who do you want to be the next rapides parish sheriff?

Posted in the Pineville Forum

Comments (Page 976)

Showing posts 19,501 - 19,520 of19,866
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
burned

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

buffet buster wrote:
<quoted text>These "labs" are personal use cooks that yield less than an oz of meth. True, any amount made is manufacturing meth but to call it a lab is a stretch. I suppose there are no "white collar" dealers and users of cocaine, meth or heroin in central Louisiana. I think it is a numbers game when they encourage arrests of everyone in a car with a bag of weed or a bottle of syrup. The problem with the "Guilt by association" is that some people are getting arrested for felony charges by merely being in a car or at a home while at the wrong time. The old saying: "arrest them all and let the judge sort it out" is grossly unfair. Those that are not truly guilty of possession or selling that get booked have the stigma of the arrest, expense of bond and defense fees, and expungement costs all with the possibility of losing their job by the arrest without a conviction. The "system" gets bogged down at the expense of making high profile stats in numbers of arrested warm bodies instead of concentration on quality arrests and totally disregarding the economic or social status of the "offender."
If you play with fire your gonna get burned. It's that persons own damn fault if they wanna hang out with people that are breaking the law. If they don't wanna endure all the aftermath then they don't need to associate with those types of people. It's a self correcting problem.
guilt by association

Eunice, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

buffet buster wrote:
<quoted text>These "labs" are personal use cooks that yield less than an oz of meth. True, any amount made is manufacturing meth but to call it a lab is a stretch. I suppose there are no "white collar" dealers and users of cocaine, meth or heroin in central Louisiana. I think it is a numbers game when they encourage arrests of everyone in a car with a bag of weed or a bottle of syrup. The problem with the "Guilt by association" is that some people are getting arrested for felony charges by merely being in a car or at a home while at the wrong time. The old saying: "arrest them all and let the judge sort it out" is grossly unfair. Those that are not truly guilty of possession or selling that get booked have the stigma of the arrest, expense of bond and defense fees, and expungement costs all with the possibility of losing their job by the arrest without a conviction. The "system" gets bogged down at the expense of making high profile stats in numbers of arrested warm bodies instead of concentration on quality arrests and totally disregarding the economic or social status of the "offender."
In these kind of situations that was spoke of here. Brought back a couple of things i was taught as a young person. 1.If you lay with dogs,you will get fleas. 2.Show me your friends. It will tell me your character. This would apply here!
buffet buster

Pineville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

guilt by association wrote:
<quoted text>In these kind of situations that was spoke of here. Brought back a couple of things i was taught as a young person. 1.If you lay with dogs,you will get fleas. 2.Show me your friends. It will tell me your character. This would apply here!
Sorry but that is not the way is works, legally anyway. Arresting everyone simply because they are there is unlawful and pure laziness by the agents. See how many get prosecuted because they were just with the guilty party. Prosecutors are not looking for arrest stats that get sheriffs elected. They need solid cases. I guess none of you have a family member that has been in the wrong place at the wrong time and got cuffed and stuffed by an over zealous agent wanted to make his boss look good for re-election. Good police work involves some serious thought and the ability to use common sense and sound judgement in determining who is at fault, who is guilty and what case will stand up in court. Anything short of that is a "shotgun approach." Do you job, do it well, but be fair, honest and aggressive.
Woodworth

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

voter wrote:
<quoted text>We supported Wagner before based on Wagner saying "look at me and my over 3,000 arrest". And lot of them were what you call "casual and street habituals" of the 3,000. So since our family based our previous support for Wagner because of numbers,so he could look good. So,it is only fair to do the same for the current administration WEH. SO YOU ARE RIGHT,THE CURRENT RPSO IS "LOOKING GOOD"! I SEE NOW HOW YOU OPERATE. LOOK FOR A NEW TWIST OR ANGLE FOR YOUR SELFISH WAYS!
Point is to show you what a hypocrite and dirty poitician Hilton is. The point has been proved. Hilton spent thousands of dollars telling the people that too many of their people were being arrested for drug use and dealing. He also said arrest was not the answer, they needed Rehab. Now he is making himself look good using the dugs thing to look good. How many has he put thru Rehab.? The previous administration was looking good also in the drug war, but The Hilton machine had to use the drug arrest numbers to carry out his vendetta agains't Wagner. Remember there is nothing fair about your now boy Hilton.
Woodworth

