Soldier made famous in Iraq photo die...

Soldier made famous in Iraq photo dies in N.C.

There are 3 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Jul 4, 2008, titled Soldier made famous in Iraq photo dies in N.C.. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Comments on Topix forums : PINEHURST A former Army medic made famous by a photograph that showed him carrying an injured Iraqi boy during the first week of the war has died of an apparent overdose, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“Live, Laugh, & Love”

Since: Feb 08

#1 Jul 5, 2008
God Bless his family. You are all in my prayers.
Asheville Resident

Great Falls, MT

#2 Jul 5, 2008
Another reason that we need to get our men and women out of that war! They are coming home emotionally stressed and no decent mental help or support. It is almost like the Vietnam Vets all over again. Do we really want this for our people?

Fort Bragg, NC

#3 Jul 8, 2008
I agree, we do need to leave the War in Iraq and begin focusing on our Troopers returning with mental and phyiscal issues. But please do not critizes the medical care the Military provides. The Army put a lot of time and money into PTSD and other related issues. Most of the soldiers suffering from this do not step up and ask for help. Many of them hide and deal with the problems themselfs. If Soldiers do not mention or seek help, The Army can not treat it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinehurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Village Urges Publix Developer to Reconsider Ac... Mon Native 7
News Village Still Mulling Position on Publix Shoppi... Sep '16 Dick Tracy 2
News Developer of Publix Shopping Center to Hold Pub... Aug '16 Gerry 1
News Morganton Development Readies for Customers Jul '16 Disappointed 2
News Seven Lakes Residents Pull Together for Local P... Jul '16 EDsan 1
News Suspect Fleeing Robbins Police Officer Strikes ... May '16 bananahead 1
The Pinecrest Tent Prom (Apr '16) Apr '16 Backwoods Bob 1

Pinehurst Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance