Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

Mar 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: New York Daily News

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of29,900
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 07

Clermont, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Mar 19, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
When you listen to all the 911 calls that were made before the murder of that child, it becomes clear that the shooter, George Zimmerman was an unstable gun-hugging right-wing bigot that was looking for a confrontation just for a reason to use his weapon… you also hear a terrified child screaming for his life before he was shot to death.
Why hasn’t this guy has been arrested for 1st degree murder of a child?
Before you jump to your conclusions, Zimmerman is Hispanic. Any other time you'd be raging that an Hispanic was being harrassed if he was arrested. And you have no clue whether he's "reicht" wing or left lunatic.

I feel horrible for this kid and his family...and obviously Zimmerman was a cop wannabe. He should be arrested...for something, perhaps manslaughter. It wasn't 1st degree murder, but he did not do what the cops told him to do and stay put. Instead he continued to follow Trayvon and confronted him.
hello75

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Mar 19, 2012
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
When you listen to all the 911 calls that were made before the murder of that child, it becomes clear that the shooter, George Zimmerman was an unstable gun-hugging right-wing bigot that was looking for a confrontation just for a reason to use his weapon… you also hear a terrified child screaming for his life before he was shot to death.
Why hasn’t this guy has been arrested for 1st degree murder of a child?
Well, I'm a "right wing" gun using texan, and I agree this guy needs to be held responsible for what he did. But why do I always see your dumbass turning everything political? Calling everyone "right wing racists", apparently your not as educated as one would think, are you from California by chance?? Most stupid un-educated statements I hear are hippies from cali

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Mar 19, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

The laws as written will allow this gunman to walk. This whole thing should never have happened. It was a clear cut case of racial profiling for one. The police specifically told him not to engage the dead teen. He obviously lacked the training to handle a suspicious individual. He very likely provoked whatever went on between him and the victim.

“REPEAL OBAMA'S DEFERRED ACTION”

Since: Mar 09

FOR CHILDHOOD ARRIVALS ACT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Mar 19, 2012
 

Judged:

4

3

3

OneRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
If the 17 year old child killed, was the instead the shooter. He would have been arrested by now.
When Obama shot a black teenager in the head, you didnt create a thousand posts whining about it. Your phoney outrage is laughable.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Mar 19, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Spent Bastard wrote:
<quoted text>And if the victim was a blonde white girl the black guy would be on death row. The real crime is that the local police dept. considered the case closed. Unfortunately Florida law permits this type of "self defense."
Agreed, and ever poster here would take that bet.

If anyone needs proof that race does play a big part in our society....next time a nation wide alert goes up for a young blonde girl gone missing, check to see how many minority kids are missing at the same time.

The media doesn't like those stories much. The "sexy" headline story is the one involving a young white girl.

Heck, on another note, does anyone think Debra Lavre would have gotten off so lightly if she was a older white male having sex with students?

Justice is not always blind to race and sex, especially at the local level.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Mar 19, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
When Obama shot a black teenager in the head, you didnt create a thousand posts whining about it. Your phoney outrage is laughable.
Time for you nap.

Wouldn't expect types like you to be outraged when a child is shot, if that child is not of your same race.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Mar 19, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
When Obama shot a black teenager in the head, you didnt create a thousand posts whining about it. Your phoney outrage is laughable.
Nice try. Is this another anti-President Obama rumor you guys want to start. Pres Obama shot a black teen in the head? Does that bother you but this case doesnt?
Cat74

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Mar 19, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

1

I am a believer that all responsible people should have a gun. This shooter should not ever have a gun. The young man was not armed, posed no real threat to an armed individual, and the shooter needs to be charged with murder.
Frank Morris

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Mar 19, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
When you listen to all the 911 calls that were made before the murder of that child, it becomes clear that the shooter, George Zimmerman was an unstable gun-hugging right-wing bigot that was looking for a confrontation just for a reason to use his weapon… you also hear a terrified child screaming for his life before he was shot to death.
Why hasn’t this guy has been arrested for 1st degree murder of a child?
He is actually an Obama supporter. It looks like another Loughner libtard with a gun. Shame that the mentally deranged Libs are allowed to have weapons. Hope they have taken yours away Patty.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Mar 19, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
When Obama shot a black teenager in the head, you didnt create a thousand posts whining about it. Your phoney outrage is laughable.
Sorry, had to highlight the idiot again. You gotta love the Godless far reich and their refusal of the gift of logic.
Right Wing Conspiracy

Perry Hall, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Mar 19, 2012
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Spent Bastard wrote:
<quoted text>And if the victim was a blonde white girl the black guy would be on death row. The real crime is that the local police dept. considered the case closed. Unfortunately Florida law permits this type of "self defense."
Yeah, just like O.J. Simpson - sigh

“REPEAL OBAMA'S DEFERRED ACTION”

Since: Mar 09

FOR CHILDHOOD ARRIVALS ACT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Mar 19, 2012
 

Judged:

4

3

3

OneRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, had to highlight the idiot again. You gotta love the Godless far reich and their refusal of the gift of logic.
Whatever happened to the cries by the left of innocent until proven guilty!!!

At any rate, the facts will be revealed in days to come. In the meantime you shouldnt jump to conclusions, you crazy whiney racebaiter.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Mar 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dismayed wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you jump to your conclusions, Zimmerman is Hispanic. Any other time you'd be raging that an Hispanic was being harrassed if he was arrested. And you have no clue whether he's "reicht" wing or left lunatic.
I feel horrible for this kid and his family...and obviously Zimmerman was a cop wannabe. He should be arrested...for something, perhaps manslaughter. It wasn't 1st degree murder, but he did not do what the cops told him to do and stay put. Instead he continued to follow Trayvon and confronted him.
I agree with most of what you say. This is not a repub vs dem position. Although you'll see those who are defending the perp are the typical rightwing posters we see on Topix.

I'm betting you won't find many topix dems defending the murderer.

But with that said, lets not assume being Hispanic makes on a democrat...especially in Fla. where repubs have the largest Hispanic number of voters.

But as I mentioned, I agree with you. I'd ask that you also take this stance and respond to some of the right-wing posts here that surely do not jive with your stance...which is one I would expect from most humans who are good in nature.

“Obama tells the right to...”

Since: Jun 07

shhhh... STFU, you lost...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Mar 19, 2012
 

Judged:

4

2

2

Dismayed wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you jump to your conclusions, Zimmerman is Hispanic. Any other time you'd be raging that an Hispanic was being harrassed if he was arrested. And you have no clue whether he's "reicht" wing or left lunatic.
I’m not jumping to any conclusions; you can hear in the 911 recording that Zimmerman thought the child looked suspicious as he described him as a Black male that looked to be on drugs He then said that “They always get away”, meaning that he has already found him guilty of being a criminal… I hear bigotry in that.
Dismayed wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel horrible for this kid and his family...and obviously Zimmerman was a cop wannabe. He should be arrested...for something, perhaps manslaughter. It wasn't 1st degree murder, but he did not do what the cops told him to do and stay put. Instead he continued to follow Trayvon and confronted him.
We usually disagree, but on this point we are in total agreement. I heard a report a little while ago that Trayvon’s teacher called him an A and B student that majored in cheerfulness. This is just sad.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Mar 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Right Wing Conspiracy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, just like O.J. Simpson - sigh
PS..OJ Was arrested and suspected immediately after the shooting. Did you miss that part. Now we all know it was money that got OJ off, not his race.

And it goes beyond race. If you're a male teacher, do you think after having sex with your female students, you're only punishment would be home confinement and wearing a braclet?

If you agree, don't you think it would be some sort of bias that created the difference in sentencing.

And if you agree, then imagine that the justice system isn't always blind to a person's race or sex.

This guy is guilty, and as mentioned, if the 17 year old black male shot someone, he would be in jail awaiting trial right now.

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Mar 19, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

when he called 911 the operator told him not to follow this supposedly "suspicious" person.
this point alone negates the "self-defense" claim.
.
(if a normal person feels threatened, they go in the opposite direction of the threat)

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Mar 19, 2012
 
hello75 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'm a "right wing" gun using texan, and I agree this guy needs to be held responsible for what he did. But why do I always see your dumbass turning everything political? Calling everyone "right wing racists", apparently your not as educated as one would think, are you from California by chance?? Most stupid un-educated statements I hear are hippies from cali
my guess is that you are the norm, mostly because I closely resemble this comment.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Mar 19, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever happened to the cries by the left of innocent until proven guilty!!!
At any rate, the facts will be revealed in days to come. In the meantime you shouldnt jump to conclusions, you crazy whiney racebaiter.
Oh get real. Everyone demands innocence until proven guilty. That is what America is all about...don't you agree?

Besides that, cops don't decide guilt. They make arrest of those suspected of breaking the law.

Being arrested has nothing to do with innoence until proven guilty.

The cops are just allowing his "self defense" claim for now. But ask yourself if the the black kid would have been able to use the same excuse if the kid followed Zimmerman, then killed him.

Self defense then?

I truly believe we have so many examples where this kid would be sitting in jail right now as the laugh at his "self defense" claims.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Mar 19, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Frank Morris wrote:
<quoted text>He is actually an Obama supporter. It looks like another Loughner libtard with a gun. Shame that the mentally deranged Libs are allowed to have weapons. Hope they have taken yours away Patty.
You people trying to make this a dem repub issue are tired. Time to take a nap. You may dream about where you left your humanity at.

You too Mr. Bill. No one nows how this guy voted.

And most Americans couldn't care less about the perp's political affiliation. Only these social posting sites allow us to practice our "inner stupid" as much as we do.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Mar 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Opps, sorry. I meant to also ask Marine Corp Pat to not make this about repub vs dem.

This is not a political story or crime.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of29,900
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Pine Castle Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Pine Castle Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pine Castle People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Pine Castle News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pine Castle
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••