the best football player to ever come...

the best football player to ever come out pineville

Created by football agent on Jan 1, 2010

639 votes

Click on an option to vote

isiah hill

fred bishop

eddie bishop

mike zackery

david asher

poppy harris

darren howard

tuck woolum

mike duvall

johnny lewis

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
my opinion

Bolivar, TN

#1 Jan 1, 2010
James Michael Gambrel the best in everything to come out of Pineville :)
U CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH

Pikeville, KY

#2 Jan 2, 2010
David Asher
Is the best player to ever come out of pineville. if you dont think so then you are not old enough to really know anything about pineville football. For that matter he is the best player to come from bell county. he could do it all run pass punt return punts kick off return kick offs there isn't any one on this list that even comes close to him.
pineville fan

Pineville, KY

#3 Jan 3, 2010
OMG, I am old enough, And David might make the top 100 list. Fred and Eddie where both better than David. But, I will have to say David was pretty darn good. So was Crit Callebs but what did they do with their talent. Poor ol David still tries to live his High school career through today's kids.
Pineville Grad

United States

#4 Jan 3, 2010
Is the Johnny Lewis on this list the one who played one year in the mid 80s? If so I don't think he was anywhere near as good as any of the other players on this list. I don't think he would have even ranked in the top 10 on the team the year he played for Pineville. Again, maybe there is another Johnny Lewis who played for Pineville of which I am not aware.
football agent

Murfreesboro, TN

#5 Jan 3, 2010
to me it s fred 1 mr.hill 2 eddie 3 david 4 mike zackery 5 crit callebs 6 poppy harris 7 darren howerd 8 tuck woolum 9 tony zackery 10 thats the way i would vote my list of top 10 but we made this lst with 5 people keep the vote s coming
football agent

Murfreesboro, TN

#6 Jan 6, 2010
james gambrel was good football ln lil league just like the rest off us but he could not crack this list in the top 100 sorry!!!! truth hurts this show where you come get a dose of the truth next victim
football agent

Murfreesboro, TN

#7 Jan 6, 2010
keep the votes coming
noname

Jackson, KY

#8 Jan 6, 2010
David Asher
Lets here it

Bolivar, TN

#9 Jan 6, 2010
Well I see that the locals have their high school days heros on here. But I wonder, which of these that are so good or were so good that they played in college. I am not old enough to remember these old timers but I have seen some pretty good players at pineville. Again, who on this list played college ball. I will check with some alumni from years past to see who all has made it to the college level but honestly I've never heard of any of these guys moving on. And by the way, I don't believe I see any O or D linemen on this list. I don't know any of them so could you also list what position they played.
football agent

Murfreesboro, TN

#10 Jan 6, 2010
well i can name a few that played college ball mr. hill eku fred bishop uk eddie bishop morhead mike zakery eku keep the votes coming
football agent

Murfreesboro, TN

#11 Jan 6, 2010
also tuck woolum eku also has ovc rings and champ ring so does mr. hill they played on same team tuck was qb mr. hill wr both got rings fred played d1 ball uk and eddie played with phil simms in college phil won superbowl rings you vote keep em coming come get the truth
PHS Alum

Anderson, SC

#12 Jan 8, 2010
Hell, you left out Biff Madon.

He played 4 years at Western Kentucky U., was named most valuable player in the OVC and got invited to try out by the Dallas Cowboys.
football agent

Murfreesboro, TN

#13 Jan 8, 2010
true i like biff he was one of my coach grade school that is very true biff madon and mr. hill i think is only two on this list that have went to nfl camps im not sure about any body else i think frd mabe ill see anyway keep the votes coming come get the truth
Yea But

Bolivar, TN

#14 Jan 8, 2010
Yea but Biff isn't considered a pineville guy anymore. He betrayed his school and run off to corbin while funneling money to Bell. Don't even mention him on here, it's degrading to all the others who have been true to their school.
MAYOR

Hazard, KY

#15 Jan 8, 2010
First off, Johnny Lewis would have never hit the field if he hadn't come in with Saylor, he sucked , can't beleive anyone would put his name up on a poll, he was the main reason Pikeville ended their season in the playoffs.

Pineville had a lot of great players back in the day, names I can't remember. Ones that I can think of from the past would be: Bill Adams, Orvil Ingel and his son Doug. Much of my time watching Pinevile would have been with the early 1985-1992.

Those players that I think were great:

Mike Allen, Mike Duvall (RIP), Mike Zackery, Eric & Mark Woolum, Lee Jeffrey, Britt Napier, Tim Simpson, Ben Burger, Tim Allen, John Collins, Jon Evans, Boby Hendrickson, others I can't remember.

Only ones out of the above that I know of theat played any college football was Mark Woolum and Lee Jeffrey, both at EKU, I don't think they played all four years there.

Pineville needs to re-establish the pride it once had. They had a good team this year, should have had a better record than what it shows, they just couldn't put it all together to hold on in the end. PHS will be back one day.
pineville fan

Pineville, KY

#16 Jan 8, 2010
Yea But wrote:
Yea but Biff isn't considered a pineville guy anymore. He betrayed his school and run off to corbin while funneling money to Bell. Don't even mention him on here, it's degrading to all the others who have been true to their school.
Seems like he was one of the smart ones. He left with his child before it hit rock bottom. Believe me it has hit rock bottom. Anybody that says they wouldn't move their kid to a better program, If their kid has any ability is stupid and selfish. Do what is best for your child, not what is good for you or any one else.
PHS Alum

Anderson, SC

#17 Jan 8, 2010
Yea But wrote:
What a stupid post. People like you are the reason Pineville has sunk to where it is.
jack

Georgetown, KY

#18 Jan 8, 2010
There is no way to chose one individual player. Pound for pound, there has never been such an aggressive and talented player as Fred Roper.
He was the defense from end to end. Your question is like asking who was the best pro football player in history. You could do generational groups or player of the decade, but that also would be very difficult; ie, Darren Howard, Tuck
Woolum, or Issiah Hill from the 70,s. You see, I have already left out at least 12 with similar ability.
football agent

Murfreesboro, TN

#19 Jan 8, 2010
jack wrote:
There is no way to chose one individual player. Pound for pound, there has never been such an aggressive and talented player as Fred Roper.
He was the defense from end to end. Your question is like asking who was the best pro football player in history. You could do generational groups or player of the decade, but that also would be very difficult; ie, Darren Howard, Tuck
Woolum, or Issiah Hill from the 70,s. You see, I have already left out at least 12 with similar ability.
i understand what your saying but where poll it for raw uncut talent fred roper i heard was good but not in this poll later on where going to do a poll of qb rb ot wr lb de dt db stay tuned for that later keep the votes coming come and get the truth we will be back on top in do time do time
Howbout

AOL

#20 Jan 9, 2010
Howbout Dline Donnie Wilson (pure Hustle), Oline Eddie Terry (Punishing left O Tackle) anddd best LB ever, Tim Stephens???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why no body running against Eulene ?? 28 min wolf 8
Poll what about Justin Goodin (Nov '08) 2 hr Haley 14
How long after eviction do you have to be out? (May '09) 5 hr Gusto 56
Who's saleing cooter 7 hr Cooter hunter 4
brian or scott collins (Aug '09) 8 hr Notsurewhouare 22
Cheating wives 14 hr The truth 18
Anyone interested in a homeschool group? (Apr '10) 21 hr homeschoolers rock 7

Pineville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance