BREAKING NEWS: Pine Grove teen killed...

BREAKING NEWS: Pine Grove teen killed, 5 injured in crash

There are 34 comments on the Lebanon Daily News story from Mar 14, 2011, titled BREAKING NEWS: Pine Grove teen killed, 5 injured in crash. In it, Lebanon Daily News reports that:

A Pine Grove teenager was killed and five other teens were injured in a crash early Sunday morning on Hickory Road in Washington Township, Schuylkill County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lebanon Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
pray

Palmyra, PA

#1 Mar 14, 2011
what a shame , pray for them and there families...
JAY C

Lititz, PA

#2 Mar 14, 2011
Too many young people dying on the roads these days. My condolences to the families and hope for full recovery on those injured.

And please people use your head before commenting here.......no one asked for this to happen.
Just the facts

Lebanon, PA

#3 Mar 14, 2011
Im using my head here, How many teens need to die because of poor decisions. I am glad that they did not kill anyone inoccent. What were they doing out at 3:30 anyway? Its time to look at the facts and place blame where blame is due. I hope one of these poor decision makers never hits my family and kills any of them because then they will be found guilty by ME! So what is this kid going to get? Probation? maybe at the most a few years in juvi? Give me a break and take some self responsibilty!
Just the facts

Lebanon, PA

#4 Mar 14, 2011
And...Your right, no one did ask for this to happen but at the same time no one asked them to drive the way they did.
Wow

Arlington, VA

#5 Mar 14, 2011
What a shame. 16 to 18 years old and bullet proof. Rest in peace young man!
hmm

Pine Grove, PA

#6 Mar 14, 2011
I can't believe all these kids were out at 3:30 in the morning on a Sunday!!

My condolences.
mike

Reading, PA

#7 Mar 14, 2011
Prosecute the parents for not keeping there kids at home were they belong. Why are these kids allowed to be out at that time of the morning drinking and smokeing pot. We need to hold the parents responsable for this kind of stuff happening.
Jodi

Montoursville, PA

#8 Mar 14, 2011
Fisrt of all, There was no alcohol involved. Second there were no drugs involved. My daughter is good friends with all these boys and is taking this news very hard. I would hate for her to find these comments that people are leaving. The boy that died is a very good boy and wanted to become a doctor. So before commenting on something that you know nothing about, I would consider getting the facts straight first.
ndaknow

Mahanoy City, PA

#9 Mar 14, 2011
I do feel horribly for these kids and their respective families, however I also agree with those comments which suggest that this incident was completely preventable. Location, time of day, age of those involved, and the fact that I was their age once all tell me that this crash did not need to happen.

I can only pray that some kid(s) might learn from this and avoid the same outcome down the road.
nonya

Middleburg, PA

#10 Mar 14, 2011
mike wrote:
Prosecute the parents for not keeping there kids at home were they belong. Why are these kids allowed to be out at that time of the morning drinking and smokeing pot. We need to hold the parents responsable for this kind of stuff happening.
Are you serious? Do you know any of these boys and did you read anywhere that alcohol or drugs were involved. You have athletes here, future Soldiers and good kids. Please look at yourself in the mirror before you judge as only ONE person in this world judges and I hate to inform you but it is not you! These are kids-kids remember that.
brooke

Oil City, PA

#11 Mar 14, 2011
BZ was a great person! The kid who was driving just got his permit! We lost a good kid over someone else's poor choice. Rest in paradise BZ Bell!
Enough Already

Lebanon, PA

#12 Mar 14, 2011
mike wrote:
Prosecute the parents for not keeping there kids at home were they belong. Why are these kids allowed to be out at that time of the morning drinking and smokeing pot. We need to hold the parents responsable for this kind of stuff happening.
Did I miss something in the article, or is someone jumping to a conclusion? Were these young adults breaking any laws before the accident? I didn't read anything about that in the article so where do you get your info from?
Enough Already

Lebanon, PA

#13 Mar 14, 2011
ndaknow wrote:
...and the fact that I was their age once all tell me that this crash did not need to happen.
So because you were a complete idiot when you were 16 to 18 years of age means that every one is? Don't think so but if it make you feel good about the time of your youth, okay.
TruthBringer

De Soto, IA

#14 Mar 14, 2011
His name was Brynen, but his friends and family call him BZ. He did want to be a doctor and in fact was strongly opposed to his friends' and aquaintances' use of alcohol and marijauna.
I don't see why people who don't know him have anything to say -- he was one of the most unique people I've ever met, and a short article on Topix.net doesn't come close to representing the situation at hand.
His friends can read this, and most likely will be. They were in the car when it happened and had to see it, feel it, and report it to the police. How can someone who knows that the people involved may visit this topic write something as ignorant as what some of you have said?
hmm

Pine Grove, PA

#15 Mar 14, 2011
brooke wrote:
BZ was a great person! The kid who was driving just got his permit! We lost a good kid over someone else's poor choice. Rest in paradise BZ Bell!
The driver only had a permit?? Im pretty sure there are time restrictions on permit holders even if there is an adult over 21 in the vehicle with them (the article stated that the oldest was 18)!

Yes, it is sad that he lost his life. What most of everyone is saying is that this could have been prevented. All you did was confirm that for everyone.
Amy M

Brookville, PA

#16 Mar 15, 2011
BZ Bell was one of my son's friends, and has been to my home many times. He was a funny, unique, all-around-wonderful kid, and he certainly didn't deserve to die like this. I have fond memories of BZ visiting with me in the kitchen, eating sugar cookies as fast as I could make them while the other boys played Foosball or video games. I genuinely liked this kid, and will miss him terribly. My heart goes out to his family and friends, and to all who have been affected by this senseless tragedy.

With that said, I need to point out that this tragedy was no "accident." It was an "on purpose," and could have been prevented. Some points to consider:

The driver was not licensed. He was on a permit, out after the 11:00 curfew for junior drivers, and without an adult of at least 21 years of age in the car sitting directly beside him.

Several laws were broken here, and either the driver, the driver's parents, or the 18-year-old passenger would have been aware of this. Had the people involved used better judgment, this tragedy would not have taken place. Who allowed this to happen?

With the exception of the 18-year-old passenger, not one of these kids were adults. What were they doing out at 3:30 in the morning? It's a parents job to set curfews, and curfews are used for a reason: They keep the kids in, out of trouble, and out of harms way.

I wish no ill will upon any of these kids, their families, or there friends. However, I suspect criminal charges and possible lawsuits are going to be brought against someone. So many lives have been changed by this, and it appears the repercussions will be ongoing and far reaching.

My sincere condolences to all involved, and best wishes in traveling this difficult road that winds ahead. It won't be easy, and I do wish you well.

Goodbye, BZ Bell. I thought quite highly of you, my son grieves for you, and I hope that wherever you are, your funny, unique spirit keeps shining through. You will be missed.
Rocky Joack

Schnecksville, PA

#17 Mar 15, 2011
Bz Bel Wil live forever, He's an angel
Sophie

Schnecksville, PA

#18 Mar 15, 2011
I wish he wasn't dead, but he's still here with us
Linda

United States

#19 Mar 15, 2011
mike wrote:
Prosecute the parents for not keeping there kids at home were they belong. Why are these kids allowed to be out at that time of the morning drinking and smokeing pot. We need to hold the parents responsable for this kind of stuff happening.
How can you say prosecute the parents. Do you know the entire story? Do you lock your children in their rooms or a cage at night? Do you know if these kids were drinking and/or smoking pot? Bz will be watching over his mother and sister and keep them safe. Bz will be missed and this should not of happened but until all the facts are out, this was just a terrible accident. God Bless !!!
sammi

Selinsgrove, PA

#20 Mar 15, 2011
first of all people, get your facts straight before you start bashing.. there were no drugs or alcohol of ANY kind involved, and Bz did not deserve to die. none of this should've ever happened, but it did. there's nothing we can do to change it. so stop bashing. Bz was a fantastic, funny, optimistic person. R.I.P. Bz<3 forever in our hearts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pine Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for owners of Creative Photography and ... (Jan '13) Oct 27 Tommy 5
News Amish Mafia returns to airwaves (Mar '13) Sep '17 Nick 5
News Church buys, begins renovating Bahney House (Nov '10) Aug '17 AnotherKline 66
water bills (Aug '08) Aug '17 Sasha 3
tower city rocks (May '11) Mar '17 Anonymous 3
Accident on April 3rd 2016 at the "light" in pi... (Apr '16) May '16 Onlyme 2
Defler's Unpatriotic Auction (May '15) May '15 PGR36 3

Pine Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pine Grove Mortgages