Has anyone maintained their weight lo...

Has anyone maintained their weight loss after they stop taking adipex?

Posted in the Pineville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wondering

Middlesboro, KY

#1 Aug 5, 2010
I was curious about adipex, i know you lose weight on them but has anyone ever really maintained their weight loss after they stop taking the pills. I know you have to change eating habits and exercise, will that be enough to maintain the weight loss.
Answer

Knoxville, TN

#2 Aug 5, 2010
wondering wrote:
I was curious about adipex, i know you lose weight on them but has anyone ever really maintained their weight loss after they stop taking the pills. I know you have to change eating habits and exercise, will that be enough to maintain the weight loss.
NO. They work great and give you tons of energy but when you stop taking them you will gain it back quick. So unless you want to stay on them forever dont even start.
Work it off

Lawrenceburg, KY

#3 Aug 5, 2010
Yes you can use them to jump start your weight loss, it can't be the only thing you do though. You need to exercise and eat sensibly. I lost 40lbs and have been off of them for 6 months. They helped with appetite control but you have to walk, work out, bike, or run. You have to stop eating junk and get serious about what you really want. I wont take them anymore. They are a tool to help but not the solution
wondering

Middlesboro, KY

#4 Aug 5, 2010
Work it off wrote:
Yes you can use them to jump start your weight loss, it can't be the only thing you do though. You need to exercise and eat sensibly. I lost 40lbs and have been off of them for 6 months. They helped with appetite control but you have to walk, work out, bike, or run. You have to stop eating junk and get serious about what you really want. I wont take them anymore. They are a tool to help but not the solution
Its encouraging to hear of a least one person who is keeping it off, kudos to you my friend. I am definitely using them as a jump start, i have lost weight on my own before, i know you have to eat right and exercise. If you don't mind me asking..how long did you take them and did they make you feel really hateful sometimes?
foxybrown

Reynoldsburg, OH

#5 Sep 29, 2010
wondering wrote:
well I was 170 when I started talking I stayed on them for 1 month and went down to 150 and I stayed around 155 since then.Maintaining what I eat is a way of life or it will come right bac!
be-easy

Dayton, OH

#6 Jan 25, 2011
Does anyone know a Dr. in Dayton, that prescribes adipex?

AOL

#8 Jan 25, 2011
be-easy wrote:
Does anyone know a Dr. in Dayton, that prescribes adipex?
YOU CAN GET ADIPEX ONLINE DELIVERED TO THE DOOR AND CHEAPER AND PRIVATE. BUT TAKING DIET PILLS ARENT GOOD FOR YOU JUST GO ONLINE AND READ ABOUT DIFFERENT FOODS AND HOW THEY AFFECT YOUR METABOLISM. I LOST 100 LBS OVER 5 YRS AGO AND I HAVE KEPT IT OFF BECAUSE I LEARNED HOW TO EAT AND PLUS I WALK AND WORK OUT THAT IS A MUST. EVERY PERSON I HAVE SEEN TAKE DIET PILLS GAIN BACK WHAT THEY LOOSE PLUS EXTRA POUNDS BECAUSE YOU STARVE YOUR BODY FOR SO LONG ANYTHNG YOU PUT INTO AFTER TAKING DIET PILLS YOUR BODY IS GOINT TO REACT DIFFERENTLY. THEY THROW YOUR METABOLISM OUT OF WHACK TOO SO BEFORE CONSIDERING DIET PILLS GET ONLINE AND EDUCATE YOURSELF ABOUT HOW TO TO EAT.
addictive

Middlesboro, KY

#9 Jan 25, 2011
they are addictive...stay clear
Pissed Off

Fortville, IN

#10 Jan 11, 2012
I lost 14 pounds on adipex back in Jan 2011 after having taking the pills for 4 months. The pills made me delirous...cranky, couldn't sleep, dry skin and hair, just plain mean. I quit taking the pills in February as a result of the side effects. By May, I could feel the drug leaving my body so I worked out even harder and was extremely careful in my diet. By August, the drug was completely out of my system, but I was up 25 pounds. Literally, the weight came back overnight. Accordingly to my Weight Watchers tracker, I was 172 july 8 and about 3 weeks later, I was 185 then in Sept up to 197. It seemed that every little thing I put into my mouth turned to fat. Don't do it! Don't take the pills! Try to eat right and exercise.
Tiffany

Richmond, KY

#11 Jan 11, 2012
I have lost 80lbs on them and i dont take them anymore ive maintained my weight just fine. but everyone is different good luck with you weight loss
Brittany

