Ozone levels spike in Wyo.; energy in...

Ozone levels spike in Wyo.; energy industry blamed

There are 12 comments on the Seattle Post-Intelligencer story from Feb 27, 2008, titled Ozone levels spike in Wyo.; energy industry blamed. In it, Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports that:

“Highway projects are going to face limits on building. Getting other industries in there besides oil and gas, it's going to be more difficult to entice them”

Wyoming regulators issued an unprecedented warning of high ozone levels in the Upper Green River Valley and pointed to the area's intensive natural gas development as the likely source. via Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Seattle Post-Intelligencer.

Steve Smith

Denver, CO

#1 Mar 23, 2008
I do believe the oil and gas industry has some effect on the ozone levals but also increases in population, snowmobiling and traffic are also to blame.
Mike

United States

#2 Mar 28, 2008
Steve Smith wrote:
I do believe the oil and gas industry has some effect on the ozone levals but also increases in population, snowmobiling and traffic are also to blame.
Dude you just don't get it. Come look at all the diesel big rigs, diesel work trucks, not to mention the gigantic diesel engines that run the rigs, and you'll easily be able to see what's causing this mess. You can't fathom it unless you live here and have watched this place change from a cold climate paradise into an industrial hell hole. There aren't snowmobiles and increased population in the Jonah Field. It all stems from a deceitful president who dismantled the environmental agencies, and threatned and bullied, and replaced those in the Interior Department with wisdom to question his National Energy Policy Act of 2005 worked out in the back room with energy companies and everone else was excluded. They got exactly what they want. Now these liars proclaim the snow is causing the ozone. I am tired of liars. Hillary, Barack, McCain, and especially that idiot Bush.
The need for new blood

Bradfordsville, KY

#3 Jul 11, 2008
Mike wrote:
<quoted text> Dude you just don't get it. Come look at all the diesel big rigs, diesel work trucks, not to mention the gigantic diesel engines that run the rigs, and you'll easily be able to see what's causing this mess. You can't fathom it unless you live here and have watched this place change from a cold climate paradise into an industrial hell hole. There aren't snowmobiles and increased population in the Jonah Field. It all stems from a deceitful president who dismantled the environmental agencies, and threatned and bullied, and replaced those in the Interior Department with wisdom to question his National Energy Policy Act of 2005 worked out in the back room with energy companies and everone else was excluded. They got exactly what they want. Now these liars proclaim the snow is causing the ozone. I am tired of liars. Hillary, Barack, McCain, and especially that idiot Bush.
I totally agree.Who do you suggest as a good president?The USA is a mess right now.I think the American people want to feel safe again,and be able to live with the gas prices.Its unreal to think how much things have changed in the past 8 years.I just visited Pinedale ,and i couldent believe the smog.I lived there for 28 years, and have been gone for 12.Its like night and day!I am sick over what money does to people.It is truly the root of all evil.
res of Pinedale

Fort Collins, CO

#4 Aug 5, 2008
Interesting.... there is a Steve Smith that lives in Pinedale and happens to be the Mayor. Just FYI for everyone out there... its Natural Gas they are pumping out of the ground here in Pinedale back door - the same stuff that heats millions of homes. They say its the cleanest. Well, they mean when it burns. What they aren’t including is the disgusting impact it creates during the drilling process. I would encourage everyone to visit the public lands that are currently being drilling in Sublette County and see first hand. Please know the facts when expressing your disgust for something - it will have more of a punch when you know what you are talking about. There are other ways of heating homes…. who knows, your current electricity provider my be purchasing their power from wind and solar farms – look into and if not, request it.
res of Pinedale

Fort Collins, CO

#5 Aug 5, 2008
I just posted and this forum is clamming I'm from Sheridan???- should be Pinedale
jay jay

Keller, TX

#6 Dec 30, 2008
alright all you two year old back to class
Wyoming born

United States

#7 Jan 10, 2009
I have seen so many changes in this state for the last 40 yrs when we use to go on family trips it was out in the wilderness and you never seen a soul now if its not a truck full of drunkin oil field hands then its them half assed trucks that was pulled out of a grave yard they do meet standards for good air. GOOOOOOOOOOOOO WIND POWER :o) I miss my ole Wyoming them days where you hung out in no were land and had a ball
uncaring resident

Cheyenne, WY

#8 Mar 11, 2009
If anybody ever bothers to read this, it's not like it will ever make any difference. no matter how often people notice govermental corruption or flaws or whatever, it will NEVER make a difference.
cody linley

Kelseyville, CA

#9 Mar 26, 2009
i read that if you plant more trees in the city,they will absorb carbon in the air. More trees is what we need and lavender plants will also absorb toxins . Someone ought to start a planting campaign in wyoming. Purple is a favorite color that I would like to see more often in the landscape.
matt lauger

Kalispell, MT

#10 Apr 9, 2009
theres a coal fired electric plant in kemerer and dont think when the wind blows in salt lake city that its smog magicly dissappears
matt lauger

Kalispell, MT

#11 Apr 9, 2009
im from boulder

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#12 Mar 5, 2012
Hello all
am hoping that although this post is a few years old someone will see and respond to this.

I am from the east, I have a daughter with 2 small sons in sublette county, in an area just now seeing the frackers moving in.

We have a ton of questions and would appreciate anyone willing to answer a few questions.

You can contact me by email here or at [email protected]

Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinedale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge who said she wouldn't marry gays fights b... Aug 25 okimar 19
News Wyoming Celebrates Tourism Week (May '13) May '16 Y Yeshet Gobena 3
Pinedale Music Forum (Dec '12) Sep '15 Musikologist 10
The Place Restaurant (Sep '15) Sep '15 Passing Through 1
From SG to KL train or bus (Jan '15) Jan '15 Arlene Zaratan 1
dad (Jan '15) Jan '15 Mattlauger 2
Work (Jan '15) Jan '15 Mattlauger 1

Pinedale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance