Christians what do you think about BINGO?

Posted in the Pine Knot Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“GOD IS IN CONTROL”

Since: Jan 09

Pine Knot

#1 Dec 17, 2009
Of course I want all opinions. My main question is BINGO a sin and if you think it is prove with a verse from the BIBLE.
Herewegoagain

Helenwood, TN

#2 Dec 18, 2009
Bingo is a wonderful charitable tool. It provides many dollars to charity, as it is money profits for such. In order to operate a Bingo Hall legally it has to have a legitimate recipient of such a need. Bingo also provides hours of good clean entertainment to those that would otherwise have no hobby to indulge in. My question to pray4u2 is this, when churches and church groups have rummage sales or the yard sales on church grounds, how is this money distributed? If it just goes to the upkeep of the church, tell me this; how many roofs, upgrades to electronics, upholstery, or the many illustious improvements does it provide? With a grander house of God, does this make salvation grades for better positions to God's throne? Or do the committees gather the money profits and find actual needs to be met within the area and community for which it is to serve and keep? Does the church provide substantial guidance for the under-privileged youth? Are the church members involved in their neighborhoods and communities as a whole to resolve the decay of moral fiber among the ones left to their own survival? Now, the question is "Christians What do you think about Bingo". I have stated what I, as a Christian think about Bingo. Now, would you address my questions above?
My 2 cents

Oliver Springs, TN

#3 Dec 20, 2009
pray4u2 wrote:
Of course I want all opinions. My main question is BINGO a sin and if you think it is prove with a verse from the BIBLE.
I think gambling is gambling anytime you put money to wadger with.I would go even a little bit farther and say thats what the stock market is.Now dont get all tore up until you think about it.Is that not a gamble if its not tell me how its not.I didnt say anything about it not being a sin one way or the other just somthing for you to think about.
What I think

Oneida, TN

#4 Jan 5, 2010
I think the Bible says to stay away from the appearance of all sin. I think as a Christian we are to give up anything that could hurt or hinder anyone from coming to know Christ. This topic is so controversial in such a small town, that if you participate, even if it might not technically be a sin, it becomes one just because of who you offend. Follow?
So I don't participate. I used to. But I really don't enjoy it that much, because I never won and also because of all that awful smoke in those places. I don't judge those who go, but I must keep my own conscience clear between me and my God.
Jeane

Strunk, KY

#5 Jan 23, 2010
I believe that any activity that one participates in can become a sin if you let it. For example, if one goes to Bingo and plays and has fun with family, I see no harm in it. However, if you go and you get angry and curse others or show yourself in a negative manner, then yes, it is sin. I personally do not see it as gambling because you are not placing bets against anyone else. In the Bible it speaks concerning those who placed wagers or "lots" for parts of Jesus's garment. Gambling is placing bets with another party. Chance is chance. We all take Chances everyday. When we get up and head out for work, we take the chance that we may be in an automobile crash or worse. I enjoy Bingo. It allows me to release stress. I have a question for everyone. If Bingo is sin, then is drinking beer in your own home to unwind from your work day? Is buying raffle tickets from your child's school sin? Isn't this taking a chance? I do not have all the answers to these questions. I can only say this: PRAY ABOUT IT. GOD WILL GIVE YOU THE ANSWER THAT YOU NEED.
gambler

Oneida, TN

#6 Jan 23, 2010
leagal sin??????????
Wanda

Oneida, TN

#7 Feb 6, 2010
gambler,
legal sin?? What do you mean?
Duncan

Oneida, TN

#8 May 23, 2010
if you think about it we gamble everyday in one way or another so it all depends on the biblical definition of gambling. For example, we gamble when we get in a car and drive down the road. thats taking a gamble with our lives. I dont think that any organization that helps the community with theyre profits should be deemed a sinful place of gambling.
Heres what I think

Wartburg, TN

#9 Feb 4, 2011
anything you over indulge in as in be a glutton, is a sin. Just to use Bingo as an form of clean entertainment is fine. But if every week you take money to play bingo that you actually needed to care for your family and yourself, that makes it a wrong. For something to be wrong and for something to be a sin is two entirely differnt thangs. But if something you do persecutes you and you continue to do it that is a sin.
I hate dumb people

Oneida, TN

#10 Feb 5, 2011
You all make me sick. You're if it's something "Christians" dont like then its automatically considered bad. Here's a hint, you're all retarded and you're wasting your life away.
Same all over

Huntsville, TN

#11 Feb 5, 2011
Bingo is fun and when you get away from the tunnel vision from this place churches everywhere offer it as good clean fun. Those christians will play bingo all night long in a place where nobody knows who they are!
Same all over

Huntsville, TN

#12 Feb 5, 2011
Herewegoagain wrote:
Bingo is a wonderful charitable tool. It provides many dollars to charity, as it is money profits for such. In order to operate a Bingo Hall legally it has to have a legitimate recipient of such a need. Bingo also provides hours of good clean entertainment to those that would otherwise have no hobby to indulge in. My question to pray4u2 is this, when churches and church groups have rummage sales or the yard sales on church grounds, how is this money distributed? If it just goes to the upkeep of the church, tell me this; how many roofs, upgrades to electronics, upholstery, or the many illustious improvements does it provide? With a grander house of God, does this make salvation grades for better positions to God's throne? Or do the committees gather the money profits and find actual needs to be met within the area and community for which it is to serve and keep? Does the church provide substantial guidance for the under-privileged youth? Are the church members involved in their neighborhoods and communities as a whole to resolve the decay of moral fiber among the ones left to their own survival? Now, the question is "Christians What do you think about Bingo". I have stated what I, as a Christian think about Bingo. Now, would you address my questions above?
You've raised some very good points! After all, isn't charity one of the duties all christians must have from the start? I believe if one would look it up that is on the list.

Very Good.
Filthy Lucre

Stearns, KY

#13 Feb 5, 2011
Same all over wrote:
<quoted text>
You've raised some very good points! After all, isn't charity one of the duties all christians must have from the start? I believe if one would look it up that is on the list.
Very Good.
For the one that said driving is gambling, its not gambling, its taking a chance.

Yes, charity is a good Christians duty but don't try and make it look like gambling is charity.

Money or at least something of value is ALWAYS included in gambling. If you put money up front in the hopes you get more in return, then its gambling. Do you know where every penny made from bingo goes, you would be surprised? If you want to make a charitable donation you don't need to support those who make a living from gambling/bingo.

As with all gambling, the house ALWAYS wins, wake up people.

Remember, "the lust for money is the root of all evil".
Rufus

Oneida, TN

#14 Feb 5, 2011
You are gambling if you give money to the church. There is a chance you might loose. Going to church is like driving you are taking a chance.
Filthy Lucre

Stearns, KY

#15 Feb 5, 2011
Charity is the pure love of Christ. Don't mistake giving money to a church as charity unless you are absolutely sure all the money goes to help the poor and not to keep the church bills paid.

I know for sure that when you personally help the poor and needy, you will be blessed. I have heard some people say that by giving money to a church, they are helping the poor and sometimes it works that way but not always. Jesus threw the money changers out of the Temple because they were cheating the people so it is our duty to know for sure.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#16 Feb 5, 2011
Ah, but lucre is something none of us could live very long without!
come on

Oliver Springs, TN

#17 Mar 4, 2011
okay i kind of agree with the 2nd post. but the part i dont agree with is bigno being any type of good. The bible is against all gambling. They are seeking money and yes that is the root of all evil. when your talking about the bigno halls around hear, you need to go look at one and watch all the people that pass pills cocaine and pot around. You can sit and watch woman and men nod out and not be able to play there cards. There are people that go and spend there whole months check or trade food stamps for cash for bigno night, all while there poor children do with out food. and you wonder why kids get started on drugs early. When you do drugs you dont feel as much hunger. No bingo all the reasoning for all drugs in the county. but it sure dont help. Honestly you would have less problems opening up a full service bar than keeping the bingo halls opend around hear. As for church and bingo's, STILL WRONG. Its still a form of gambling. your seeking to win. And yes driving is a type of gamble if you want to look at it that way. but so is talking to a stranger( whose to say they wont pull a gun on you) everything you do in life can be looked at as a gamble. But that is only if your seeking to win something that is not already yours. YOU ARE NOT Suppose TP LUST OVER SOMETHING THAT BELONGS TO Some One ELSE. plain and simple. and what about all those old lady's at the bingo halls who start hollering out cheater cheater when someone does win. Jealously. then they get Anger because they didn't win. So yes i consider bingo evil and wrong and a big Sin. and anyone who stands up for it, needs to take a preacher with them into the bingo halls for one night, and have him point out all sin.
Honestly do you think God would put up with that? I dont. and yes there are some good people that go there. but also you are not to associate with people who do wrong or you will fallow in there paths. The path to God is short and narrow, and bigno is way off course.
If the town is so worried about making this town drug free, then maybe they should start sending under cover agents to the bigno halls.
Creamofsumyungui

