How can I let go of hatred?

How can I let go of hatred?

Posted in the Pineville Forum

White Lilly

Athens, Greece

#1 Sep 16, 2012
I have met this man in a very difficult time of my life, 2 years ago... He had tried to meet me, get close to me and win my trust. He appeared like an angel at the beginning... He told me that I was his soulmate, the love of his life, that he wanted to get married and have a family together...
I told him that I got hurt in the past and he promised that he will never hurt me or betray my trust.
I was always there for him, to support him and help him with his problems, I was always there when he needed me, ready to do anything for our love.
He abused me, cheated on me, and stole all of my money. I lost my family, my house and all of my friends...
When I asked him why he did all those things he just laughed and seemed very proud of it.
Now, I am away from him but I can't forget about all the pain he brought into my life... I have lost all my trust in people and I'm starting to lose my faith in God too... What have I done to deserve being treated that way? I gave all of my love and trust and I got hatred instead.
I don't know what he is doing now, I suppose that he is somewhere out there laughing with his new girlfriend having a great time, while I am broke and depressed. I can't stop thinking about the way he had treated me and I hate him... I think about it everyday. It's not good for me but I can't stop feeling that way... I wonder, will there ever be justice? I can't stand the thought of him being happy after all the pain he had caused to my life...
Good Advice

Mayfield, KY

#2 Sep 16, 2012
You have got to choose to let this go. Sounds like he has taken enough from you, dont give him anymore. He has taken enough of your time and energy. Everything will eventually catch up with him, it always does. But letting go lies with you, you have to dismiss this from your mind or you'll never be happy. You've got to see that only you can make you happy and as bad as it sucks you have to be the bigger person and forgive him . Not for him,but for you. I wish you all the happieness in the world. It takes about a year to get over something like this,get out, find something to do to busy yourself. And just let this go, something really good will come your way and you don't want to miss it because you were to busy looking in the past. Best of luck to you!
skin art

Richmond, KY

#3 Sep 23, 2012
ask Jesus

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Recent escapes from Bell Co Dentionion 1 hr Truth 7
Keeping Grandkids away from Grandparents.. (Apr '10) 3 hr Urthgypsry 166
dr steidles pineville hospital 4 hr bell 1
Melissa and houston 11 hr Gagaluv 19
No change for Bell County school district 17 hr Muntz 15
News Inmates escape - 17 hr Muntz 1
Bell has the biggest drug alcohol epedemic Tue NEWS 12

Pineville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance