Alexandria City Council approves funding to help train local film crews

Nov 28, 2012 Full story: The Town Talk

Do you want to be in movies? Or at least a part of the industry? Alexis Crew Productions in Alexandria, owned by actress and Pineville native Faith Ford and her director/screenwriter husband Campion Murphy, is about to get into workforce training for the film industry with help from the city.

Full Story
Say What

Alexandria, LA

#1 Nov 28, 2012
Why can't the Alexandria City Council stop giving away tax payers' money?
If "so and so" wants to start a business, then start it with their own money.
This reminds me of President Obama's giving money to Solyndra. That company went bust and cost the tax payers about $500 million dollars.
I wonder if some Joe Average had asked the City Council for $50,000, would the Council have been so generous? Probably not. But Faith Ford asks and receives. Let Ms Ford use her own money.
gene

West Monroe, LA

#2 Nov 28, 2012
do a recall on all the sob's that voted to give away the money, then lien the assets of the sob's
mee

Flippin, AR

#3 Nov 29, 2012
SMDH

Alexandria, LA

#4 Dec 4, 2012
This stupid film school is Jacques idea. The Council approved what the Jacques wants once again. If I was Faith Ford and Jacques wanted to give me free money I would take it as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 1 hr Rodger 3,540
Needing information!!! 13 hr LSUFAn58 2
any jobs that dont drug test (Mar '14) Tue Tanner1166 13
vajza Tue Say What 2
gangastar Tue djali 1
Next Alexandria City Marshal Tue RapidesBayouResident 5
the race is on for d.a. Mon Fred from Flatwoods 6
Pineville Dating
Find my Match

Pineville Jobs

Pineville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pineville News, Events & Info