Nation's 3rd-poorest city is Pine Bluff, Ark., Forbes magazine says

Oct 23, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KFSM-TV Fort Smith

Forbes magazine says Pine Bluff is the third-poorest city in the nation, based on federal figures from 2008.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 51 of51
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
God is Love

Hot Springs Village, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Feb 1, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

This is pure Racism. Sadly nothing in America... bump that... nothing in this world has changed. If this white guy who is making all these comments is a Christian, he should expect to be judged just as he is judging the entire black race. What if I said that all white people owned, killed and raped black slaves. That would be untrue and hurtful to the white race because not every white person did so!! You're not smarter than a black person because you know how to degrade them with ignorant words!! God bless you and may God have mercy on your soul.(Jumbos Love) And to Jasmine j-p, thank you for not just standing up for Pine Bluff, Arkansas but for our race!!

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Feb 8, 2011
 

Judged:

1

God is Love wrote:
This is pure Racism. Sadly nothing in America... bump that... nothing in this world has changed. If this white guy who is making all these comments is a Christian, he should expect to be judged just as he is judging the entire black race. What if I said that all white people owned, killed and raped black slaves. That would be untrue and hurtful to the white race because not every white person did so!! You're not smarter than a black person because you know how to degrade them with ignorant words!! God bless you and may God have mercy on your soul.(Jumbos Love) And to Jasmine j-p, thank you for not just standing up for Pine Bluff, Arkansas but for our race!!
I'm black. Your post is silly.
tall one

Hardy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Feb 17, 2011
 
PB is a sad story, only gonna get worse, I can see very little good ever coming from there.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Feb 17, 2011
 
tall one wrote:
PB is a sad story, only gonna get worse, I can see very little good ever coming from there.
I agree.
Clued In

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Mar 2, 2011
 
diane77 wrote:
<quoted text>Most U.S. cities aren't as poor and weren't ruined by liberals as Pine Bluff,AR. The people of Pine Bluff,AR ruined the city not liberals.
LOL, the people ruined the city... And what's the overwhelming ideology of the people in this community?? You guessed it, DEMOCRAT (i.e. LIBERAL). Good grief Diane, get a clue.

I've been here for five years and have previously lived many different places. Pine Bluff is a welfare haven. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of nice people here but a lot of those same people would rather get something for nothing instead of work. This community has lost sight of the value of work and it shows everywhere you go. Further, things will never get better until people like you open your eyes and identify the cancerous mentality that has destroyed this community and then are willing to make the hard choices necessary to start moving in a positive direction. Sad to say, I think it's going to be uphill for Pine Bluff for a good long while.
notintheclick

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Mar 2, 2011
 
does u a p b still have a nursing class what a joke there every body failed

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Mar 8, 2011
 
Clued In wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, the people ruined the city... And what's the overwhelming ideology of the people in this community?? You guessed it, DEMOCRAT (i.e. LIBERAL). Good grief Diane, get a clue.
I've been here for five years and have previously lived many different places. Pine Bluff is a welfare haven. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of nice people here but a lot of those same people would rather get something for nothing instead of work. This community has lost sight of the value of work and it shows everywhere you go. Further, things will never get better until people like you open your eyes and identify the cancerous mentality that has destroyed this community and then are willing to make the hard choices necessary to start moving in a positive direction. Sad to say, I think it's going to be uphill for Pine Bluff for a good long while.
that's false. there are many cities that are majority Democrat or liberal and not poor.
verkler40

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Mar 13, 2011
 
I am so sad to hear PB is the 3rd poorest city in America. I was born and raised there 1970-1985 then moved to St. Louis. I have always thought about taking my family down to show them where I grew up but I think differently now. All my found memories (one of them being the Sunbeam girl swinging) seem to be fading away. So very sad.......
Anonymous

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Apr 23, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Jasmine wrote:
I dissagree with all of you I've been living in Pine Bluff all my life. We might not be the best communtiy but were all close nit. Our traditions, beliefs, and values is great. Our education and job oppurtunites is widly advanceing. You all say that were being overrun by thugs, baby mommas children, and gang-banggers. But truth be told some of your communities aren't that much better than mine. So some of you all need to look at your surroundings before you come trying to judge ours. I may only be sixteen but i know a little something. Also some of these so called lazy negros will be your doctor's, lawyer's, children's teacher's, or maybe even your next president. So don't judge us by this fascade that you all want to belive is Pine Bluff. Because we really are decent and upstanding people that will do some of anything for you if given the chance.
This is true, I agree. I am a very successful woman and I live in Pine Bluff and any City or State can go through the things that my City has suffered from. It's really what you make it; Hell life is what you make it.
oops

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Jul 21, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

jasmine j-p wrote:
"I disagree with all of you I've been living in Pine Bluff all my life. We might not be the best community but were all close nit. Our traditions, beliefs, and values is great. Our education and job opportunities is widely advancing. You all say that were being overrun by thugs, baby mommas children, and gang-banger's. But truth be told some of your communities aren't that much better than mine. So some of you all need to look at your surroundings before you come trying to judge ours. I may only be sixteen but i know a little something. Also some of these so called lazy Negros will be your doctor's, lawyer's, children's teacher's, or maybe even your next president. So don't judge us by this facade that you all want to believe is Pine Bluff. Because we really are decent and upstanding people that will do some of anything for you if given the chance."
It's truth to this whether you believe it or not. I'm not going to change my beliefs from the statement that I made above because it's what I believe in and also my community. I may be young but I'm smart and I know that what you all are saying has no truth to it there might be some facts but no truth. Pine Bluff is a great place case closed know matter what statistics say.
You don't have a damn clue !!! Shut up and stay outta grown folks conversations..........now go make another welflet.
Karen Strain

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#63
Jun 28, 2012
 
Pine Bluff is going to be just fine. Its my home town and its not bad every where. Stop talkin down and move around just don't come to the city.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 51 of51
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pine Bluff Discussions

Search the Pine Bluff Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
AR Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 8 min Answer Man 28,676
What Does Sheridan Really Need 9 hr Comment 3
cute blonde Thu Crazy 7
Carol medlock Wed just wondering 2
Crossfit in Sheridan? Jul 7 wwjd2 1
AR Who do you support for Auditor in Arkansas in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 2 who dat 232
AR Who do you support for Commissioner of State La... (Oct '10) Jul 2 who dat 254
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pine Bluff Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pine Bluff People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Pine Bluff News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pine Bluff
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••