has any one who had the flu.did you g...

has any one who had the flu.did you get a rash after the flu

Posted in the Pineville Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
jamie

United States

#1 Feb 21, 2009
Just wondering if any one got a rash after the flu.Covered up in a rash no temp just real itchy rash.
allergic reaction

Mayfield, KY

#2 Feb 21, 2009
could it be an allergic reaction to some of the medicine u may hv taken while sick? Try soaking in baking soda and warm water...hydrocortisone cream is good to relieve itching as well.
allergic reaction

Mayfield, KY

#3 Feb 21, 2009
I would also see a doctor when u can...
bird dog

United States

#4 Feb 21, 2009
allergic reaction wrote:
could it be an allergic reaction to some of the medicine u may hv taken while sick? Try soaking in baking soda and warm water...hydrocortisone cream is good to relieve itching as well.
looks like i have had red dye all over my body
.Think you for the info
bird dog

United States

#5 Feb 21, 2009
sorrie you was talking to Jamie but i also had the flu and a rash on my chest. And i look like some one put red dye all over me my legs are covered from the top my head to my toes iam covered in rash.All i took was tammi flu pills.
Grandma

Pineville, KY

#6 Feb 21, 2009
My grandson broke out in a rash like sandpaper after he had the flu...they said it was caused by strepp...don't know if that is spelled right..
bird dog

United States

#7 Feb 21, 2009
Grandma wrote:
My grandson broke out in a rash like sandpaper after he had the flu...they said it was caused by strepp...don't know if that is spelled right..
Isn't that like the sore throat they did a throat culture on me. two shots in the butt made my leg hurt really bad.Think you for the info
Its a rash

Harrogate, TN

#8 Feb 21, 2009
My daughter broke out one time with a rash all over, but mostly on her chest and back. No other symptoms, except the week before she was cranky and low fever...she was about 2. The doctor told me that after certain viruses your body will make a rash...it's the last sign of the virus, like saying it's gone. I thought it was strange, but I've told several people this through the years, and it turns out to happen more often than you think.
sick

Fulton, KY

#9 Feb 22, 2009
my little girl (she is 2) does that everytime she has the flu. and scratches like mad- her doctor never seemed concerned. It always goes away on its own.
Normal in some

Macon, GA

#10 Feb 22, 2009
My daughter also did this, and sometimes it comes back when she runs a high fever too. But it always goes away and I even took her to the doc just in case and he said it was from a virus too.
how about

Harlan, KY

#11 Feb 26, 2009
what about a rash with your joints hurting
hurting in the hands
and then knees and feet
Well

Murray, KY

#12 Feb 26, 2009
I had the samething except I didnt get a rash, my throat was killing me, my ears got stopped up, my nose was stuffy, my head felt like it was gonna explode, my eyes burnt, I had a fever, and my joints hurt
Rash after flu

College Station, TX

#13 Oct 18, 2009
Yes, my son & I both had the flu & the rash showed up after the flu symptoms went away. I began using hydrocortizone cream immediately. However, my son also developed a sinus infection. When I took him in for the sinus infection the doc also looked at both of our rashes. He said we must have gotten into poision ivy or something. But....my son started on antibiotics for the sinus infecton & his rash is gone. I'm still using hydrocortisone & still have the rash. I I I also saw my dermatologist and my internist. Both think it's "contact dermatitis" & recommended hydrocortisone cream. I think it's left over virus. Guess I'll go back in this week.
Concerned

New Tazewell, TN

#14 Oct 18, 2009
Rash after flu wrote:
Yes, my son & I both had the flu & the rash showed up after the flu symptoms went away. I began using hydrocortizone cream immediately. However, my son also developed a sinus infection. When I took him in for the sinus infection the doc also looked at both of our rashes. He said we must have gotten into poision ivy or something. But....my son started on antibiotics for the sinus infecton & his rash is gone. I'm still using hydrocortisone & still have the rash. I I I also saw my dermatologist and my internist. Both think it's "contact dermatitis" & recommended hydrocortisone cream. I think it's left over virus. Guess I'll go back in this week.
If you had flu symptoms, it may be Mono. With the rash and all. My daughter had that. She had flu like symptoms, and a rash. I took her to the doctor and that's what it was. Maybe you need to get it checked out. I hope everything turns out okay. GOD BLESS...
Still sick in 30134

Buford, GA

#15 Nov 24, 2009
Both me and my youngest son are still both coughing like mad, he is covered in a fine rash on his chest and back and achey joints. I have a fever blister, great!:-0. Oh yeah, I'm easily tired. Other than that, we are mending. But the rash has my attention, I wanted to make sure it was not a sign, but a result.
It sounds like

Ooltewah, TN

#16 Nov 24, 2009
I'm sorry to say, but it sounds like mono to me. It's on a rampage here!(Concerned) is right, the symptoms you have, are that of mono. Strep also is on the rise too! That's where the rash hits you is on the belly, and chest. I hope you get better. Go to the doc and get a penicillin, and a steroid shot. That's what I got, and feel so much better. I too couldn't hardly go, was so tired, and had flu like symptoms. It might be worse if you don't go and get some blood work done. Have a good day.
KMJ

Conway, SC

#17 Dec 2, 2009
jamie wrote:
Just wondering if any one got a rash after the flu.Covered up in a rash no temp just real itchy rash.
I had the h1n1 flu and now have a terriby itchy rash all over my chest and neck. My Dr thought it was a food allergy, but I disagree as I have read numerous reports of people having a rash after the flu. I even wrote to the CDC about it, but they didn't answer my question directly. I also personally know others who have had the rash after the flu. I'd like to know how long it lasts! I had a shot of prendisone and it's helped a little.
rash

Pineville, KY

#18 Dec 2, 2009
my baby and I have had the flu and we too have had a rash. My son actually broke out about two months ago all over. I thought he had measles but when I took him to the doctor she said it was an infection he had and it was coming out on him. It went away in about 3 weeks. Mine however is now, I am broke out on my face, neck, and chest looks like a heat rash sort of and it itches I have had it for about 2 weeks. I thought I was having an allergic reaction to my shampoo but that is not it. I am taking Cipro now nad the rash has gotten somewhat better. And I also have had 3 fever blisters. I was wondering about this rash if it too was maybe an infection of some sort. I look terrible.
rash

Pineville, KY

#19 Dec 2, 2009
Oh yeah- and I am so tired. Almost, can't function and I ache all over. But the lack of energy is horrible.
helen

Perth, Australia

#20 Dec 4, 2009
I had the flu earlier this week (don't know if it was h1n1 or seasonal variety) and still have the cough and mild symptoms. I started to get a rash on my hands 2 days ago and just this evening have broken out in a rash on my feet too. It sounds completely different from the rash other people are complaining of. I thought it might be an allergy to something I was taking so I haven't taken anything for the last 25 hours and the rash is still getting worse. I was just wondering if the rash is simply another symptom of the flu or if I have a coincidental allergy...?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can u still ride atv at wilderness off road park 6 hr Bell citizen 2
Golf course is in a water hole 6 hr Concerned 14
Mark Wilder Stalker 9 hr Need to know 9
Mtn Drive Wildlife Park (Apr '16) 9 hr Bell Crooks 40
What ever become of these people 9 hr linda 8
Where's he been (Aug '16) 10 hr Need to know 7
Lighthouse Homeless Shelter 11 hr Leach 29

Pineville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance