straight talk wireless

Posted in the Pine Knot Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
cell phone service

Paducah, KY

#1 Dec 31, 2009
has anyone around here tried the new straight talk wireless cell phone that walmart is selling? it is suppose to be on verizon towers. does it work well in this area?
stevokb

Exeter, NH

#2 Dec 31, 2009
Not sure how the service is down in your parts, im from new hampshire but i got one for xmas and so far so good, i got the slider phone with the full keyboard witch is nice, i transfered from nextel and i get 10x better service, pay less then half i did with nextel, but the customer service is not as good. no complaints though at all i text a ton and it seems to do just fine. id recommend it.
dont work

Oliver Springs, TN

#3 Jan 3, 2010
cell phone service wrote:
has anyone around here tried the new straight talk wireless cell phone that walmart is selling? it is suppose to be on verizon towers. does it work well in this area?
I tried it here dont work at all.Maybe soon but its on a poster at Somerset walmart that it dont work I lost my money.
scott citizen

Wartburg, TN

#4 Jan 9, 2010
i have used it in oneida and somerset and have never had a problem.
man

Millsboro, DE

#5 Jan 21, 2010
Incident
Purchased a Straight Talk phone from Walmart. Bought airtime for phone from Walmart. Opened up the phone, put battery in, turned on. The box that the phone came in indicated that the phone had to be \"activated\" by going online to strighttalk.com . Went there to activate the phone. Website asked for the activation code on the airtime card. I entered the activation code. Website told me that I put in wrong code. Did that again online, same thing. SO I took the phone and airtime card back to Walmart and returned it for another Straight Talk phone. This time I paid for airtime online at the straight talk website. After going through series of questions regarding the identification of the phone, the website told me to dial certain numbers on the phone keypad and the phone would be activated. After doing this, the display on the phone said that the phone could not be activated at this time, and to try after 2 hours. 2 hours past, and I did the same thing again. Same thing happened. SO I called customer service at straight talk. I was actually told to \"take the battery out and put it back in again, then turn on the phone\" (standard customer service programmed response to any problem) That did not work. I was then told to repeat the instructions to \"dial certain numbers on the phone keypad and the phone would be activated\" which did not work. The customer service \"person\" kept telling me to do that over and over until finally I had to put an end to it. In other words, each time that that process would fail, she would tell me to do those steps again. Finally I had to step in, and refuse to do that any more as it was obviously useless. She told me to \"wait up to 24 hours\" and then \"try it again\". I said no. I told her to just refund the money I spent on the airtime, and I would take the phone back to Walmart where they will refund the money for the actual useless phone. She told me that there is no refund for the airtime. I told her that yes there is, and that you can\'t just scam people out of their money legally and then have no liability for it. She wasn\'t hearing all that. She kept saying that there\'s no refund for the airtime. I told her that I was going to call the police if they did not return the money they stole under false and deceptive pretences. She said \"there\'s no refund for airtime\".

Damage Resulting
I\'ve had to contact my bank, and report the sale as being an internet fraud scheme, and dispute the charges on those bases. The bank has given me back the money, and filed a charge back to Straight Talk. I just want everyone to know about this scam.
I know

Strunk, KY

#6 Jan 21, 2010
I did the same thing but its the service here.If you had taken the phone to where you could get a signal it woul have activated.However it wouldnt have done you any good because they have no sighnal in mcceary only a few small areas.I did the same thing took the phone back but lost 45 bucks on the card.The phone does work in tn and williamsburg and somerset but not in good ole MCceary co.
Charles

Alto, GA

#7 Mar 27, 2010
samsung finesse on the straight talk plan. It worked fine for me. No hitches and phone is great. I live NE of Atlanta.
voter

Robbins, TN

#8 Mar 29, 2010
I know wrote:
I did the same thing but its the service here.If you had taken the phone to where you could get a signal it woul have activated.However it wouldnt have done you any good because they have no sighnal in mcceary only a few small areas.I did the same thing took the phone back but lost 45 bucks on the card.The phone does work in tn and williamsburg and somerset but not in good ole MCceary co.
This is why we need a judge in this county that will try to open this county up to new businesses and new phone services. I am so tired of nothing but Highland's slow service. Help us Vicki Kidd..
steve

Lithia, FL

#9 Apr 28, 2010
great phone,no problems,live in florida
John

Meridian, MS

#10 May 4, 2010
T Mobile you are history !!! This is what cell phone service should be !!! Voice ! Text and Data !!! for a third of what I was paying for half the services from T Mobile !!! The signal rocks the phones are all you need unless you have to be a show off and always be one up on everyone else .... I think straigh talk is going to put the competition out of business or very close to it !! I think it's awesome
Sexy Harley

Monticello, KY

#11 Aug 4, 2010
I am getting a verizon straight talk for my birthday sep 11. Does it pick up in Monticello Kentucky? I have a friend with verizon wireless and he can text here but on calling its roaming so will this phone be roaming or will it pick up well without roaming?
by the way

Columbia, SC

#12 Aug 5, 2010
I also have a Straight Talk phone I have the slider to... I live In McCreary County Ky and they pick up fairly decent but they DO NOT pick up anywere in Whitley

Since: Aug 10

London, KY

#13 Aug 28, 2010
I am suppose to be getting the slider with full keyboard my ex just got one and since he lives in Pulaski Ky we put in his zip code and he came and stayed all night one night the night got it and it wasn`t in roaming.
oklahoma 4416

Ada, OK

#14 Sep 20, 2010
Hey i live in Oklahoma and my local Walmart said they do not sell ST because we do not get coverage here but ST customer service said that i well be covered. so is there anyone in the zip 74820 that has ST
Been There Done That

Wartburg, TN

#15 Sep 21, 2010
I have a Straight Talk phone and another Track phone for $30.00 i payed for before i had bought the Straight Talk phone,And the Track Phone i have now gets better signal and more bars then the $110.00 Straight Phone i bought?I guess the Track Phone has a better and different tower then the Straight Talk phone does,LoL.
ian

Fairfield, IA

#16 Nov 9, 2010
This is a reeeeallly bad company. Unbelievably bad customer service. Really beyond belief how bad they are. Even if your phone works well if you ever need support you are pretty much on your own. Let the buyer beware!!!!
Derek Terrell

El Paso, TX

#17 Jan 27, 2011
.No Straight talk phones won't work up in the mountain
eddytal77

Miami, FL

#18 Feb 26, 2011
Straight Talk has some horror stories about customer service. Luckily, everything has worked so far and I get coverage that pretty much goes everywhere and is better than my contract service. The phone selection is shoddy and the internet is slow so it's for those of us on a budget but it's a steal for that.
need a friend

Strunk, KY

#19 Feb 26, 2011
eddytal77 wrote:
Straight Talk has some horror stories about customer service. Luckily, everything has worked so far and I get coverage that pretty much goes everywhere and is better than my contract service. The phone selection is shoddy and the internet is slow so it's for those of us on a budget but it's a steal for that.
i use mine everywhere and i have not had ant trouble out of mine.had it about 5 months
need a friend

Strunk, KY

#20 Feb 26, 2011
i have used mine in somerset, tenn,lex well just about everywhere and no problems.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pine Knot Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Mike Duquette 134,306
firestone autosleeve destruction 1 hr hop to it 5
Girl walking with small child 12 hr Concerned 1
ex wife (Dec '11) Sat Jimmy Johnson 6
Fibromyalgia Sat woodstock 9
Saw Bucks Bingo (Feb '09) Sat kutedymples 6
dcbs did they take your kids to? (Aug '09) Feb 27 Cindy Hurst 64

Flood Warning for McCreary County was issued at March 01 at 4:54PM EST

Pine Knot Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pine Knot People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE