John Slusher again
elbe

Springfield, TN

#84 Jan 3, 2010
INTERESTIN wrote:
Well every one need's to leave the SLUSHER family along yes they and the MADON'S have made a few mistake's but they have to live with it they can pull your I.P up and take it to lawyer's and realy do something about it every one need's to live thier life and leave other's alone.
pull
theft info

Richmond, KY

#85 Jan 3, 2010
pull my IP go ahead. I'm sitting right here.
elbe

Knoxville, TN

#86 Jan 6, 2010
Fact Checker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are indeed still a liar, even if there was a 1996 DUI. Your earlier post claimed he had so many priors that the last one should have been a felony. That is a lie and you have not shown us anything to the contrary.
And you claimed he was guilty of Perjury too. Is that because his testimony in your case was believed and yours was rejected?
And that he is guilty of something in this motorcycle matter. There has been no charge in that matter, and all you are doing is speculating based on the very few facts you know. And some you just make up.
And if we looked, I am sure we could find dozens of other allegations you have made with no basis.
I am not trying to defend anything that is true. The truth it the truth. I just don't like someone getting on here and piling lie upon lie, smearing people with innuendo and rumor.
And as for this last DUI, please tell me how in hell Colby could have done ANYTHING wrong on that? The circuit clerk is not the judge and has no power to dismiss anything.
Look at it from Colby's standpoint. If his dad was charged, hired a lawyer (an expensive one too) who convinced a judge that the evidence was no good (as I understand, the officer took John all over Bell County trying to get a blood test and finally did a breathalyser at the jail which was under the limit), and the judge dismissed it, how can Colby do anything about any of that? Could he tell his dad not to fight the charge because it might look bad if he got it dismissed? That is silly. And even if he did tell his him that, he has no control over his dad. I think you would agree to that.
Colby is a good kid and a good public servant for Bell County, and you would do well to quit trying to smear him just because you hate his dad. He is a much better Circuit clerk than what we had before, without doubt.
You're just a smear merchant pretending to be a reform-minded citizen. You are not even a citizen of our county, which tells a lot in itself about your motives.
Other than that - we're in agreement?
Next

United States

#87 Jan 8, 2010
If Costanzo had to recuse himself from hearing Slusher's case, looks like Yoakum would, too. The Yoakum family has direct business connections with Slusher.
INTERESTIN

Mayfield, KY

#88 Jan 8, 2010
I don't know what the SLUSHER family has done to every one but they like puuting them down but when it come's to thier self's it's a different story.
ruff

Antioch, TN

#89 Jan 9, 2010
Not everyone is into the same activities as the Slushers.
Godfrey

Louisa, KY

#90 Jan 10, 2010
Nice story, Colby. Except for a few flaws. John failed a field sobriety test or he wouldn't have been arrested. And a blood test is done only when the defendant demands it - usually to stall for time. No trooper is going to drive all over the county when Pineville Hospital is one of the few places that does the testing. If John was barely under on a breathalyzer hours later, that supports him being over at time of arrest. Any competent judge would have known that.

And you exert influence on cases exactly the way Monk did. You really want to go into that? This next case is being watched so make it look good.
Fact Checker

Anderson, SC

#91 Jan 11, 2010
Godfrey wrote:
Nice story, Colby. Except for a few flaws. John failed a field sobriety test or he wouldn't have been arrested. And a blood test is done only when the defendant demands it - usually to stall for time. No trooper is going to drive all over the county when Pineville Hospital is one of the few places that does the testing. If John was barely under on a breathalyzer hours later, that supports him being over at time of arrest. Any competent judge would have known that.
And you exert influence on cases exactly the way Monk did. You really want to go into that? This next case is being watched so make it look good.
Hey Goober, aren't you leaving out a few facts?

They DID go to two hospitals because of problems getting a blood test. Never got one. A little irregular, wouldn't you say?

And he did blow less than the limit. You cannot reliably extrapolate that backwards to make a conviction possible--regardless of how much as you want to hang the man.

And what in hell could Colby do about any of it anyway? He aint the judge.

wondering

Atlanta, GA

#92 Jan 17, 2010
Fact Checker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Goober, aren't you leaving out a few facts?
They DID go to two hospitals because of problems getting a blood test. Never got one. A little irregular, wouldn't you say?
And he did blow less than the limit. You cannot reliably extrapolate that backwards to make a conviction possible--regardless of how much as you want to hang the man.
And what in hell could Colby do about any of it anyway? He aint the judge.
Asking for a blood test like Slusher did is irregular. Its an old trick to buy time. Just because a medical facility is busy doesn't mean an officer botched the investigation. Slusher failed a test at the stop or he wouldn't have been arrested. Unless he was drinking the entire time he was in custody, he naturally will test lower hours later. The judge had no basis to suppress any evidence and that evidence showed guilt at the time of the stop. Monk wasn't a judge either but Colby is looking more and more like him.
Fact Checker

Lexington, KY

#93 Jan 18, 2010
Nobody said the matter was botched. Sometimes things happen that no one can foresee or help that affect the quality of evidence. In the end, the evidence has to be fair to the defendant. We can't try the case here on Topix. Bottom line, the judge decided it, right or wrong, and Colby had nothing to do with it.
wondering

Atlanta, GA

#94 Jan 18, 2010
Fact Checker wrote:
<quoted text>
You just pile one lie on another there don't you.
All what DUIs? He has had ONE arrest for DUI. He hired a lawyer who convinced the judge that it was a botched case. And a special judge heard it, not one of our local judges.
Yeah, it appears "nobody" said it alright. You can do better than that, Colby. Didn't you learn anything from Monk?

Everybody who witnessed this judge's actions before he realized he needed to recuse himself knows it doesn't pass the smell test. Where's the file, Colby? Never know when you'll get a surprise audit. Part of your duty is to see ALL the records are available. Having to wait for someone to call the flower shop isn't going to look good with AOC. Sure hope you corrected that falsified driver's license. After insulting this officer and his integrity, just might be some close inspection during the next stop. And we know there will be a next one - to go with the other three of record.
Grandma

Richmond, KY

#95 Jan 19, 2010
Smell test is right - some of us starting holding our noses around the courthouse and asking "Gee - what stinks so bad?" Voila - the judge recused AFTER he had suppressed the evidence. County attorneys' office was just as stinky as they did not appeal the suppression. Pee Yew Bell County. And now this judge is on the circuit bench with no one running against him. I smell major stinks in the future depending on who you are and who you know.
observation

United States

#96 Jan 20, 2010
Fact Checker wrote:
Nobody said the matter was botched. Sometimes things happen that no one can foresee or help that affect the quality of evidence. In the end, the evidence has to be fair to the defendant. We can't try the case here on Topix. Bottom line, the judge decided it, right or wrong, and Colby had nothing to do with it.
Yeah, the judge decided to fix it so nobody could try it fairly. Wonder who he had whispering in his ear? We aren't trying the case. We are taking a close look at how this was handled. We can foresee that certain people will continue to get special treatment. Unless, of course, we get some new faces around the courthouse.
SpeedTrap

United States

#97 Jan 23, 2010
What about that driver's license, Colby? Got that fixed for the old man yet? Looks like you spend all your time politicing these days. Isn't that what you accused Monk of doing? Seems like you picked up all the bad habits pretty quick. Is that change we can believe in - like you campaign slogan?
LAW_BREAKER

Dyer, TN

#98 Jan 24, 2010
You know some of you people don't know what you are talking about and alot of what you people hear aer mostly LIE'S can't people tell the TRUTH around here and live thier life and not other's.
auditor

United States

#99 Jan 25, 2010
Looks like one thing got fixed. Colby at least got his daddy's name right on the docket now. Hope that matches the license in case someone in court brings it up. No lie there.
elbe

Springfield, TN

#100 Jan 25, 2010
Another one of those "few mistakes".
LAW_BREAKER

Dyer, TN

#101 Jan 26, 2010
People just need's to STOP living on what other's are saying and stop listening to LIE'S.
Grandma

Richmond, KY

#102 Jan 27, 2010
February 9, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. Everyone invited - but I bet it's continued again. Come on 'Law-Breaker' show up. Then you won't have to call us liars - you will have seen with your own eyes.
Next

Knoxville, TN

#103 Jan 27, 2010
LAW_BREAKER wrote:
People just need's to STOP living on what other's are saying and stop listening to LIE'S.
Everyone can decide for themselves what to do. With election coming up, these "funny" decisions are not going to go unnoticed. Shame that's the only time you can get elected officials to start acting like they know how to do their jobs. Some can't even manage it then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ham hut Today's special 32 min Jec 1
Topix Political Posts 1 hr Vote Like Albey M... 7
Constable election 1 hr steve 1
Jimmy rose 1 hr Eddie jones 1
who will win Constable ? 1 hr Voter 39
Teen hit fence that was built on state highway ... (Mar '17) 7 hr Like to know 40
Meth up in Simms fork 12 hr flappy 1
Fish Mills won the absentee ballots at the high... (May '14) 12 hr Voter 26

Pineville Jobs

Personal Finance

Pineville Mortgages