Florissant ordinances
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Florissant neatnick

Florissant, MO

#1 Aug 25, 2012
Travel Mullanphy from Patterson. While traveling notice the mess on the right in the 800. Why does Florissant allow the unsightly site??
lacks motivation

United States

#2 Aug 25, 2012
Florissant neatnick wrote:
Travel Mullanphy from Patterson. While traveling notice the mess on the right in the 800. Why does Florissant allow the unsightly site??
Florissant more interested in speed and red light cameras then enforcing ordinances. They are lazy on code enforcement
Stats

Belleville, IL

#3 Aug 30, 2012
Leave the man alone.He was there before you and he is granfathered in.
John C Engelmeyer

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Sep 4, 2012
Florissant neatnick wrote:
Let your voices be heard. I invite you to your City Council Meeting on Monday evenings-2nd / 4th Monday @ 7:30 PM. This forum should not turn each other against each other but to embrace and help each other to accomplish and resolve these issues. The City is hosting another electronic recycling day, September 15th. Great idea and now our subdivisions and the whole community can particiapte in a similiar program to clean up, assist, help each other with necesary resources to further this accomplishment. Begin with your comments and suggestions and let US begin.
Nikki McMillan

Florissant, MO

#5 Sep 5, 2012
John C Engelmeyer wrote:
<quoted text>
Let your voices be heard. I invite you to your City Council Meeting on Monday evenings-2nd / 4th Monday @ 7:30 PM. This forum should not turn each other against each other but to embrace and help each other to accomplish and resolve these issues. The City is hosting another electronic recycling day, September 15th. Great idea and now our subdivisions and the whole community can particiapte in a similiar program to clean up, assist, help each other with necesary resources to further this accomplishment. Begin with your comments and suggestions and let US begin.
Thank you for stating my own opinion so clearly. I have a few neighbors in my subdivison who, in all the years they have lived there have never been to a city council meeting. Nor to my knowledge contacted our district representative.

Unless one gets involved in the problems facing our community in a positive way nothing, in my opinion will be resolved.
complacency rules

United States

#6 Sep 5, 2012
Nikki McMillan wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for stating my own opinion so clearly. I have a few neighbors in my subdivison who, in all the years they have lived there have never been to a city council meeting. Nor to my knowledge contacted our district representative.

Unless one gets involved in the problems facing our community in a positive way nothing, in my opinion will be resolved.
Complacency rules and elected persons count on that. If voters were truly more proactive and involved, we would have a much better government.
kadidid

Florissant, MO

#7 Sep 10, 2012
I have lived in Florissant for almost 25 years now, in the sub division down off Patterson and Humes area. I am disgusted with the down slide of this city. Making sure ordinances were adhered to used to be a top priority but not anymore. Personally, I think things started to fall apart when Mayor Lowery took over. I live next door to a house that is a trash dump and has been for the last ten years. It is now a rental and the owner is the core of the problem. He lived there for the first five years or so and it was a nasty mess then. This house does get cited by the city year after year for various things. Are there no consequences for repeat offenders? What's wrong with Florissant and what happened to their standards to let this go on for so long? I see more and more of these slum houses in this area and I worry about what is to come. Yes, myself and other neighbors have called and complained through the years and our councilman is well aware of the problems, hence the yearly citations, but never a solution.
pop

Belleville, IL

#8 Sep 10, 2012
kadidid wrote:
I have lived in Florissant for almost 25 years now, in the sub division down off Patterson and Humes area. I am disgusted with the down slide of this city. Making sure ordinances were adhered to used to be a top priority but not anymore. Personally, I think things started to fall apart when Mayor Lowery took over. I live next door to a house that is a trash dump and has been for the last ten years. It is now a rental and the owner is the core of the problem. He lived there for the first five years or so and it was a nasty mess then. This house does get cited by the city year after year for various things. Are there no consequences for repeat offenders? What's wrong with Florissant and what happened to their standards to let this go on for so long? I see more and more of these slum houses in this area and I worry about what is to come. Yes, myself and other neighbors have called and complained through the years and our councilman is well aware of the problems, hence the yearly citations, but never a solution.
I wish Mayor Eagan was still here.When he was here this was a CLEAN city
B N Flo

Florissant, MO

#9 Sep 10, 2012
I heard Flo sent a letter telling someone about their house needing repair. I know this person and home is far from run down. Honest worker and nice home. Said roof needs replaced and other stuff. When did we get a roofer doing drive by inspections for Flo. Must be pretty good to see from street.Go look for some real work cleanup in the neighborhood. My neighbors roof has had 2 storms and collected insurance with no repair done plus gutter hanging ,grass never cut,house 1/2 painted, shutters hanging and on main route. IM NOT JOKING.Where has this town gone.
anon city employee

Florissant, MO

#10 Sep 12, 2012
What is the address of the house that is a dump? Turn them in and they will be dealt with. Maybe not as fast as you would like, but there will be action. City and staff get a bad rap, but there are many good employees who live here too and care.
kadidid

Florissant, MO

#11 Sep 13, 2012
anon city employee wrote:
What is the address of the house that is a dump? Turn them in and they will be dealt with. Maybe not as fast as you would like, but there will be action. City and staff get a bad rap, but there are many good employees who live here too and care.
While I'm sure there are good city employees that care, maybe the bad rap is justified when you know what a well kept city this used to be. I don't know where in the chain of command the fault lies but let's face it, this did not happen when Mayor Eagan was in charge.
As far as turning them in, as I stated we have, so the city does have the address. If they keep records on violations they should have a thick file, as well as the police because they both have been frequent visitors through the years.As many times as the health department has been there you would think that maybe once they would just address the use of trash cans with no lids. This wouldn't be a big issue with me but they don't use trash bags, so not only do I have to pick up weekly debris but also deal with the stench,maggot flies and now,rats. Do we not have an ordinance about using cans with lids anymore? I pay a lot of taxes to live here and this is not something I think I should have to put up with. I know the city has "dealt with" and "taken action" when complaints are made and no one is bitching about how fast they respond. We get a short term fix....until the next violation. My point was, why has this been allowed to go on and on for so many years now. Slumlords should not be tolerated in this city and apparently they are.
new leadership

United States

#12 Sep 13, 2012
kadidid wrote:
<quoted text>While I'm sure there are good city employees that care, maybe the bad rap is justified when you know what a well kept city this used to be. I don't know where in the chain of command the fault lies but let's face it, this did not happen when Mayor Eagan was in charge.
As far as turning them in, as I stated we have, so the city does have the address. If they keep records on violations they should have a thick file, as well as the police because they both have been frequent visitors through the years.As many times as the health department has been there you would think that maybe once they would just address the use of trash cans with no lids. This wouldn't be a big issue with me but they don't use trash bags, so not only do I have to pick up weekly debris but also deal with the stench,maggot flies and now,rats. Do we not have an ordinance about using cans with lids anymore? I pay a lot of taxes to live here and this is not something I think I should have to put up with. I know the city has "dealt with" and "taken action" when complaints are made and no one is bitching about how fast they respond. We get a short term fix....until the next violation. My point was, why has this been allowed to go on and on for so many years now. Slumlords should not be tolerated in this city and apparently they are.
All department heads should be replaced with new, fresh, educated and skilled trained managers.
The good old boy system is failing.
baskds

Florissant, MO

#13 Sep 13, 2012
anon city employee wrote:
What is the address of the house that is a dump? Turn them in and they will be dealt with. Maybe not as fast as you would like, but there will be action. City and staff get a bad rap, but there are many good employees who live h
ere too and care.
Will not let me put NUTS so I'll do it this way......
Nicole McMillan

Florissant, MO

#14 Sep 14, 2012
kadidid wrote:
<quoted text>
While I'm sure there are good city employees that care, maybe the bad rap is justified when you know what a well kept city this used to be. I don't know where in the chain of command the fault lies but let's face it, this did not happen when Mayor Eagan was in charge.
I think you should attend a city council meeting and voice your concerns about the property in question and whatever else may be bothering you in regards to city managment in general.

Just griping on a forum is not going to change anything. Get your neighbors to sign a petition about the matter. That's exactly what we did and it did take a month or so for any action to be taken, but it was taken. That was about a year ago and so far the owners of the rental property have made certain the grass was cut, trash was properly disposed of, and so forth.
kadidid

Florissant, MO

#15 Sep 14, 2012
Nicole McMillan wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you should attend a city council meeting and voice your concerns about the property in question and whatever else may be bothering you in regards to city managment in general.
Just griping on a forum is not going to change anything. Get your neighbors to sign a petition about the matter. That's exactly what we did and it did take a month or so for any action to be taken, but it was taken. That was about a year ago and so far the owners of the rental property have made certain the grass was cut, trash was properly disposed of, and so forth.
Thanks for your suggestions. The petition idea is something my neighbor and I have talked about. How does one get information about this so it is done in the right way and is effective? I'm glad you and your neighbors got a situation resolved, sounds like the owner stepped up and is being responsible. Surely you could understand that not all owners of property will give you those results, which has been my experience.
I have to say though,I don't believe that I'm just griping on a forum and expecting change. I was just responding to the original post of this thread, giving my opinion and personal comments about what I've dealt with as far as how the city handles ordinances. Isn't that what a forum is? Clearly my posts state that I have been in touch and voiced my concerns to my councilperson. We've had many phone conversations and e-mail correspondence. He has forwarded my e-mails to the mayor's office and different department heads, why would I think appearing at a council meeting would make a difference?
persistence

United States

#16 Sep 15, 2012
Persistence Does pay off, but a person should not have to become a pain in the foot to get results.
If city department heads or police don't follow through then elected reps should be contacted for results.
All this griping can be avoided if the people in city hall would learn to properly respond and communicate.

Are most aware, councilpersons are not allowed to directly talk too or communicate with city department heads unless the mayor approves.

All communications must pass thru the mayor for approval and or sensor first.

If you want satisfaction, be persistent.
Monica

Florissant, MO

#17 Sep 17, 2012
Kadidid, I live in the same subdivision and am also frustrated with some of the same exact things you've said. Kudos to you for e-mailing your councilperson, thank you for taking that step.
Old Coot

Florissant, MO

#18 Sep 18, 2012
kadidid wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your suggestions. The petition idea is something my neighbor and I have talked about. How does one get information about this so it is done in the right way and is effective? I'm glad you and your neighbors got a situation resolved, sounds like the owner stepped up and is being responsible. Surely you could understand that not all owners of property will give you those results, which has been my experience.
I have to say though,I don't believe that I'm just griping on a forum and expecting change. I was just responding to the original post of this thread, giving my opinion and personal comments about what I've dealt with as far as how the city handles ordinances. Isn't that what a forum is? Clearly my posts state that I have been in touch and voiced my concerns to my councilperson. We've had many phone conversations and e-mail correspondence. He has forwarded my e-mails to the mayor's office and different department heads, why would I think appearing at a council meeting would make a difference?
The purpose of bringing up the issue in front of the city council is so your concerns will become a public record. That way you have confirmation that you have notified the proper officials and they need to take action.

BTW, I think you sure are sensitive. It's "obvious" to me that the poster was making a general statement and you took it as a personal matter. Which is one of the biggest problems when it comes to these forum things. People get on their high horse acting like they are being picked on when it just isn't so.
Miss Pickle

Chesterfield, MO

#19 Sep 18, 2012
Well,I speak for myself when it comes to why I have not been to City Council Meetings. Because of night blindness I cannot drive. My husband will not take me and it would be nice if neighbors would reach out to invite one another and drive a neighbor to the meetings. I would be tickled pink if someone picked me up (and I would pay for their gas of course)and took me to the meetings. Perhaps there are more people out there who are handicapped in some way and cannot get out to attend meetings.
old timer

Florissant, MO

#20 Sep 18, 2012
Miss Pickle wrote:
Well,I speak for myself when it comes to why I have not been to City Council Meetings. Because of night blindness I cannot drive. My husband will not take me and it would be nice if neighbors would reach out to invite one another and drive a neighbor to the meetings. I would be tickled pink if someone picked me up (and I would pay for their gas of course)and took me to the meetings. Perhaps there are more people out there who are handicapped in some way and cannot get out to attend meetings.
Why not try calling your Council Person, perhaps an arrangement could be made for you. Call the Mayor, he may not be aware that there are residents that want to attend but cannot drive.
If you are able, put your concerns on paper, the letters are part of public record. Do you watch the meetings on Monday nights on your tv?
Maybe a neighbor could email for you. Those communications are also public record.
Does your husband know that it is important for you to attend Council meetings?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pine Lawn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black Privilege and Racism: whites are their ow... 1 hr lol 3
News Starbucks faces image crisis after arrest of 2 ... 1 hr lol 1
Reparations 3 hr Marcus Welby 29
Smoke Breaks 6 hr Marcus Welby 1
Criminally Charge Hillary 7 hr Enter Username 55
Poll Paul Volpe of Midwest Cycle dishonest businessman? (Oct '10) 7 hr Bound4revenge 9
Progressive School Districts 10 hr jtkluempers 18

Pine Lawn Jobs

Personal Finance

Pine Lawn Mortgages