CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods ...

Since: Aug 11

topic

#504314 Jun 9, 2013
Whoops this is the first part of Fords statement.

Ms. Ford’s primary complaint was the prosecution didn’t prove cause of death.“How can you punish someone for something if you don’t know what they did?...[The prosecution] didn’t even paint a picture for me to consider.”

That was defense attorney Jose Baez’s strategy, through and through. And it has nothing to do with what’s legally required to prove a homicide.

The prosecution doesn’t have to prove cause of death. It only need prove criminal agency— that the death was a homicide, as opposed to an accident. It’s nice to have a body, a murder weapon, a cause of death, but it’s certainly not essential.

The evidence was more than sufficient to prove a homicide: a baby disappeared and the last person seen with the child—the mother—lied repeatedly for a full month about her whereabouts; deliberately lied in a way that prevented anyone from searching for the child. The mother’s researching of chloroform on the computer matched up to the finding of chloroform traces in the trunk of the car. The same car trunk where a hair consistent with Caylee's was found; a hair that was arguably from a decomposing body. The same car trunk from which the smell of a decomposing body emanated strongly. The child’s decomposed body was found bagged in the woods near the mother’s house. Significantly, the child’s mouth and nose had been duct taped. And while that child’s body lay decomposing in the woods, the mother euphorically and gleefully partied with her buddies knowing full well that not only was her child dead but she was actively preventing anyone from finding out. That evidence not only proved a homicide, it proved that Casey Anthony committed it.

How did the defense counter this compelling body of evidence? They put up a bit of a fight on the forensics. Especially as to whether the hair could be definitively said to have come from a corpse. Okay, fine, let that one go.

Then what about the duct tape? There’s no reason to put duct tape on the face of a child who’s already dead. The defense made a lame attempt to counter that by asserting that ‘some other dude’ put the duct tape on the baby’s face—but the testimony offered to prove that (Dr. Werner Spitz) was laughably weak, and thus didn’t even dent the prosecution’s case.

When all was said and done, the only things the defense really had going for it were the unproven allegations of molestation and the wholly unsubstantiated claim that the baby drowned in the swimming pool.

But if you listen to Juror Jennifer Ford’s interview, those unproven, unsubstantiated claims are exactly what the jury hung its collective hat on.

When she complained that they never knew exactly how the child died, she was asked:“So you believed it was an accident?”

Her answer:“I’m not saying that, I’m saying it’s a lot easier to get to that conclusion. I can walk from here to there and make it happen. But the chloroform I’m all over the place, I’m in a maze, I don’t know where I’m at.”

The child’s body was found in a plastic bag with duct tape over the mouth and nose, and left to decompose in the woods while Casey Anthony told everyone the baby was with Zanny the Nanny, and she found it “easier” to believe it was an accident? Frankly, I don’t see how you “walk from here to there” to make that happen.

So where did she get the idea that it was easier to believe this was an accident? Baez’s opening statement—where he claimed that he’d prove this was an accident. The only problem is, he didn’t. Usually, juries hold lawyers accountable for those flops. Not here.

Ms. Ford also claimed the prosecution never showed a motive. What did all those party pictures mean to Ms Ford ? The tattoo Casey Anthony got days after her baby died:“Bella Vida”?

“Trixie”

Since: Nov 11

the mad russian

#504315 Jun 9, 2013
wisdom usedhere wrote:
Whoops this is the first part of Fords statement.
Ms. Ford’s primary complaint was the prosecution didn’t prove cause of death.“How can you punish someone for something if you don’t know what they did?...[The prosecution] didn’t even paint a picture for me to consider.”
That was defense attorney Jose Baez’s strategy, through and through. And it has nothing to do with what’s legally required to prove a homicide.
The prosecution doesn’t have to prove cause of death. It only need prove criminal agency— that the death was a homicide, as opposed to an accident. It’s nice to have a body, a murder weapon, a cause of death, but it’s certainly not essential.
The evidence was more than sufficient to prove a homicide: a baby disappeared and the last person seen with the child—the mother—lied repeatedly for a full month about her whereabouts; deliberately lied in a way that prevented anyone from searching for the child. The mother’s researching of chloroform on the computer matched up to the finding of chloroform traces in the trunk of the car. The same car trunk where a hair consistent with Caylee's was found; a hair that was arguably from a decomposing body. The same car trunk from which the smell of a decomposing body emanated strongly. The child’s decomposed body was found bagged in the woods near the mother’s house. Significantly, the child’s mouth and nose had been duct taped. And while that child’s body lay decomposing in the woods, the mother euphorically and gleefully partied with her buddies knowing full well that not only was her child dead but she was actively preventing anyone from finding out. That evidence not only proved a homicide, it proved that Casey Anthony committed it.
How did the defense counter this compelling body of evidence? They put up a bit of a fight on the forensics. Especially as to whether the hair could be definitively said to have come from a corpse. Okay, fine, let that one go.
Then what about the duct tape? There’s no reason to put duct tape on the face of a child who’s already dead. The defense made a lame attempt to counter that by asserting that ‘some other dude’ put the duct tape on the baby’s face—but the testimony offered to prove that (Dr. Werner Spitz) was laughably weak, and thus didn’t even dent the prosecution’s case.
When all was said and done, the only things the defense really had going for it were the unproven allegations of molestation and the wholly unsubstantiated claim that the baby drowned in the swimming pool.
But if you listen to Juror Jennifer Ford’s interview, those unproven, unsubstantiated claims are exactly what the jury hung its collective hat on.
When she complained that they never knew exactly how the child died, she was asked:“So you believed it was an accident?”
Her answer:“I’m not saying that, I’m saying it’s a lot easier to get to that conclusion. I can walk from here to there and make it happen. But the chloroform I’m all over the place, I’m in a maze, I don’t know where I’m at.”
The child’s body was found in a plastic bag with duct tape over the mouth and nose, and left to decompose in the woods while Casey Anthony told everyone the baby was with Zanny the Nanny, and she found it “easier” to believe it was an accident? Frankly, I don’t see how you “walk from here to there” to make that happen.
So where did she get the idea that it was easier to believe this was an accident? Baez’s opening statement—where he claimed that he’d prove this was an accident. The only problem is, he didn’t. Usually, juries hold lawyers accountable for those flops. Not here.
Ms. Ford also claimed the prosecution never showed a motive. What did all those party pictures mean to Ms Ford ? The tattoo Casey Anthony got days after her baby died:“Bella Vida”?
IMO, the jury believed that reasonable doubt meant 'to the exclusion of ALl doubt.'

Aside from the many elements incriminating Casey, just the process of elimination alone points to her. Who else?

Since: Jun 13

Chicago, IL

#504316 Jun 10, 2013
marcemon wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO, the jury believed that reasonable doubt meant 'to the exclusion of ALl doubt.'
Aside from the many elements incriminating Casey, just the process of elimination alone points to her. Who else?
You are here more than your idol Rambler. You are stalking her, because you just sit in front of your computer day after day after day on your Arse and make fun of Rambler for doing the same thing you are. LOL

Hypocrite

You need to get a life Brad.

“FOOTBALL”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#504317 Jun 10, 2013
Wiz L?

Mercy!

Shhhhh quiet time. It's finals week.
Wiz L wrote:
<quoted text>
You are here more than your idol Rambler. You are stalking her, because you just sit in front of your computer day after day after day on your Arse and make fun of Rambler for doing the same thing you are. LOL
Hypocrite
You need to get a life Brad.
Riverside

Riverside, CA

#504318 Jun 10, 2013
wisdom usedhere wrote:
<quoted text>
Well "Brad" they must have a good reason. From what I see, she only has you as a defender. Maybe your not Brad but LIZW's ego.
Reading her posts I can understand why she gets harassed by SO MANY......
I cant keep track of how many she has "told off" in just this past week! A Good person? Cant prove it by her posts. So you and her both has a problem of getting harassed ? How strange. WInk WInk.
Are you sure that poster is Brad She also has one friend on her Lets Chat thread that uses a lot of hats.

Location hidden

#504319 Jun 10, 2013
Riverside wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure that poster is Brad She also has one friend on her Lets Chat thread that uses a lot of hats.
Brad is the UZZA BUZZA poster on that other thread.

Location hidden

#504320 Jun 10, 2013
A list of Brad hats

UZZA BUZZA
STM
Gloomy days
Marcemon
Trex
Hans
Hal
Liz W
The real Missy
Rubbygoober
, just a few.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#504321 Jun 10, 2013
Oneinsixbillion wrote:
A list of Brad hats
UZZA BUZZA
STM
Gloomy days
Marcemon
Trex
Hans
Hal
Liz W
The real Missy
Rubbygoober
, just a few.
They're all aboard the same train of thoughts!
The Deception!

Location hidden

#504322 Jun 10, 2013
Murphey_Law wrote:
<quoted text>
They're all aboard the same train of thoughts!
The Deception!
Yep, you got that right. It makes me laugh watching Brad arguing with himself as STM. It's so believable! Then he comes on as Gloomy days talking in Pirate! LOL The guy is a master of disguise.

Location hidden

#504323 Jun 10, 2013
marcemon wrote:
<quoted text>
You always say that Caylee left with Casey on that midnight flight out of Orlando when she was released from jail.
Did Casey lose her again?
Those FBI reports will arrive soon, don't you worry.
NO NO marcemon.
Are you back from The Peace Summit in Russia yet?
Your twisting my words again...marcemon!

I NEVER said Casey [left] with Caylee ....or Caylee [left] with Casey on any [midnight flights from Orlando]...
The word was[ ARRIVED at the Executive Orlando Airport]
NOT the same at all dear!

You should apply for a job with Nancy Grace's HLN...
You're better than her to construe the facts and get a
complete version of a sentence.

Just proving you DO NOT PAY ATTENTION WHEN YOU READ!!!

NO...Casey did not loose Caylee again...

And YES!YES!YES! I am anticipating those FBI Reports
to arrive soon..I'm not worried marcemon...
I will WELCOME THEM!
It should be revealed in Tampa!

Be Good Now...

Location hidden

#504324 Jun 10, 2013
Hey ! Who *wisdom usedhere*

Why is it that TOPIX allowes your long,long,long
wisdom post(s) on here...as if no one knows the case, after over half a million comments...

Yet..TOPIX witheld...ONE of MY LONG,LONG,LONG RESPONSE to your "WISDOM used Here!"

Any idea?
Riverside

Riverside, CA

#504325 Jun 10, 2013
Murphey_Law wrote:
<quoted text>
NO NO marcemon."Hiccup"
Are you back from "Hiccup" The Peace "Hiccup" Summit in Russia yet?"Hiccup"
Your twisting my "Hiccup" words again...marcemon!
I NEVER "Hiccup" said Casey [left] with Caylee ....or "Hiccup" Caylee [left] with "Hiccup" Casey on any [midnight "Hiccup" flights from Orlando]..."Hiccup"
The word was[ ARRIVED at the "Hiccip" Executive Orlando Airport]
NOT thesame at "Hiccup" all dear!"Hiccup"
You should "Hiccup" apply for a job with Nancy "Hiccup" Grace's HLN..."Hiccup" "Hiccup" "Hiccup" "Hiccup"
You're better "Hiccup" than her to construe "Hiccup" the facts and get a "Hiccup" "Hiccup"
complete version "HICCUP" of a sentence."Hiccup"
Just proving you DO NOT PAY "Hiccup" ATTENTION WHEN YOU READ!!!
NO...Casey did "Hiccup" not loose Caylee again...
And YES! "Hiccup" YES!YES! "Hiccup" I am anticipating those "Hiccup" FBI Reports "Hiccup" "Hiccup"
to arrive soon..I'm not "Hiccup" worried marcemon...
I will WELCOME THEM! "BURRRRPPPP"
It "Hiccup" should be revealed in Tampa! "Hiccup"
Be Good Now..."Hiccup" "I need another drink! "Hiccup"
Hope this helps -- Maybe using some Visual Aid will make it easier to understand you.

“Trixie”

Since: Nov 11

the mad russian

#504326 Jun 10, 2013
Murphey_Law wrote:
<quoted text>
NO NO marcemon.
Are you back from The Peace Summit in Russia yet?
Your twisting my words again...marcemon!
I NEVER said Casey [left] with Caylee ....or Caylee [left] with Casey on any [midnight flights from Orlando]...
The word was[ ARRIVED at the Executive Orlando Airport]
NOT the same at all dear!
You should apply for a job with Nancy Grace's HLN...
You're better than her to construe the facts and get a
complete version of a sentence.
Just proving you DO NOT PAY ATTENTION WHEN YOU READ!!!
NO...Casey did not loose Caylee again...
And YES!YES!YES! I am anticipating those FBI Reports
to arrive soon..I'm not worried marcemon...
I will WELCOME THEM!
It should be revealed in Tampa!
Be Good Now...
I can't possibly be twisting your words b/c I never understand what you're saying.

So Caylee was at the airport that same night, but she didn't go with Casey? Where is Caylee?

If Casey knows her daughter is still alive b/c you told her so, why isn't she looking for her?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#504327 Jun 10, 2013
Friday -
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue is who murdered Caylee and staged her body to implicate Casey and possibly others including Jesse Grund or George and Cindy.

That the child ended up in a trash filled swamp with a "Big Trouble Comes in Small Packages" tshirt is indicative the murderer is a diabolical psychopath.

Ngrace replied:
<quoted text>
No it's not proof of murder.

It is proof, though, that the crime scene was staged to LOOK like it was MURDER.

Gee, I wonder who would know the best way to frame somebody when the heat was getting ratcheted up and certain people were giving someone a second look-see.

Hmmmmm, could it be after the ill-fated State depo? I noticed at trial time, certain elements denied during the State depo were readily admitted to as a preemptive strike before they could be impeached.

Gosh, some people are so dumb or so needy, they have to justify the truth in their own mind, even when there was evidence they didn't want to see.

Ngrace wrote yesterday -
<quoted text>
THE DUCT TAPE WAS NOT ON THE SKULL!

Tired of Silly

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#504329 Jun 10, 2013
Rambler wrote:
Friday -
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue is who murdered Caylee and staged her body to implicate Casey and possibly others including Jesse Grund or George and Cindy.
That the child ended up in a trash filled swamp with a "Big Trouble Comes in Small Packages" tshirt is indicative the murderer is a diabolical psychopath.
Ngrace replied:
<quoted text>
No it's not proof of murder.
It is proof, though, that the crime scene was staged to LOOK like it was MURDER.
Gee, I wonder who would know the best way to frame somebody when the heat was getting ratcheted up and certain people were giving someone a second look-see.
Hmmmmm, could it be after the ill-fated State depo? I noticed at trial time, certain elements denied during the State depo were readily admitted to as a preemptive strike before they could be impeached.
Gosh, some people are so dumb or so needy, they have to justify the truth in their own mind, even when there was evidence they didn't want to see.
Ngrace wrote yesterday -
<quoted text>
THE DUCT TAPE WAS NOT ON THE SKULL!
Simple. There is no question. Casey the skankpig killed Caylee. The scene was not staged. Caylee's body was there the whole time, undiscovered because of a tropical storm. No staging, no conspiracy, no nothing except a skankpig who killed her kid and got away with it. And the bankruptcy hearings and civil suits are nothing but a waste of the court's time.
Riverside

Riverside, CA

#504330 Jun 10, 2013
Snipped from a site posted by an N Grace.
Ngrace ???

To Casey from a little angel:

With duct tape & bags u threw me away.
Momma what more is there to say?

Alone in the woods is where I was kept.
For six long months & u still haven't wept.

"Bella vita" that's what your tattoo said. Not a
care in the world while I laid dead.

Every night God rocks me till I fall asleep
and makes me a promise I know he will keep

" don't worry, everything will be fine,
in the end vengeance shall be mine".
Love,Caylee

Location hidden

#504331 Jun 10, 2013
marcemon wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't possibly be twisting your words b/c I never understand what you're saying.
So Caylee was at the airport that same night, but she didn't go with Casey? Where is Caylee?
If Casey knows her daughter is still alive b/c you told her so, why isn't she looking for her?
Just wait for the FBI Reports...
They'll explain everything dear!
Make sure you pay Attention!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#504332 Jun 10, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple. There is no question. Casey the skankpig killed Caylee. The scene was not staged. Caylee's body was there the whole time, undiscovered because of a tropical storm. No staging, no conspiracy, no nothing except a skankpig who killed her kid and got away with it. And the bankruptcy hearings and civil suits are nothing but a waste of the court's time.
Nice attempt at interjection, but the fact is both comments were made by ngracie, of whom I'm patiently waiting "to add a dose of logic to the mix".
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#504333 Jun 10, 2013
Riverside wrote:
Snipped from a site posted by an N Grace.
Ngrace ???
To Casey from a little angel:
With duct tape & bags u threw me away.
Momma what more is there to say?
Alone in the woods is where I was kept.
For six long months & u still haven't wept.
"Bella vita" that's what your tattoo said. Not a
care in the world while I laid dead.
Every night God rocks me till I fall asleep
and makes me a promise I know he will keep
" don't worry, everything will be fine,
in the end vengeance shall be mine".
Love,Caylee
Poetry is of relevance to Haleigh and Caylee, Nanny and Manny.
tired of silly

Tavares, FL

#504334 Jun 11, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice attempt at interjection, but the fact is both comments were made by ngracie, of whom I'm patiently waiting "to add a dose of logic to the mix".
Who cares who said it? EVERY comment about this "case" is ridiculous. There is no case. It's over. The skankpig got away with it. All your silly theories, Ngrace's silly theories and Murphey's delusions..........just diseased brains spewing nonsense. The skankpig killed her kid. She got away with it. End of story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pine Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min roy moore 1,643,204
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr No worries, Mate 64,133
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Tue zazz 98,588
News Casey Anthony won't have court appearance today (Sep '08) Mon Jason 3,348
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) Mon ANGHARAD 73,867
Anyone ever eat at the Funky Monkey Mon Adrianna S 1
News Murder count hits grim 50 in Orange's deadliest... (Oct '06) Aug '17 Johnny 18

Pine Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pine Hills Mortgages