Should The People Be Allowed To Vote ...

Should The People Be Allowed To Vote For Bell County Superintendent ?

Created by Poll on Jul 2, 2012

167 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
wechoose4you

Winchester, KY

#1 Jul 2, 2012
The people cant tell us what to do!
Truth

Winchester, KY

#2 Jul 4, 2012
Without a vote you are sure to end up with a group of board members who can do whatever they want with tax payer dollars through under the table deals.As it stands we only have one member on the board who is watching out for us the people who will pay for all these double salaries and a increase in central office.
Truth

Winchester, KY

#3 Jul 4, 2012
Lets VOTE !
Truth

Winchester, KY

#4 Jul 4, 2012
Yes !
Raise TAXES For Yvonne

Winchester, KY

#5 Jul 4, 2012
Dont let them take your rights away its your money they are spending !Lets pick our won Superintendent!
Raise TAXES For Yvonne

Winchester, KY

#6 Jul 4, 2012
Don't let them take your rights away its your money they are spending !Lets pick our own Superintendent!
We Should Vote

Höst, Germany

#7 Jul 4, 2012
If a school board were dishonest and doing under the table deals its easy to get a superintendent who goes along with their dishonesty.If we vote they cant appoint one of their own. Its not as easy for them to cheat the people and steal taxpayer dollars or waste taxpayer dollars.
Sympathize

Germany

#8 Jul 4, 2012
I feel sorry for the people of Bell County they are facing what many counties were having to deal with such as huge central offices and spending.I have seen superintendents pay family and friends big money for nothing and I have saw teachers ,aides, and lunch room employees being let go to allow for more and more useless hiring.I think a vote would insure more accountability within the system get rid of some of the deep rooted politics that grab on to these superintendents and board members and get some of these people out of the way so progress can be made in a school.Bell really had a great superintendent and had made so much progress.Its sad the system failed to come up with a suitable candidate or keep the man they had.The people have a right to complain.
Right

Lerum, Sweden

#9 Jul 7, 2012
I think The People should get a chance to vote for superintendent.
Laurel Hill

Winchester, KY

#10 Jul 10, 2012
YES !
Acting

United States

#11 Jul 18, 2012
When you look at both Gilliam and Thompson there is no comparison. He has a heart and it is not just for show. Gillam is a great actor and wants peope to think she genuinely cares, but it is all an act so I act like I care about her which is not true. I know it is not right, but to survive with her you must think she s absolutely wonderful. She is so egotistic and her board as she calls them are bad bad people for the Bell County School System. She caters to them and they are either so naive or just plan dumb they eat it up. I am hearing she has fulfilled promises for some of the by hiring their buddies. Doesn't this make you think they ave the best interest of the children of Bell County, NOT. They are pathetic and a disgrace to Bell County. I will keep you posted, but remember act like they do when you see them because if not you will be in trouble. Yvonne you are so wonderful, ha ha!
More Unemployed

Richmond, KY

#13 Jul 26, 2012
We should vote for Superintendent
great 8

Murray, KY

#14 Jul 26, 2012
everyone did get a vote when they elected their school board members if you don't like who they chose for superintendent then you should pick who you vote for more wisely next time
Truth

Harrogate, TN

#15 Jul 26, 2012
great 8 wrote:
everyone did get a vote when they elected their school board members if you don't like who they chose for superintendent then you should pick who you vote for more wisely next time
You know people never expected these board members to hire Yvonne Gilliam back because of her past history. I am a voter and my board member definitely did not vote for the best superintendent. What that means is I did not have a vote or a board member who cared about the children of Bell County. My board member had said many times they would never vote for Gilliam, but look what Eulene did. She is a liar and only interested in what she gains personally for herself and friends.
great 8

Murray, KY

#16 Jul 26, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You know people never expected these board members to hire Yvonne Gilliam back because of her past history. I am a voter and my board member definitely did not vote for the best superintendent. What that means is I did not have a vote or a board member who cared about the children of Bell County. My board member had said many times they would never vote for Gilliam, but look what Eulene did. She is a liar and only interested in what she gains personally for herself and friends.
did you ask your board member who they would vote for I doubt it you voted for them because you hoped they would help you if you wanted them to I bet you never asked them anything but if they would help you or not
What

Langley, KY

#17 Jul 27, 2012
great 8 wrote:
<quoted text>
did you ask your board member who they would vote for I doubt it you voted for them because you hoped they would help you if you wanted them to I bet you never asked them anything but if they would help you or not
You make no sense!
great 8

Murray, KY

#18 Jul 27, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>
You make no sense!
you people make no sense you all knew that they would never vote for George again and yet you all put the same people right back on the board I guess everyone but you knew what was coming
Recall

San Jose, CA

#19 Jul 31, 2012
I hope someone goes all the way to Frankfort with this one because the people would NEVER put some one in charge like Gilliam !Thompson was a good superintendent and now the school system is destroyed !
great 8

Murray, KY

#20 Aug 3, 2012
Recall wrote:
I hope someone goes all the way to Frankfort with this one because the people would NEVER put some one in charge like Gilliam !Thompson was a good superintendent and now the school system is destroyed !
go anywhere you like but you will find when you get back that Yvonne is still superintendent when you do get back so do all you like still won't change nothing

“Either #1 Or Off By One”

Since: Dec 10

San Antonio, TX

#21 Aug 3, 2012
great 8 wrote:
<quoted text>
go anywhere you like but you will find when you get back that Yvonne is still superintendent when you do get back so do all you like still won't change nothing
Same old Bell County. Its a small group controlling everything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Valerie Hoskins Cooper (Feb '10) 10 min Mmmmm 17
who? (Oct '08) 3 hr Mandy5857 4
Bell theater 8 hr mee 3
COLBY setting fires? 10 hr in the park 20
Pot Growers and The Fires 12 hr blah 10
News Cawoods celebrate 50 years - 12 hr blah 5
Chad Shannon 12 hr blah 3

Pineville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pineville Mortgages