Ky. police, WHY?
Tami

Oneida, TN

#1 May 24, 2011
Can you tell me why you the police get away with stopping any person you like for the hell of it and taking vehichles because they cant afford the damn insurance? The gas prices have everyone broke and the police can stop you for no reason just to see if they can get you for anything. Thats ENTRAPMENT!! That should be as illegel as hiding in places radaring. Its crazy, why cant the police go back to the rule book and stop people that are swaying, drunk, or a good reason like that? No they have to stop and take a vehichle that could be an elderly person simply trying to make it to the Dr. and cant afford insurance cause of a fixed income, why dont anyone stop this insanity? I would be ashamed of myself if I were an officer and done that, and god dont like ugly either so one way or the other you will pay for your own wrong doing to people!! Im just saying!!!!!! OH and its still america the last time I checked so I am allowed to speak my mind! FREEDOM OF SPEECH is still in the books unless they took it out over night!!
Smelly

Wartburg, TN

#2 May 25, 2011
Yes, it's still America and Yes you do have to abide by the laws of the land. It is law that each of us that has a vehicle must have that vehicle insured and licensed in order to drive on public roads. Your income or lack of does not make you exempt from that fact. Just pay your impound fees and fines for not having it done legal. You'll find a way to do that but can't manage to find a way to afford insurance and registration. BTW don't you just hate it when the cop is right and you're in the wrong? Oh yea, you just proved that by your post! Suck it up!
Fixed income

Wartburg, TN

#3 May 25, 2011
I pay less than $50 a month for full coverage.;Basic liability is 35. I have a good driving record. No DUIs. Go. Progressive.
well

Whitley City, KY

#4 May 26, 2011
Fixed income wrote:
I pay less than $50 a month for full coverage.;Basic liability is 35. I have a good driving record. No DUIs. Go. Progressive.
You must drive a real crappy vehicle to get insurance that cheap! I mean REAL crappy!
WRONG

Wartburg, TN

#5 May 26, 2011
I got nice ride. They do not do full coverage on junkers.

Ive been with same company for years. I have a clean driving record. My credit score is 776 which I get a discount for. I go on line which cut my bill more than half from a well know local insurance company. There are all kinds of discounts for doing thins online, to having payment taken from my account, to paying in full. You can't just sit on your but an wait for deal to come to you. Search it out!
meee

Oneida, TN

#7 Jun 12, 2011
the insurance law in kentucky is to protect us all , now just what if i was barrelling down the road and hit you and i had no insurance how would you get a new car? the laws are not just made to be specifically against you, they are to help us all recoupe somethings we lose in any kind of accident, and why should it be more legal for anyone to drive without insurance and illegal for an intoxicated person to drive without insurance, even if alot of people have medicaid to pay their medical expenses many of us don't and why should our insurance pay if our injuries were caused by someone else, even though they didn't mean to hurt anyone.

“True Blue”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#8 Jun 13, 2011
Really it is your legal obligation to have auto insurance on your car. You don't have it, get checked by law enforcement for any reason-it's among the first things asked for at any traffic stop-you are breaking the law. We are all required by law to have it, no matter what. We are not required by law to own a computer and internet however.
rocky top tn

Robbins, TN

#9 Jun 17, 2011
well wrote:
<quoted text>You must drive a real crappy vehicle to get insurance that cheap! I mean REAL crappy!
Get geico
Wallace

Sunbright, TN

#11 Jun 18, 2011
Maybe you should sell your computer, and have your internet service cancled, that right there could be a start to saving up for your car insurance. It's just not fair, waaaaaah wahhhhhh. LOL when people start crying and tell you all the reason they can't do something, there is never a reason they CAN. If you wanted it bad enough, you would have it. And mark this as a lesson Young people save your money, one day if you live long enough you will get old and need to have some money saved up, to help with unexpected bills like Insurance, and speeding tickets.
CountryGirl

La Mirada, CA

#13 Jun 19, 2011
Insurance should be a must have! And yes the law should stop people and Write tickets for not having insurance. I'm twenty-one with a four-year-old and a husband and We manage to keep full coverage insurance on our vehicle, and we pay extra to protect ourselves against people that feel like they can drive without insurance(now that's unfair). If you can't afford to maintain insurance on a vehicle then maybe you shouldn't be driving or you should take the advice from people on here and budget your money wiser because computers and Internet are not must haves! Needs should always take precedent over wants.. Auto insurance definitely applies to the need category. It's hard to go without, but sometimes you have to sacrifice.
Alternatives

Whitley City, KY

#14 Jul 16, 2011
The example of elderly drivers needing to go to the doctor is a pretty lame one. Call RTEC, they will be glad to give them a ride. Cops stop cars for all kinds of reasons. Burned out lights, cracked windshields, expired registration stickers, not wearing seat belts, etc. If they decided to pull them all over that were going over the speed limit, the shoulder of the road would be lined up with cars. Some people don't seem to realize it, but the speed limit is 45 through Whitley on 27, and 35 on 1651 all the way. Tami must have done something to be pulled over for, and then was found to have no insurance.
old-timer

Columbus, GA

#15 Jul 18, 2011
Smelly wrote:
Yes, it's still America and Yes you do have to abide by the laws of the land. It is law that each of us that has a vehicle must have that vehicle insured and licensed in order to drive on public roads. Your income or lack of does not make you exempt from that fact. Just pay your impound fees and fines for not having it done legal. You'll find a way to do that but can't manage to find a way to afford insurance and registration. BTW don't you just hate it when the cop is right and you're in the wrong? Oh yea, you just proved that by your post! Suck it up!
then what is the difference in mandated health insurence,if you don't have healthcare we all pay for it,the right wing spin has people thinking else were as usual!
meee

Whitley City, KY

#16 Jul 18, 2011
the difference i see would be car insurance is a state mandate and only the people of or using the highways in that state are affected. mandated health insurance is a federal program which will effect all people in all states, including infants and children.

that being said i am beginning to lean pro-insurance, or socialized medicine or whatever else you want to call it.

why should the citizens of any state be responsible for the injuries i received as a result of my accident without me paying any, or why should my insurance increase because you had none.
Took Criminal Justice

Pine Knot, KY

#17 Sep 3, 2011
Tami wrote:
Can you tell me why you the police get away with stopping any person you like for the hell of it and taking vehichles because they cant afford the damn insurance? The gas prices have everyone broke and the police can stop you for no reason just to see if they can get you for anything. Thats ENTRAPMENT!! That should be as illegel as hiding in places radaring. Its crazy, why cant the police go back to the rule book and stop people that are swaying, drunk, or a good reason like that? No they have to stop and take a vehichle that could be an elderly person simply trying to make it to the Dr. and cant afford insurance cause of a fixed income, why dont anyone stop this insanity? I would be ashamed of myself if I were an officer and done that, and god dont like ugly either so one way or the other you will pay for your own wrong doing to people!! Im just saying!!!!!! OH and its still america the last time I checked so I am allowed to speak my mind! FREEDOM OF SPEECH is still in the books unless they took it out over night!!
In my opinion, police think they can do what they want to do. They speed. They take their kids to school in the front seat of their cruisers without seat belts on. They don't go by any of the laws anymore. Sitting beside the road where you can't be seen until you're passed is ENTRAPMENT, but it's not enforced.
Barney

Oliver Springs, TN

#18 Sep 5, 2011
Took Criminal Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
In my opinion, police think they can do what they want to do. They speed. They take their kids to school in the front seat of their cruisers without seat belts on. They don't go by any of the laws anymore. Sitting beside the road where you can't be seen until you're passed is ENTRAPMENT, but it's not enforced.
I agree.
Cmon

Whitley City, KY

#19 Nov 1, 2011
Took Criminal Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Try your Entrapment defense and see how it goes what you described is not Entrapment. Entrapment is when the Police induce a person to commit a crime in which they would be unlikely to otherwise commit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pine Knot Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Williamsburg little league PICTURES 28 min Here also 6
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Paul 164,674
Woman wanted for discrete relationship 5 hr Jimmy crackcorn 1
Autumn King 6 hr Brittany 27
Lawson's of Mudcreek (Mar '09) 7 hr Gary 74
Lewis Davenport 11 hr Kin 2
McCreary county is sad 11 hr Scourge Of Truth 11

Pine Knot Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance