Bell county animal shelter wrong doi...

Bell county animal shelter wrong doing's

Posted in the Pineville Forum

Pet Lover

Anderson, SC

#1 Jan 27, 2010
Look at the Middlesboro Hot Topix post. Todays Middlesboro daily news paper article about Maxie Yoakum. Are they suppose to hold animals at the shelter for a certain time period. This is so sad. We need answers our local shelter is funded with county tax money! Policy needs to change it may be your pet next.
Animal Lover

Anderson, SC

#2 Jan 29, 2010
The article and the Topix post are full of half-truths and outright untruths being put out by Robbie Yoakum's family to try to smear his opponent in the election.

It is pathetic and makes Yoakum look terrible. I am ashamed of the Yoakums for this.
negative politics

Anderson, SC

#3 Jan 29, 2010
yes, this is a smear campaign by the yoakums, if you are a yoakum or a friend helping in the smear campaign you are giving only one side of the story, are they buying your vote already?
Dog lover

Anderson, SC

#4 Jan 29, 2010
Animal Lover wrote:
The article and the Topix post are full of half-truths and outright untruths being put out by Robbie Yoakum's family to try to smear his opponent in the election.
It is pathetic and makes Yoakum look terrible. I am ashamed of the Yoakums for this.
I suggest to you like others call Jennifer Nagle ask her,. No this is not political this is about a family that had a dog for 20 years. Jennifer new this dog put it to sleep within 2 hrs,. did not contact the family, told the family three different stories. Put your self in their place and then give Jennifer a call. No these are not lies being told about Jennifer. Pure fact! Call her
Indifference

Brownsville, TN

#5 Jan 29, 2010
Thankyou animal rights. That poor animal has been living in misery for nearly a year. Greedy emotional people trying to hold on for what? Wondering if you were going to let that poor dog rest in dignified peace or some sAY PUT IT OUT OF ITS MISERY. AGAIN DRIVE BY FEELINGS THANK YOU!!!
Dog lover

Anderson, SC

#6 Jan 29, 2010
negative politics wrote:
yes, this is a smear campaign by the yoakums, if you are a yoakum or a friend helping in the smear campaign you are giving only one side of the story, are they buying your vote already?
This is nothing absolutely nothing to do with politics. It's about a woman named Jennifer Nagle who took the life of a family's pet! Plain and simple. Why don't you contact the shelter and ask if this is true. Then you will see like so many others they killed a dog for NO reason. So stop talking about politics could care less.
negative politics

Anderson, SC

#7 Jan 30, 2010
Dog lover wrote:
<quoted text>
This is nothing absolutely nothing to do with politics. It's about a woman named Jennifer Nagle who took the life of a family's pet! Plain and simple. Why don't you contact the shelter and ask if this is true. Then you will see like so many others they killed a dog for NO reason. So stop talking about politics could care less.
yes it is all about politics and you have a political agenda, "character assassination", either you are a yoakum or a paid voter, you are continuing this nasty post several places on topix this is not classy at all, you are a very vindictive and hateful person
Grandma

Richmond, KY

#8 Jan 30, 2010
negative politics wrote:
<quoted text>
yes it is all about politics and you have a political agenda, "character assassination", either you are a yoakum or a paid voter, you are continuing this nasty post several places on topix this is not classy at all, you are a very vindictive and hateful person
I agree - nothing will bring the dog back. Good dog owners keep their pet safe inside or in a fence. If they had done that this could not have happened. Enough already.
Acumen

United States

#9 Jan 30, 2010
Dog lover wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest to you like others call Jennifer Nagle ask her,. No this is not political this is about a family that had a dog for 20 years. Jennifer new this dog put it to sleep within 2 hrs,. did not contact the family, told the family three different stories. Put your self in their place and then give Jennifer a call. No these are not lies being told about Jennifer. Pure fact! Call her
If this dog was indeed 20 years old, then it would be the equivalant to being 94 years old, in human years. Would you allow your 94 year old grandfather to wonder around on the street in bitter weather to suffer the cold? This dog should have been loved and cherished, by keeping it inside and more effort to protect it should have been made. Again, I am sorry for the loss of your pet. It is heartbreaking to lose a close friend. I have had to make the decision to let a dear pet go to rest at the age of 13,(68 in human years). My vet told me that she lived about 4 years past her average life span. How? I made sure that she was warm and dry in the winter, and cool in the summer. You have no right to make a villian out of the shelter, you are just as much responsible for the loss, by not PROTECTING YOUR 94 YEAR OLD DOG.
no politics