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Maybe the problem with getting the big boy drug dealers is a lack of expertise on a lot of the trigger happy boys making all the little habitual arrest. Their game is to arrest someone. It is more like a climax to them maybe. You see a lot of them white cars running around with Handcuffs hanging on the rear view mirrow. Is that for show off or what? Remember there is a lot of dirty drug money out there that keep a lot hand palms greased.
nutter butter

Pineville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Lots of the handcuff/mirror hangers are want to be cops or preserves, I mean reserves. It is: "look at me, I am a cop!"
Woodworth

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

I see where Hilton tried to make some political points on the arrest of the three brothers involving Triplets murder many years back. That was his job to do before when he was in office. Why did he not do it back then. So why is he seeking an at a boy? He didn't solve the case. Did a blind hog find an acorn? It is good they were caught for taking an innocent life away. Need to forget about show time and stay focused on business. But why all the gloating? That is what he and his boys get paid to do.
First Aid

Pineville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

lets face it friends, this current administration bleeds inexperience and lack of supervision.
Tioga Indians

Pineville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Saw them working some of the mardi gras balls off duty. Must pay good to do nothing but guard the door and check armbands. Anything busts loose, they call apd to handle up on it. If they can't make the collar, put in on paper, and book 'em, they should not be drawing a off duty dollar. Prolly cause they are jailers and court room staff trying to be real police.
Ugotjokes

Alexandria, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Tioga Indians wrote:
Saw them working some of the mardi gras balls off duty. Must pay good to do nothing but guard the door and check armbands. Anything busts loose, they call apd to handle up on it. If they can't make the collar, put in on paper, and book 'em, they should not be drawing a off duty dollar. Prolly cause they are jailers and court room staff trying to be real police.
Sounds to me like you are jealous and don't really know what your talking about ! It's obvious by the statements you made. What is a collar????
In the know

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

U a dumbass all you do is piss them off bring them to jail . Jailers correct your paper work , they book them in not you. If you new what you was talking abought you would know that apd is called when in city limits when you can't leave a detail. So folks if you need real police call apd on or off they will be their to back up anyone who calls even you rpso.
Der

Pineville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

In the know wrote:
U a dumbass all you do is piss them off bring them to jail . Jailers correct your paper work , they book them in not you. If you new what you was talking abought you would know that apd is called when in city limits when you can't leave a detail. So folks if you need real police call apd on or off they will be their to back up anyone who calls even you rpso.
I think it is safe to say your not one of those "jailers" fixing paperwork.
Ugotjokes

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

In the know wrote:
Read what you posted real slow!!!! Hope it makes some sort of seance to you as to what ever you are referring to! The jailers probably are having to correct YOUR reports! Guess it takes a dumbass to know a dumbass hun. DUMBASS!!!!!!!!!
Say What

Alexandria, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Ugotjokes wrote:
<quoted text> Read what you posted real slow!!!! Hope it makes some sort of seance to you as to what ever you are referring to! The jailers probably are having to correct YOUR reports! Guess it takes a dumbass to know a dumbass hun. DUMBASS!!!!!!!!!
"Hope it makes some sort of SEANCE"
Seance: n. a sitting; a meeting to seek communication from the spirit of the dead. From Webster's Standard Dictionary.

So tell me, what has a "seance" have to do with the reports?
I guess someone has to correct your posting about someone having to correct someone else's report!

Karma!
guess what

Pineville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

To all the ones talking about "jailers", there is not a deputy working in the corrections division whose commission card says anything different than any other deputy. I along with many other deputies work in corrections because I choose to and enjoy it. We dont remain in corrections because we are not capable of working in patrol. In fact, a lot of deputies working in patrol say they do so because they couldn't take it in the jail and had to get out cause it is too stressful. It doesn't make them weaker, it's just personal preference. Anyone who calls themselves "real police" should understand the brotherhood we share as officers and should not make the ignorant distinction between those who work patrol and those that work in the jail as anything other than that officer's choice.
Woodworth

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Hilton, remember one of your campaign platforms was that Wagner was arresting too many of the drug users especially the black population? You told them arrest was not the answer, that they should get Rehab. Spent thousands of dollars spreading that message. You must be a bonified Hipocrite, or a forked tongue politician. You are doing the same thing, except in greater numbers. What happened to Rehab.? Get out and be constructive on the drug war. You wasting tax payer money, because you arrest them, put them in jail and they bond right out to repeat the same process. You need to send Closener back to Allen Parish and put someone in his place to catch the real Drug pushers.
Say What

Alexandria, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Woodworth wrote:
Hilton, remember one of your campaign platforms was that Wagner was arresting too many of the drug users especially the black population? You told them arrest was not the answer, that they should get Rehab. Spent thousands of dollars spreading that message. You must be a bonified Hipocrite, or a forked tongue politician. You are doing the same thing, except in greater numbers. What happened to Rehab.? Get out and be constructive on the drug war. You wasting tax payer money, because you arrest them, put them in jail and they bond right out to repeat the same process. You need to send Closener back to Allen Parish and put someone in his place to catch the real Drug pushers.
And please let us know what solutions you have to offer!
Who Dat

Pineville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

guess what wrote:
To all the ones talking about "jailers", there is not a deputy working in the corrections division whose commission card says anything different than any other deputy. I along with many other deputies work in corrections because I choose to and enjoy it. We dont remain in corrections because we are not capable of working in patrol. In fact, a lot of deputies working in patrol say they do so because they couldn't take it in the jail and had to get out cause it is too stressful. It doesn't make them weaker, it's just personal preference. Anyone who calls themselves "real police" should understand the brotherhood we share as officers and should not make the ignorant distinction between those who work patrol and those that work in the jail as anything other than that officer's choice.
That is not true. Maybe a few jailers choose to work there but most, like 89% cannot do anything else, are extremely out of shape, or do not want to go through the APD academy. The jails are also being used for political payback for uneducated people. Last time I was in the jail I gave a report to a woman with all gold teeth that could barely speak english and it appeared her hair was glued to her head. Hilton is using the jail to payback votes by giving $36,000 a year jobs to people who could not make that money anywhere else. Hilton has no hiring standards. So in other words, he uses tax payer money to pay people with little to no education more than teachers and people with college degrees. He could always make higher standards so the tax payers are getting the most for there money. However this will never happen until the whole "Hilton" generation is replaced by another Sheriff. It would take a cultural change in the Sheriff's Office to run like a professional law enforcement agency. Until then or if ever, the tax payers will overpay for less quality. Not to mention Deputies doing all kinds of stuff on duty that is getting overlooked because of who they know. RPSO will remain the laughing stock of local law enforcement until changes occur.
Boyce

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Woodworth is a problem because he does not know what to do. They should sent Clossner back to Allen Parish and put a LaCour back in there or maybe Weatherford.
Big Black Truck

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Keep up the good work, do not stop what you are doing because you may save my son or daughter from getting hooked on drugs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 19,501 - 19,520 of19,866
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pineville Discussions

Search the Pineville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who do you want to be the next District Attorne... 2 hr Just passing thru 48
Alexandria sting results in 17 arrests on solic... 7 hr Tim D 10
Pineville city judge 17 hr Rick 10
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) Sat Hold on there 2,553
i.m gonna slash all four tires on this ladies car Fri Betty 4
Ladies Hair Cuts Jul 8 Genealogy Fan 3
Pollock la federal prison lockdown? (May '13) Jul 8 Hope 107
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pineville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••