Wet supporters rally for upcoming Wet-Dry Election

Aug 8, 2012 Full story: McCreary County Record 10

McCreary Countians who won't be able to go to the polls on August 28 for the special alcohol option election may be eligible to take part in early voting beginning this Friday.

Full Story
Your neighbor

Oliver Springs, TN

#1 Aug 8, 2012
I voted dry last time this time I'm voteing wet this time and have recruited all my family members to vote wet.
VOTE DRY SUPPORT BOOTLEGG

Whitley City, KY

#2 Aug 9, 2012
Dumazzes.
UFCfan83

Oneida, TN

#3 Aug 9, 2012
Everybody should vote wet just even if u don't drink other people here do and crime rates won't go up people get it anyway
devils brew

Huntsville, TN

#4 Aug 9, 2012
We christians need to stick together and make sure this county stays dry. If it goes wet we will have a lot of bootleggers out of work. Since most bootleggers sell pills and pot too, going wet would be a disaster for them. I know they don't pay taxes but they spend their money here in town sometimes so its good for our economy. Most all of our bootleggers have donated money to local churches so they can buy them neat little signs that say "vote no". The bars in tennessee helped pay for a lot too, also the large billboard in Whitley City. Come on christians, support your local bootlegger so he don't have to rely just on his food stamps to survive.
Vote wet

Oneida, TN

#5 Aug 10, 2012
Vote wet, you people just dont get it do you? somerset is 9 miles away from whitley city, would you people rather us go give our money to somerset? God made all things, we are responsible for our own actions,
we are given the choice to get behind the wheel wile drunk. My point is the beer cant make bad choices, we make bad choices. we are resposible for what we do, its not the alcohols foult, its ours. the beer did not say drink and drive, you did.

People like to say we do not need guns becouse they kill people, the gun cant hurt another person unless you make it hurt another person. You are in control of your own actions. It makes me SICK the way people avoid resposibility for ther actions, by blameing the ALCOHOL, or the GUNs, start blaming your self for the choices you make.
devils brew

Huntsville, TN

#6 Aug 10, 2012
Vote wet wrote:
Vote wet, you people just dont get it do you? somerset is 9 miles away from whitley city, would you people rather us go give our money to somerset? God made all things, we are responsible for our own actions,
we are given the choice to get behind the wheel wile drunk. My point is the beer cant make bad choices, we make bad choices. we are resposible for what we do, its not the alcohols foult, its ours. the beer did not say drink and drive, you did.
People like to say we do not need guns becouse they kill people, the gun cant hurt another person unless you make it hurt another person. You are in control of your own actions. It makes me SICK the way people avoid resposibility for ther actions, by blameing the ALCOHOL, or the GUNs, start blaming your self for the choices you make.
Well you missed the distance from Whitley City to Somerset by at least 23 miles, have you been drinking? You make a valid point about people being responsible for their choices as in whether to drive drunk but too many drinkers are not capable of making wise choices so it is a good christians responsibility to help in any way we can. Voting dry not only keeps drinkers from making bad choices it also keeps the bootleggers in work. People always say "its already here" so why not keep it that way? You said that God made all things, where was his distillery located? I know that Jesus changed water into wine but was it fermented to contain alcohol? Keep the county dry because some of these bootleggers are second and third generation bootleggers, its a family tradition. The only thing different in todays bootleggers is that they sell pills and pot too, they are true entrepreneurs.
Willy

Whitley City, KY

#7 Aug 10, 2012
Just wondering how many of the fine folks that support the No vote smoke or chew (nicotine) or drink coffee or soda pop (caffeine). Do these chemicals affect brain function? Why, yes, it's a scientifically proven fact that they do! So we have a lot of "pot calling the kettle black" going on around here. Also wonder how many of them buy a lottery ticket or play bingo (gambling). If we really want to clean this county up, we need to outlaw bingo and the sale of lottery tickets, cigarettes, dip, chew, pop, and coffee. C'mon, let's all get behind this!
applys to some

Parkers Lake, KY

#8 Aug 12, 2012
Wet vote for me. Seems it has been a ugly battle between wet/dry supporters,according to things I have read on face book. I can make my own choice opinions or beliefs of others does not sway me.I have my own set of them too. Not to say mine are right and there's are wrong.I just have my own relationship with God.I was raised in a church from an early age and still believe,in the Heavenly Father and am thankful for his Mercy,Grace,Love,and dyeing and rising again so that I may be born again.I know right from wrong. I honestly must say I bet we have bus driver,teachers,Ems etc,,and other that directly care for our children/family on prescribed medication that alters their mind while they are taking care of our children/family. I guess thats okay though.If an individual got pulled over for taking prescribed meds nine out of ten times they are going to get a DUI and going to jail.But yet these people care for our children and some drive them to and from school and I know they get drug testing and its okay if they are prescribed, but it still can alter there thinking and reacting ability.Again its okay though the way our society sees it.
karl

Denver, NC

#9 Aug 25, 2012
omg like this county totally needs to like get its act together and vote in beer, dude.like you cant even go into a restaurant and like order beer does everybody want us to like stay in the dark ages?
vote wet for progress tue

Whitley City, KY

#10 Aug 25, 2012
go vote yesssss

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pine Knot Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking 1 hr johnpride62 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr HistoricallySpeaking 131,885
is anyone attending/ attendedpine knot job corps? (Nov '11) Dec 10 Xavier H 5
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Dec 6 Abe 694
Things You Love Game!! (Aug '10) Nov 20 whatimeisit 4,637
Job Corps is worth a second look (Mar '09) Nov '14 rowan torrey 587
Angie Roberts but not married name Oct '14 Backseatdriver 1
Pine Knot Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pine Knot People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pine Knot News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pine Knot