First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Biker Man

Corbin, KY

#25 Feb 9, 2014
bridge to nowhere wrote:
<quoted text>
Try again. Anything outside the current city limits IS county. Says in the paper Pineville wants to annex 25E all the way to Knox county and over to Middlesboro. Any business next to the road would be considered in the city. Nobody wants to be part of Pineville and pay city tax for absolutely nothing. All we need is for the kingpin to get out of prison and his buddy Scott be in charge. Just like old times - no thanks.
I see you bought the Bob Madon line on the water company. It started out being Pineville- BELL COUNTY water company. Then you know who took it over and we started pumping half the water out to nobody paying a bill. That's why everybody else saw their bill triple. We can't afford that again.
No, you are wrong. It is the Pineville Utility Commission. The Pineville city council sets water rates, not the county. Nobody's bill has tripled. New lines had surcharges to finance bonds issued by the City of Pineville to pay for construction. Those come off when the bonds are paid.
Chained Rocker

Corbin, KY

#26 Feb 9, 2014
Biker Man wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are wrong. It is the Pineville Utility Commission. The Pineville city council sets water rates, not the county. Nobody's bill has tripled. New lines had surcharges to finance bonds issued by the City of Pineville to pay for construction. Those come off when the bonds are paid.
True. Its also true that the city cannot annex territory without a vote within the territory proposed to be annexed.
Fools

Chattanooga, TN

#27 Feb 9, 2014
Biker Man wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are wrong. It is the Pineville Utility Commission. The Pineville city council sets water rates, not the county. Nobody's bill has tripled. New lines had surcharges to finance bonds issued by the City of Pineville to pay for construction. Those come off when the bonds are paid.
It is NOW. Didn't start out that way - check the record. Got the stubs to prove bills have tripled. And how many people do you suppose live on 25E right of way?
Lucy

East Point, KY

#28 Feb 14, 2014
scrooge wrote:
The latest scheme appears to be getting a Madon back in as mayor and annexing most of 25-E. If that happens, you'll need to go through Pineville to run a business on your county property. The Slushers will get everything for free like always but everyone outside the circle will have to pay up. FIGHT the annexation!
I don't know what kind of drug you are on, or if you are just that stupid. He!! Pineville can't even annex all the houses around the high rise. Go get professional help before it's too late .
Chained Rocker

Corbin, KY

#29 Feb 14, 2014
Fools wrote:
<quoted text>
It is NOW. Didn't start out that way - check the record. Got the stubs to prove bills have tripled. And how many people do you suppose live on 25E right of way?
You are exactly 100% wrong. It DID start out that way. The county never had any water system of any kind until the Pineville system expanded.
NO Annexation

United States

#30 Feb 16, 2014
Chained Rocker wrote:
<quoted text>
You are exactly 100% wrong. It DID start out that way. The county never had any water system of any kind until the Pineville system expanded.

This was a NEW water system. Notice where it's located. It was going to be Pineville-Bell County until Bob Madon decided to push everybody out so he could get family on the payroll. And you were wrong about annexation, too, if you've been reading the paper.
Chained Rocker

Corbin, KY

#31 Mar 21, 2014
NO Annexation wrote:
<quoted text>
This was a NEW water system. Notice where it's located. It was going to be Pineville-Bell County until Bob Madon decided to push everybody out so he could get family on the payroll. And you were wrong about annexation, too, if you've been reading the paper.
There was no NEW water system. It is the Pineville Water System. I was expanded into most of the county. Its structure has not changed in decades.

As for annexation, yes the city apparently is wanting to annex the highway frontage corridor going north. Sounds like a good idea to me.
Wake up

Corbin, KY

#32 Mar 21, 2014
And you forgot this you will have to pay sewer tax.what it means is if you water b ill is 50 dollars now it will be 100 doallars.ever one in pineville pays it.
land grab

United States

#33 Mar 22, 2014
Chained Rocker wrote:
<quoted text>
True. Its also true that the city cannot annex territory without a vote within the territory proposed to be annexed.

Looks like you were wrong about that. And anybody with adjoining property will be considered in the city limits. Better find some groundhogs to tax because nobody in the county wants to be in Pineville.
awful

Winchester, KY

#34 Mar 23, 2014
We cant give our houses away in this town once your in here they tax the hell out of you its like being robbed legally and its not worth it
Friends of Scotty

United States

#35 Mar 23, 2014
All those will get everything free if this guy gets back in. So the rest of you can expect to pay even more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min No Surprize 153,640
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 11 min Hmmmmmmm 5,112
Bell County back out of Federal Lunch Program F... 12 min Truth is 49
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 26,277
Who will win for pineville council 13 hr slimjim 12
Debbie Jo Partin 13 hr lmao 5
Madon again 14 hr Fan 1
•••
•••

Pineville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Pineville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Pineville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pineville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••