New Tazewell, TN

#10 Jan 30, 2010
I think both parties would agree that this is not political. Robby nor Jennifer would be this vengeful. Robby is a great guy and doesn't act like the rest of the Yoakums.
Dog lover

United States

#11 Jan 30, 2010
Acumen wrote:
<quoted text>
If this dog was indeed 20 years old, then it would be the equivalant to being 94 years old, in human years. Would you allow your 94 year old grandfather to wonder around on the street in bitter weather to suffer the cold? This dog should have been loved and cherished, by keeping it inside and more effort to protect it should have been made. Again, I am sorry for the loss of your pet. It is heartbreaking to lose a close friend. I have had to make the decision to let a dear pet go to rest at the age of 13,(68 in human years). My vet told me that she lived about 4 years past her average life span. How? I made sure that she was warm and dry in the winter, and cool in the summer. You have no right to make a villian out of the shelter, you are just as much responsible for the loss, by not PROTECTING YOUR 94 YEAR OLD DOG.
You simply don't know what you are talking about. Call the Yoakum family and talk to them. Jennifer and the Shelter was wrong. Oh and did the Vet tell you when your animal gets Old just put them to sleep. Jennifer knew this dog and who she belonged to.
Dog lover

United States

#12 Jan 30, 2010
negative politics wrote:
<quoted text>
Take it you didn't contact Jennifer did you?
Didn't have to worry about her character she has already taken care of that. She made a really bad decision and then continued to lie.
mental lover

Anderson, SC

#13 Jan 30, 2010
Dog lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Take it you didn't contact Jennifer did you?
Didn't have to worry about her character she has already taken care of that. She made a really bad decision and then continued to lie.
you are mentally ill
Acumen

Anderson, SC

#14 Jan 30, 2010
Dog lover wrote:
<quoted text>
You simply don't know what you are talking about. Call the Yoakum family and talk to them. Jennifer and the Shelter was wrong. Oh and did the Vet tell you when your animal gets Old just put them to sleep. Jennifer knew this dog and who she belonged to.
I am sure that if I called the Yoakum familiy, I would hear a different story than what is being played out on this forum. I do think that they are above this type of behavior.

And, YES, my vet did tell me that I had made the right decision to let my goldy go rest. It was time, she was suffering. NO less painful to me, but the humane thing to do. I can also tell you that she was NOT wondering the cold streets before she died. She was with me constantly until the time came that she looked at me and in her own way said "let me go rest now, I am tired and weak". My vet agreed with HER!
Just Me

Pineville, KY

#15 Jan 30, 2010
Well I know what I would do if some narrow minded [email protected] did this to my dog. I wouldn't be on here complaining. There are guidelines that the dog shelter has to follow, set in place by the fiscal court. It's up to a Vet to decide the health of a dog, not a school dropout that can't find work anywhere else. Get a lawyer and make the county pay for this stupidity. You people that bring up politics everytime something negative is put on here,you need to get of welfare and find something else to do.How many other animals has this Hitler wanna be murdered?.........Morons
Acumen

Anderson, SC

#16 Jan 30, 2010
Just Me wrote:
Well I know what I would do if some narrow minded [email protected] did this to my dog. I wouldn't be on here complaining. There are guidelines that the dog shelter has to follow, set in place by the fiscal court. It's up to a Vet to decide the health of a dog, not a school dropout that can't find work anywhere else. Get a lawyer and make the county pay for this stupidity. You people that bring up politics everytime something negative is put on here,you need to get of welfare and find something else to do.How many other animals has this Hitler wanna be murdered?.........Morons
If I were sitting on a jury, hearing this case. I would want to ask the pet owner "WHY they allowed their dog, who was obviously old and sickly, roam this streets? WHY there was no ID information on the pet?," I would also want the testimony of neighbors that had seen the pet run free for 20 years without regard to leash laws, then I would would ask the pet owner, "do you feel that you created a situation that put your dog at great risk of being harmed?" "Were you in control of your dog at all times, which is what the law demands?" If the dog was one or two blocks from his home, ALONE, with no ID, then it was out of the control of the pet owner. I would find in favor of the shelter.

I don't care what the reason was that the collar was taken off the pet, it is irresponsible. There are many lightweight collars available that could have solved this problem, but not the problem of the owners being irresponsible pet owners.

I don't care who you are, you have absolutely NO RIGHT to flaunt the law and allow your pets to roam free for 20 years.(I am NOT speaking of a pet that is kept in a fence and escapes.) Let me say this one more time, be good pet parents, care for them, protect them, keep them in your control at all times and this will not happen to your pet.
pets

Cincinnati, OH

#17 Jan 30, 2010
It is also a good idea to microchip your pet , in my area that is the first thing a shelter officer does, is to scan the pet. I have seen them reunite a pet and owner without ever putting the animal into their truck.
Just Me

Pineville, KY

#18 Jan 30, 2010
Acumen wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were sitting on a jury, hearing this case. I would want to ask the pet owner "WHY they allowed their dog, who was obviously old and sickly, roam this streets? WHY there was no ID information on the pet?," I would also want the testimony of neighbors that had seen the pet run free for 20 years without regard to leash laws, then I would would ask the pet owner, "do you feel that you created a situation that put your dog at great risk of being harmed?" "Were you in control of your dog at all times, which is what the law demands?" If the dog was one or two blocks from his home, ALONE, with no ID, then it was out of the control of the pet owner. I would find in favor of the shelter.
I don't care what the reason was that the collar was taken off the pet, it is irresponsible. There are many lightweight collars available that could have solved this problem, but not the problem of the owners being irresponsible pet owners.
I don't care who you are, you have absolutely NO RIGHT to flaunt the law and allow your pets to roam free for 20 years.(I am NOT speaking of a pet that is kept in a fence and escapes.) Let me say this one more time, be good pet parents, care for them, protect them, keep them in your control at all times and this will not happen to your pet.
Well I hope it comes down to a jury on this case, I'll volunteer. The shelter had NO right to do what they did, bypassing the rules they have, and kill this animal without giving anyone a chance to adopt it or anything. I know some people involved with the Friends of the Shelter and see if this is their policy, I don' think so. Also sent an e-mail off to the National Humane Society and ask them to investigate this. If they did this, they will pay a price. Won't look good on Albey this fall either.
Just Me

Pineville, KY

#19 Jan 30, 2010
And "Acumen" how bout you getting involved in all the illegal Tennessee tags running around here. Sounds like you are someone who likes to make sure everybody does what they are suppose to. Our state is in a bad budget deficit. All those illegals running over to Tennessee tagging their vehicles is costing Kentucky hundreds of thousands of dollars. Help us out here.
Acumen

United States

#20 Jan 30, 2010
Just Me wrote:
And "Acumen" how bout you getting involved in all the illegal Tennessee tags running around here. Sounds like you are someone who likes to make sure everybody does what they are suppose to. Our state is in a bad budget deficit. All those illegals running over to Tennessee tagging their vehicles is costing Kentucky hundreds of thousands of dollars. Help us out here.
I really don't know what I can do, that would fall under your elected officals such as the County Clerk, Sheriff, Judge Ex, and Mayors, but I will agree with you on this. I do believe that they know exactly who the violators are, and where they live. If I had the power, no one, and I mean NO ONE, I don't care who they are, or what their name is, would be living in this state and driving on a TN tag. PERIOD. I pay my taxes as many of you do, and I resent it when I see people with TN tags. So, I am with you on this one. If I was the Judge Executive, Mayor, etc in this county, I would have one person that would devote their time to tracking these individuals who avoid paying taxes in the state they live in. So on this issue, we can agree, I am glad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dorton Branch 1 hr Worm 9
Just look 2 hr Thats it 1
Golf Carts 2 hr bed bugs 12
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 4 hr -Christopher Jarvis 814
Becky Philpot 7 hr Wondering 1
jail worker arrested 7 hr mike 1
Bell County High School baseball 9 hr Blue 67

Pineville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pineville Mortgages