New Heights Church in Pineville

Posted in the Pineville Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Church Seeker

Pineville, KY

#1 May 8, 2009
Hey, does anyone know anything about this church in Pineville? I am new to the area with my family and am looking for a church. I heard about his church from someone at Rite-Aid. They said the pastor is really good and they have pretty good music. I am looking for a church that has a good children's program too. Anyone know anything????
well

Winchester, KY

#2 May 8, 2009
faith temple is a wonderful church check it out its on 25e great for the chidren
well

Winchester, KY

#3 May 8, 2009
sorry great for the children
it is True

Pineville, KY

#4 May 8, 2009
Faith Temple is OK ---but they are not a real close following bible church...The allow stuff that the bible is totally against.

Plus i heard their last pastor got in trouble for fooling around with some young girls...and he and his wife moved away.
well

Winchester, KY

#5 May 8, 2009
it is True wrote:
Faith Temple is OK ---but they are not a real close following bible church...The allow stuff that the bible is totally against.
Plus i heard their last pastor got in trouble for fooling around with some young girls...and he and his wife moved away.
I have never heard that......
it is True

Pineville, KY

#6 May 8, 2009
yep --thats what i heard ...i knew him and his wife..i always liked them..but if that was going on ..he sure didn't need to be the pastor...but need to get into the alter and repent.
Church Seeker

Pineville, KY

#7 May 9, 2009
Like what do they not follow with the Bible, It Is True?
Truth

United States

#8 May 9, 2009
I don't know much about Faith Temple. It has its detractors.

I can tell you that Mark Elkins who is the pastor at New Heights has his heart in the right place. He is there for one reason and that is because he was called by God to help the community and lead people to God. Ask him to tell you the story of how the church got started and the blessings that it has received. It is a growing church with great people. It is diverse in where it's members originated. Many of the members were not church goers but found their way to New Heights. You come as you are and it doesn't matter if you have on a suit of jeans, if you are white or brown, if you are pierced or tattooed or have had problems in the past. It is accepting and never judgmental.
checking

United States

#9 May 9, 2009
Truth wrote:
I don't know much about Faith Temple. It has its detractors.
I can tell you that Mark Elkins who is the pastor at New Heights has his heart in the right place. He is there for one reason and that is because he was called by God to help the community and lead people to God. Ask him to tell you the story of how the church got started and the blessings that it has received. It is a growing church with great people. It is diverse in where it's members originated. Many of the members were not church goers but found their way to New Heights. You come as you are and it doesn't matter if you have on a suit of jeans, if you are white or brown, if you are pierced or tattooed or have had problems in the past. It is accepting and never judgmental.
sounds like a place that i would like to go. i may just check it out. thanks.
it is True

Pineville, KY

#10 May 9, 2009
Church Seeker wrote:
Like what do they not follow with the Bible, It Is True?
They have a weird teaching on the holy Ghost,the allow women preachers,they sound the big horns before the service...but to each his own..
I think i'll just stay with the KJV .

This is not to say that there is not some good people at faith temple because there is ..i know some of them.
thanks
huh

United States

#11 May 9, 2009
what is wrong with haveing women preachers?!
not biblical

Dyer, TN

#12 May 9, 2009
huh wrote:
what is wrong with haveing women preachers?!
Its not biblical.
it is True

Pineville, KY

#13 May 9, 2009
1 timothy 2:11-14
11.Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
12.But i surrer not a woman to teach,nor usurp authority over the man,but to be in silence.
13.For Adam was first formed,then Eve.
14.And Adam was not deceived but the woman being deceived was i nthe transgression.

If that is not good enough then read
1Timothy 3:2-16

This chapter deals with bishops(preachers) saying they must be the Husband of one wife...and there is no way for a woman to be a "husband" she has to be the wife.

Plus there is others places in the bible ..one say "where these lead the people perish" These being Woman.

thanks.
I'm not trying to cause any trouble but most churches do not teach the bible correctly.
If we are to really do any good we must follow the bible,and what it teaches.
huh

United States

#14 May 9, 2009
that sounds like something from Iraq where women are 4th class citizens.
it is True

Pineville, KY

#15 May 9, 2009
Take it up woth God,Jesus & The holy Ghost..they wrote it..we are just to follow it.

This has to do with the running of the church and nothing else.
New Heights Member

Martin, KY

#16 May 11, 2009
I am a member at New Heights. I have stated on here before that I absolutely love going there. Pastor Mark is a man after God's own heart, yet has a great sense of humor. The music is GREAT! Mark's messages are always encouraging. We also have a WONDERFUL children's program. My grandchildren attend and they love it. Come see. You'll never want to leave!
hours

United States

#17 May 11, 2009
New Heights Member wrote:
I am a member at New Heights. I have stated on here before that I absolutely love going there. Pastor Mark is a man after God's own heart, yet has a great sense of humor. The music is GREAT! Mark's messages are always encouraging. We also have a WONDERFUL children's program. My grandchildren attend and they love it. Come see. You'll never want to leave!
do they have wednesday night services? if so, what time? they aren't into that "women are here to serve men" thing are they?
New Heights Member

Martin, KY

#18 May 11, 2009
Bible Study.. we are doiong FIREPROOF, from the movie, a study on marriage and relationships. We just started it. Also, the kids and youth have a program of their own. All this starts at 6:30 P.M. Hope to see ya there!
New Heights Member

Martin, KY

#19 May 11, 2009
Oh, I forgot, We are all there to serve Jesus Christ.
Blessed Mom

Knoxville, TN

#20 May 12, 2009
Finding a good church that teaches the Bible is very important. We need to study the Bible and learn from it, I know I learn something new every time and I thank GOD for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2017 Main Street Gala 29 min truth 8
Little rick and doodle who did they rob of drug... 37 min Woow 4
False "Threads" that are created CAN be removed 4 hr Rejected 3
Helton 4 hr Pville 4
Ex is dating Sarah Miracle, thoughts? Just loo... 7 hr Interesting 3
Shell station @ 119 7 hr goodness 2
Traitor republicans 7 hr Cranky1 80

Pineville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance