Though I didn't expect it, woman gave...

Though I didn't expect it, woman gave me an eyeful on my vacation

There are 38 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Aug 15, 2007, titled Though I didn't expect it, woman gave me an eyeful on my vacation. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

This was supposed to be a column about a wonderful vacation, a step back in time when I took my daughter to visit my old hometown of LaGrange, Ga., and spent four lovely nights at Callaway Gardens in Pine ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chuck Zimmerman

Wilkesboro, NC

#1 Aug 16, 2007
Dear Susan;

Pretty Funny!

The first girl I married had a nitwit for a boyfriend who was an acid freak. She maintained a relationship with him through her parents who lived 150 miles away. I found their letters & his clothes from our college days after she had moved out for the 20+ time. Anyway, about 4 years ago I saw this tall skinny, bright red-headed forlone looking dude begging for money in south GA, at a truck stop I frequent. About a month later here he was in the walmart plaza shopping center, skinnier & just plain looking like he was on his last legs. I gave him some money & he jumped up & headed for the Happy Gardens buffet. It was about ten minuites latter I realized who he was. Been laughing about it ever since.

Last winter I was in a shopping mall west of Ogelthorp, Ga getting ready to eat at a real good chinese buffet after loading at Andersonville, Ga, when a small older man asked me if I could spare some money. He went on to proclame, "man, I'm broke & I'm out of my hemmroid medication & I need it bad!" A couple of weeks latter, here he was again. He thanked me profusely for "saving his life"!
1911-govt

Maxton, NC

#3 Aug 16, 2007
I'm glad my CCW is good in Georgia.
Old Rose

Newington, CT

#4 Aug 16, 2007
Chuck Zimmerman wrote:
Dear Susan;
Pretty Funny!
The first girl I married had a nitwit for a boyfriend who was an acid freak. She maintained a relationship with him through her parents who lived 150 miles away. I found their letters & his clothes from our college days after she had moved out for the 20+ time. Anyway, about 4 years ago I saw this tall skinny, bright red-headed forlone looking dude begging for money in south GA, at a truck stop I frequent. About a month later here he was in the walmart plaza shopping center, skinnier & just plain looking like he was on his last legs. I gave him some money & he jumped up & headed for the Happy Gardens buffet. It was about ten minuites latter I realized who he was. Been laughing about it ever since.
Last winter I was in a shopping mall west of Ogelthorp, Ga getting ready to eat at a real good chinese buffet after loading at Andersonville, Ga, when a small older man asked me if I could spare some money. He went on to proclame, "man, I'm broke & I'm out of my hemmroid medication & I need it bad!" A couple of weeks latter, here he was again. He thanked me profusely for "saving his life"!
You made my day. After working with some of the people I work with, I needed a good laugh. Thanks for the chuckle!
P RADCLIFF

Travelers Rest, SC

#5 Aug 16, 2007
Great story, I am so glad you are back. I am still waiting to go on a trip with ya...

“"We have come too far, ”

Since: Apr 07

Corinth, Texas

#6 Aug 16, 2007
Dang Chucky, you actully wrote something and didn't blame the repubs or Bush for it? Maybe there's hope for you yet. Naw, the alarm clock went off and the dream was over.

Since: Feb 07

Asheville

#7 Aug 16, 2007
Does she get paid to write this stuff? it's really shocking to me that it gets in print, I've yet to see anything entertaining about her colums and certainly never felt the need to laugh. And I'm pretty sure I have a sense of humor....I'm just lost when I see people gushing and LOLing and rotfl cause I'm sitting here totally frikkin confused as to what humor I apparently missed in the article!!! I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

Transplanted

“Be No Tarheelborn”

Albermarle

#8 Aug 16, 2007
Free wrote:
Does she get paid to write this stuff? it's really shocking to me that it gets in print, I've yet to see anything entertaining about her colums and certainly never felt the need to laugh. And I'm pretty sure I have a sense of humor....I'm just lost when I see people gushing and LOLing and rotfl cause I'm sitting here totally frikkin confused as to what humor I apparently missed in the article!!! I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.
I have been saying this for quite a while now .....she babbles about things that people could really give a ratz azz about.

This women is in her own little world here
Thanks Susan

Auburn, AL

#9 Aug 16, 2007
To Free and Transplanted:
Put a sock in it. If you don't like someone's writing, stop reading it. Susan is obviously liked by many readers, or she wouldn't be in the paper. You don't have to read it, so why do you? It's not a requirement that you share every thought you have. You two are wet blankets, whiners, rainers on the parade. Find some happiness, or keep it to yourselves. You add nothing.
LBR

Auburn, AL

#10 Aug 16, 2007
Enjoyed that, Susan. Welcome back!

Asheville

#11 Aug 16, 2007
Thanks Susan wrote:
Put a sock in it. If you don't like someone's writing, stop reading it. Susan is obviously liked by many readers, or she wouldn't be in the paper. You don't have to read it, so why do you? It's not a requirement that you share every thought you have. You two are wet blankets, whiners, rainers on the parade. Find some happiness, or keep it to yourselves. You add nothing.
They find susan hilarious and we are wet blankets Trans....lol

Think I'm gonna need some anti-depressants for that wound.

Transplanted

“Be No Tarheelborn”

Albermarle

#12 Aug 16, 2007
Thanks Susan wrote:
And YOUR opinion of us matters why?
Radar

Maxton, NC

#13 Aug 16, 2007
Susan says in the article that she "was planning to blather." To be more accurate, that's all she did in this article and that's all she ever does in her articles. ACT -- please find a writer who has something meaningful to say.

Transplanted

“Be No Tarheelborn”

Albermarle

#14 Aug 16, 2007
Radar wrote:
Susan says in the article that she "was planning to blather." To be more accurate, that's all she did in this article and that's all she ever does in her articles. ACT -- please find a writer who has something meaningful to say.
I am glad I am not alone in my thinking
Radar

Maxton, NC

#15 Aug 16, 2007
Oh we're far from the only ones, Transplanted. Its nearly at epidemic levels among ACT readers now ;-)

“Why do ya need to know that?”

Leicester

#16 Aug 16, 2007
I didnt think that was funny, either. Nor would I have chosen to poke fun at someone with a glass eye, either. Whether this actually happened, or not.
rickm

Maxton, NC

#17 Aug 17, 2007
Free wrote:
Does she get paid to write this stuff?
Yes. I thought it was cutesy once but it's jumped the shark now. At least to me, sometimes it's good for a chuckle.

I was expecting her to talk about someone flashing her b00bs at her though.

Boyle was comedy gold when he'd go on his funny rants, why they reined him in is beyond me. "Man funk" always had me rolling on the floor.

Transplanted

“Be No Tarheelborn”

Albermarle

#18 Aug 17, 2007
I woke up this morning and cancelled my ACT subscription...

I cant take anymore
Susan Reinhardt

Asheville, NC

#19 Aug 17, 2007
It's the same four posters who are so negative.
Free,Radar, Transplanted, Rick m...Please don't read my stuff if it offends you.
I have two best-selling book, however, if you'd like to read more of the humor others love and you find so offensive.
AshevilleToo

Maxton, NC

#20 Aug 17, 2007
I don't think its offensive, but it sure is boring. You got it right on the 'blather' part though.
Susan Reinhardt

Asheville, NC

#21 Aug 17, 2007
books.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pine Mountain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Volunteers build family fence so dog isn't chained Sep '17 Bucket209 1
News News of Yesteryear (Mar '11) Sep '17 Tolerman 3
News Taleshia Wynder (Mar '12) Aug '17 Joceypow17 15
Wild Leap Brew Company Jul '17 Victor 1
News Artbeat of Columbus: "Welcome the Dragonflies" ... May '17 Jay Fennimore 4
News Teen bicyclist flown to Atlanta hospital follow... (Apr '17) Apr '17 The Vaginator 14
Soccer mom (Mar '16) Apr '17 The Vaginator 2

Pine Mountain Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pine Mountain Mortgages