Oneida, TN

#18 Mar 4, 2011
come on wrote:
okay i kind of agree with the 2nd post. but the part i dont agree with is bigno being any type of good. The bible is against all gambling. They are seeking money and yes that is the root of all evil. when your talking about the bigno halls around hear, you need to go look at one and watch all the people that pass pills cocaine and pot around. You can sit and watch woman and men nod out and not be able to play there cards. There are people that go and spend there whole months check or trade food stamps for cash for bigno night, all while there poor children do with out food. and you wonder why kids get started on drugs early. When you do drugs you dont feel as much hunger. No bingo all the reasoning for all drugs in the county. but it sure dont help. Honestly you would have less problems opening up a full service bar than keeping the bingo halls opend around hear. As for church and bingo's, STILL WRONG. Its still a form of gambling. your seeking to win. And yes driving is a type of gamble if you want to look at it that way. but so is talking to a stranger( whose to say they wont pull a gun on you) everything you do in life can be looked at as a gamble. But that is only if your seeking to win something that is not already yours. YOU ARE NOT Suppose TP LUST OVER SOMETHING THAT BELONGS TO Some One ELSE. plain and simple. and what about all those old lady's at the bingo halls who start hollering out cheater cheater when someone does win. Jealously. then they get Anger because they didn't win. So yes i consider bingo evil and wrong and a big Sin. and anyone who stands up for it, needs to take a preacher with them into the bingo halls for one night, and have him point out all sin.
Honestly do you think God would put up with that? I dont. and yes there are some good people that go there. but also you are not to associate with people who do wrong or you will fallow in there paths. The path to God is short and narrow, and bigno is way off course.
If the town is so worried about making this town drug free, then maybe they should start sending under cover agents to the bigno halls.
first off, the whole God thing is your belief. I dont believe in God therefore I dont believe in sin. I've been a bingo child all my life. My mother, grandmother, aunts, uncles, everyone go to bingo. There's NOTHING wrong with it. It's just good clean fun. As for all the people that are doing/selling drugs there, if it wasn't there, it'd be somewhere else. You need to learn what you're talking about before you go spoutin' that mouth off. Again I say, just cuz it's something YOU (a christian) dont like, that doesn't make it wrong. If you dont wanna go, dont go. But stay the hell outta other peoples business.
Lola

Wartburg, TN

#19 Mar 6, 2011
come on wrote:
Well sounds like you know alot about BINGO sounds as if you have been to a few. Are you one of the ones nodding off.Who are you too judge anyone anyway.I look at bingo like others look at guns, guns do not kill people,people kill people.Bingo is fun but their are people that make it bad so dont judge it by what some do.I love bingo I do not do drugs im not nodding off at bingo wait yes i have but i am very sick and sometimes i dont get the sleep that i need so yes i might have nodded off but that dont make me a drug user.( Sounds as if your judgeing people without knowing them) But Wait YOU ARE NOT GOD YOU CANT JUDGE ANYONE. I stand in my shoes and you stand in yours come judgement day and im glad im standing in mine. God bless you and i will pray for you.
come on

Oneida, TN

#20 Mar 7, 2011
oh no. i do know these people. and i have been to that bingo hall a few times. different when elderly people are nodding off. but when you got people passing pills and eating them while at the bingo hall, that is a DRUG ADDICT sorry. and as for you saying you don't believe in God and then telling me to mind my business, this post asked Christians. Not lost people. and no im not judging. but i have learned that God does not like it when you associate with people who mean to do sin ful things. So i dont associate with those people. They asked my opinion i gave it. and yes you can go there and watch people pass pills. its the same people that are going to FL, and yes i know that for a fact. not gossip. truth, and its my choice not to go there, and its my choice to let people know what kind of place that is. But i do believe that owner needs to get people like that out of there so that the elderly or who ever can have there fun. i may not believe in bingo its self, but it sure would be safer with out the narcotics there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pine Knot Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Williamsburg, KY (Jul '10) 7 min ROSS HIMSELF 223
Looking for Carol Smith 1 hr carla_napier10 1
Whitley County needs new Sheriff Department 2 hr bbr 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr spaceship 136,185
old friend Shelley Lawson honeycutt 8 hr jenny 2
Hilltop church (May '10) 13 hr pagan 7
USP McCreary (Apr '10) 14 hr Empathy 49
More from around the web

Pine Knot People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]