Nursing home worker accused of abusin...

Nursing home worker accused of abusing patient

There are 78 comments on the Lexington Herald-Leader story from Mar 2, 2010, titled Nursing home worker accused of abusing patient. In it, Lexington Herald-Leader reports that:

A former nursing assistant was charged Monday in connection with the abuse of a patient at Britthaven Nursing Home in Pineville, according to Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway's office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lexington Herald-Leader.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
worked there

Brownsville, TN

#1 Mar 3, 2010
hes right where he needs to be them people needed his help and he goes and hit on them take him out back of the wood shed
RAW

Anderson, SC

#2 Mar 3, 2010
Is there something more to the story the rest of us don't know about? I read about this and it didn't say anything about someone hitting on anybody. Someone referred to it as an "isolated incident." But, I agree, it is horrible all around. But if there's something more to it, then something more needs to be done. He's only facing a year, if he's proven guilty.
love my job

Gwynneville, IN

#3 Mar 3, 2010
It takes one sick person to do what he done. From my understanding this shouldve been done long ago with him. In my opinion it should be upgraded to manslater or murder because the person died. He is right where he needs to be, You know for some of those ppl who are in nursing homes we are all the family they have so why not take care of them like they are family. If it had been reported they way it's supposed to be he may not be where he is today.
What

Murray, KY

#4 Mar 3, 2010
I have been out of town for a week and what is this all about? I have no clue as to what has happened-please fill me in.- Thanks
RAW

Anderson, SC

#5 Mar 3, 2010
It sounds like there is a great deal more to this story. My mom is a CNA and I have the greatest respect for her. If you don't know how to do the job right or you don't have the right temperment for that job, do not do it. They need special care and it takes special people to do that job. I hate it when I see something like this. It drags the whole profession down, and that's a shame. But the real shame of it is when someone gets mistreated like this and they get slapped on the wrists.
iknow

Jackson, KY

#6 Mar 4, 2010
I went to school with Lynwood Bauer (the accused), I've known him for YEARS, my spouse has known him for years, and I even knew him while he was working there. He is the type of person who should have NEVER went into the healthcare field. No one who worked with him could stand him because he was so lazy. Administration should have let him go long before this happened. He deserves more than a year...

Since: Dec 09

Brownsville, TN

#7 Mar 4, 2010
You nailed it right on the head iknow. That boy (he doesn't even deserve to be called a man) is a lazy bum who doesn't do anything properly, he will do things the way HE wants to do them.

With this poor man's death, I'm surprised this has not been upgraded to reckless homicide at least. Right now he faces a maximum of one year, he deserves A LOT longer than that.

If I was a member of the deceased family and I heard that he was only charged with "reckless abuse" and not something more serious then I'd been burning up the phone line to Karen Green Blondell and other state officials to get the charges upgraded.

One year is not enough for this boy to learn his lesson. I think he needs go serve some hard time in the KY state prison and not a one year vacation at the "Bell County Hilton" as what it looks like he is going to get now.
So sad

Tazewell, TN

#8 Mar 4, 2010
Cornel Bogey wrote:
You nailed it right on the head iknow. That boy (he doesn't even deserve to be called a man) is a lazy bum who doesn't do anything properly, he will do things the way HE wants to do them.
With this poor man's death, I'm surprised this has not been upgraded to reckless homicide at least. Right now he faces a maximum of one year, he deserves A LOT longer than that.
If I was a member of the deceased family and I heard that he was only charged with "reckless abuse" and not something more serious then I'd been burning up the phone line to Karen Green Blondell and other state officials to get the charges upgraded.
One year is not enough for this boy to learn his lesson. I think he needs go serve some hard time in the KY state prison and not a one year vacation at the "Bell County Hilton" as what it looks like he is going to get now.
I don't know the guy, but sounds to me like he needs to be abused like he did that patient. Suffer slowly, and then that would be too good for scum like that !
hello

Pineville, KY

#9 Mar 4, 2010
the rule is to do a urine drug screen when a employee causes a injury to a resident to determine if he is impaired i heard one was collected but was found days later in fridge oops someone messed up
Confused

Knoxville, TN

#10 Mar 4, 2010
Cornel Bogey wrote:
You nailed it right on the head iknow. That boy (he doesn't even deserve to be called a man) is a lazy bum who doesn't do anything properly, he will do things the way HE wants to do them.
With this poor man's death, I'm surprised this has not been upgraded to reckless homicide at least. Right now he faces a maximum of one year, he deserves A LOT longer than that.
If I was a member of the deceased family and I heard that he was only charged with "reckless abuse" and not something more serious then I'd been burning up the phone line to Karen Green Blondell and other state officials to get the charges upgraded.
One year is not enough for this boy to learn his lesson. I think he needs go serve some hard time in the KY state prison and not a one year vacation at the "Bell County Hilton" as what it looks like he is going to get now.
All posts on here keep saying he hit the patient?? The story in the paper did not say anything about intentionally. Does anyone know the real truth?
disgusted

Pineville, KY

#11 Mar 4, 2010
this is the reason britthaven has a bad name i wouldn't send somebody that i hate to that place. i used to work as a cna & i took care of those people like i would a grandparent. this is a shame.
wondering

Pineville, KY

#12 Mar 4, 2010
did he kill the resident?
hello

Pineville, KY

#13 Mar 4, 2010
click onto FULL STORY;LEXINGTON HERALD For more details
consider this

Pineville, KY

#14 Mar 4, 2010
who u have in charge can make a big impact on a place starting at the top u are only as strong as your leader you dont know whats going on unless u get out of the office and who is hired for positions can make a difference for the patients first and the employees
honestly

Murray, KY

#15 Mar 4, 2010
Confused wrote:
<quoted text>All posts on here keep saying he hit the patient?? The story in the paper did not say anything about intentionally. Does anyone know the real truth?
When a person hits a old person it is intentionally.My heart breaks for the family,the patient.I know if it was my family member I'd kick his tale,he wouldnt have to worry about going to jail.I hope hes charged and convicted to the fullest extent.If a person wants to work with the elderly they have to have patience,love...I work with the elderly,it takes a heart to do this kind of work.
ky girl

Brownsville, TN

#16 Mar 4, 2010
honestly wrote:
<quoted text>When a person hits a old person it is intentionally.My heart breaks for the family,the patient.I know if it was my family member I'd kick his tale,he wouldnt have to worry about going to jail.I hope hes charged and convicted to the fullest extent.If a person wants to work with the elderly they have to have patience,love...I work with the elderly,it takes a heart to do this kind of work.
AMAN i work with them to for the pass 17 years you have to have patient.hes needs to be beat too
having heart

Murray, KY

#17 Mar 4, 2010
ky girl wrote:
<quoted text>AMAN i work with them to for the pass 17 years you have to have patient.hes needs to be beat too
I dont understand why a person would do this to a old person.I wonder if he has kids.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#18 Mar 4, 2010
having heart wrote:
<quoted text>I dont understand why a person would do this to a old person.I wonder if he has kids.
i hope he dont if so makes you wounder huh.i dont understand people in this world anymore
curious

United States

#19 Mar 4, 2010
oh my goodness! i think i went to school with him too. you have to have no heart if you hit old people like that. thats is just sooo wrong!!! found him listed in the detention. his bond is $500,000. look for yourself.
www.bellcountydetention.com
this is crazy

Gwynneville, IN

#20 Mar 4, 2010
He never hit him he left him sitting on side of the bed paralized and he fell in the floor and hit his head and never reported it to the nurses on the floor just picked him up and put him in the bed and braged to other coworks in the following days after they discovered something was worng with him, thats when the got rid of him.. Too late then huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man found passed out at Walmart - 1 hr pray 6
Poll Did you notice a huge increase in your water bill? 3 hr Matt 18
jimmy rose 6 hr Tina 28
Keeping Grandkids away from Grandparents.. (Apr '10) 11 hr SimplyMe 194
Trafficking roundup 20 hr in the know 29
Trissa Mcgeorge 20 hr BILLY 14
BCHS Football 2017 21 hr Knox Girl 22

Pineville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pineville Mortgages