asking for proof, I am asking for evidence. Do you have a clue of the difference?
Allen

Penrose, NC

#39146 Mar 26, 2013
elf wrote:
I certainly do believe in "wrath". I don't believe that God himself would bring anymore wrath upon us than we choose to bring upon ourselves.
TSF

Clayton, NC

#39147 Mar 26, 2013
I consider myself a scientifically minded person and a critical thinker who wants evidence. The evidence became positive for me when I was able to see it. It didn't hit me in the head . I didn't trip over it. It arrived ever so quietly in increments over many years. I cannot show it to you, you have to find it yourself.
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you cannot show a shred of evidence for the thing that you claim of a positive. Thus it seems more likely the claim is false, expecially seeing as how your claim is so large.
TSF

Clayton, NC

#39148 Mar 26, 2013
I didn't say you lacked ability. I said you lack the background and that I lack the ability to frame it for you..
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Try me. You already claimed you cannot even find the words, so stop with the crap about it being above my ability to comprehend. Cop out answers typical of religious propaganda.
I am not asking for proof, I am asking for evidence. Do you have a clue of the difference?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#39149 Mar 26, 2013
TSF,I do not really expect any evidence, as I know there is zero evidence of a god.
Can you at least try to produce a good philosophical argument for a god?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#39150 Mar 26, 2013
TSF wrote:
I didn't say you lacked ability. I said you lack the background and that I lack the ability to frame it for you..
<quoted text>
What background does one need?
Allen

Penrose, NC

#39151 Mar 26, 2013
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
Wish I could get the picture. Lmfao
FST

Greenville, SC

#39152 Mar 26, 2013
theres a lot of evidence.
FST

Greenville, SC

#39153 Mar 26, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>What background does one need?
he's not skilled like myself to show you the way.
Fahey

Houston, TX

#39154 Mar 26, 2013
TSF wrote:
Warming of the Earth's atmosphere is a fact. I have been the glaciers to see for myself. Glaciers leave moraines each year where their advancement stops. Each year they are receding further and the moraines show that they have been receding for many years. This melting of ice is adsorbing huge amounts of heat or the air would be really hot already. If and when all the ice melts, then the air temperature will soar quickly. Buy a thermometer , put it into a glass of ice water , read and record the temperature every 5 minutes. The 5 minute time interval equals the heat added to the glass. As long as there is ice in the glass, the temperature will remain constant around 32degrees F or 0 degrees Celcius. As soon as the ice all melts, watch what happens to the temperature. It will rise rapidly until it reacher sroom temperature.
<quoted text>
THE ONLY constant is change.There was a time, the entire earth was covered in a solid sheet of ice.Reflecting all the suns light, back into space.Volcanism changed that situation.Venus is an example of a planet that experienced runaway greenhouse effects.As of now, Venus is the hottest planet in the solar system, hotter even than Mercury.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#39155 Mar 26, 2013
TSF wrote:
I consider myself a scientifically minded person and a critical thinker who wants evidence. The evidence became positive for me when I was able to see it. It didn't hit me in the head . I didn't trip over it. It arrived ever so quietly in increments over many years. I cannot show it to you, you have to find it yourself.
<quoted text>
I see your complete lack of ability to explain what lead you to believe in a god, a great evidence against the claim of a god.
What you describe is textbook brainwashing. Brainwashing comes in a trickle. One cannot pinpoint brainwashing easily.
You claim to want evidence, but clearly have none.
Fahey

Houston, TX

#39156 Mar 26, 2013
The human causes of global warming can be addressed.ANY natural causes of global warming?I don't know, but if there are, it's beyond our control Allen.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#39157 Mar 26, 2013
FST wrote:
<quoted text>
he's not skilled like myself to show you the way.
And. So paint us the picture, Picasso.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing child at Shamrock Garden Elementary School 1 hr HumptyDumpty WasP... 18
5 year old goes missing at Shamrock Gardens Ele... 1 hr MarryOut OfWedlock 2
Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend... (Jan '13) 20 hr North Carolina 233
Buh Bye All You IBM Employees (Oct '10) Mon Tammy 250
Luther and luvnut Celebrate Supreme Court Decision (Jun '13) Sun luvnuts wife Luther 4
luvnut can be a boyscout now (Jun '13) Sun luvnuts wife Luther 3
Carnitas at Lupita Tortilleria y Carniceria, Ch... (Apr '10) Sun miguel 9
•••
•••
•••

Pineville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Pineville People Search