Junction, IL

#12 Feb 9, 2012
Im on the pill now, and Im only 18. I weighed 193 just last week, and now a week later I weigh 184.5. This pill is a miracle worker! They arent addictive either, but I have been working out & eating right along with taking Adipex.
Girly Girl

Middlesboro, KY

#13 Feb 12, 2012
They're ok. I took them in high school, they didn't do a thing. Then I started taking them again back in 09 before I went to the gym and lost about 40lbs (but I would workout hardcore and the pills would help me get that extra 30 mins in). You just can take them (or any pill) and eat whatever you want.
Serious

Corbin, KY

#14 Feb 15, 2012
My wife took them and she went crazy.... I'm not saying that they have the same effect on everyone. They do control you appetite but from what I saw from her, they screw with your emotions... Serious mood swings....
Beauty

United States

#15 Oct 4, 2012
I started taking Adipex back in Sept. 2010. I started out weighing 224. By Dec. 2010. I weighed 190, but I was at a stand still for about 5 months. I think that was because I had stopped working out & eating healthy. At any rate I stopped taking adipex & joined a gym last summer and got down to 180 & toned up pretty good. Well I stopped working out again n gained 7lbs over the course of 4 months so I got back on Adipex in Dec. 2011, by March i weighed 174. The weight didn't come off as quick as it did the 1st time, but Since then I've been off n on not really taking them n working out like I should so I'm back at 180:-( I went to the doctor and got back on them Tuesday & plan to stay on them until I reach my goal of 150. I must say they are effective. My weight has been flucating but thank goodness for the most part I haven't gone back up to 224!:-)
lisa

Avon, OH

#16 Oct 7, 2012
I started my own losing weight in Dec 2011. I started takin adipex in April and took if for 3 months. I have lost 110lbs and have kept it off. I'm still losing and working out and walking and learning how to eat again. I did just fine. Good Luck anyone and everyone. Everyone is different.
iknow

New Tazewell, TN

#17 Oct 8, 2012
The only downfall is that they make your heart flutter, fatigue when u don't have them, and they make you swell! like your hands and ankles. It can be dangerous while taking benzodiazepine with them also. Just read up on it some. I took them and had all the bad side effects, I know of friends also having the same problem! Good Luck if it is working though:)
April Armstrong

Valparaiso, IN

#18 Mar 1, 2013
Answer wrote:
<quoted text>NO. They work great and give you tons of energy but when you stop taking them you will gain it back quick. So unless you want to stay on them forever dont even start.
I took Adipex for two months and lost 30 pounds. I kept the weight off after I stopped taking Adipex by eating sensibly and exercising. You can do it!:)
Stacy

Marietta, OH

#19 Mar 25, 2013
I lost 35 pounds in 3 months and only gained 3 pounds back and it's been two months off Adipex now. You definitely need to keep the food sensible and work out when you can. Good luck to anyone else that tries this. I had great results and feel great now that this weight is off my shoulders...literally.
Hannah

Newport, TN

#21 Apr 13, 2013
I have been on adipex for almost 2 months I think they work great I have lost 22 lbs. The key to loosing weight with them is exercise and plenty of water. I mean like 80 ounces of water that's what makes them work. Plus I've changed my bad eating habits. You have to change know just like any diet pill when you go off of them u still have to eat good, exercise, and drink water. GOOD LUCK!!!0
VENUS

Philadelphia, PA

#22 Apr 17, 2013
IVE BEEN ON THE PILLS FOR A WLE NOW AND LOST ALOT OF WEIGHT BUT THE PROBLEM WAS THAT WHEN I STOPED TAKING THEM I PUT THE WEIGHT RIGHT BACK AND SOME. YEAH SO THATS BAD ...SO PEOPLE IF YOUR ON ADIPEX LOOSE YOUR WEIGHT AND TRY YOUR BEST TO MAINTANE IT BECAUSE I DIDENT I GANED IT ALL BACK REALLY FAST AND I HAVE TO TO IT ALL OVER AGAIN.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angel Collet Is a deadbeat rip 9 hr Commonsense 4
Operation Unite cover up ! Who is accountable ? 9 hr above the law 15
bust the drug dealers in kettle island 9 hr bud 2
What is Hud's Phone Number? (Jan '09) 10 hr Mee 13
Little Rick out looking for little boys 11 hr Angie 8
75 cent bud 3.50 fatty hog leg joints 17 hr Joyce 10
Who cares who runs any bell school now 18 hr Loaded questions 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pineville Mortgages