Casey Crowder killer gets supreme court hearing

Jun 4, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: FOX16.com

A year and a half after a jury sentenced him to life in prison , attorneys for Kenneth Osburn, 48, want his conviction thrown out.

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Mar 11, 2014
an old hippie

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2009

let him have a new trial maybe this time he will get the death penalty witch he deserves
jeanetta

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2009

maybe he get out and they will find the true killer and we can get some good honest new law around desha county
jonesboro

Lake Charles, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2009

if the dna said that he did it, then why is it an issue? i wish people would stop saying he didnt do it, theyre just nieve, but if someone else did it..then dont you think their dna would be on her? if he did it, put him in jail for life! life for a life..right...if he didnt do it, then why did he say he did to begin with? who is he protecting of its not him?? who is he saving, if its not him then he must know who it is...
Jumbos Love

Clarendon, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2009

Judged:

setting in prison is REALLY boring. going back and forth to various courts is like a field trip. i can see the logic in a prisoner appealing any case as long as he can. it costs him nothing, gives him a change of scenery, gives him a little special attention, and there is always the chance he might loophole out of his conviction. but once a murderer is done with court, don't waste any more of taxpayer money on him. loose the electric chair, install an electric couch, fry 'em four at a time until the prisons are UNDERCROWDED.
Family Member

Pine Bluff, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2009

Judged:

THERE WAS NO dna!!! I wish you ppl would study this alittle before you start talking out of your butts.

“Accurately Observant”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2009

Family Member wrote:
THERE WAS NO dna!!! I wish you ppl would study this alittle before you start talking out of your butts.
Ok there was no DNA evidence that WAS HEARD, but quote "Detectives say DNA evidence and interviews led to the arrest of Osburn. However, the DNA evidence will not be showed to the jury because the prosecution says it was ruined by humidity."

And lets not forget about the detailed, taped confession. And the video tapes from the dollar general store, showed him driving up and down the highway all day long.

Plus a FAMILY FRIEND of Kenneth Osborne was the key witness for the prosecution that seen him driving down 65 with a girl slumped over in his truck.

Hows that for FACTS?

Miranda rights and 'oh he has low Iq' MY AZZ
ppsssst hello

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

Family Member wrote:
JUST MY OWN OPINION, AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT OPINIONS ARE LIKE, BUT I HOPE KENNETH GETS TO COME HOME! LOOKS CLEAR TO ME HE IS COVERING UP FOR SOMEONE!!
An old friend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

Judged:

U know I haven't any more about Casey Crowder since we were in high school our senior year when me and her had a presentation to do together but she never came back to school so homeboy deserves that life sentence the system has took his life away from his family and friends just like he took Casey's
random

Cabot, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

He didn't do it. I'm pretty sure his crazy son did.
pssst hello

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Thanks " RANDOM" for coming right out and saying it!!! He is covering for his lame ass son !!!!!! And I hope he gets to come home!!!
belco

Liberty, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

I have known Kenny most of my life. We were friends in the late 70s thru the mid 90s. Worked together on a couple of jobs. Kenny was a little different, but always kind hearted and helped anyone he could. I never believed he did this. I continue to pray for him and his family.
And still wonder what happened to pickup from Pickens that looked like his.
I simply do not believe he killed that young girl. Not clue who really did.
Wife of Son

Fordyce, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

random wrote:
He didn't do it. I'm pretty sure his crazy son did.
Moron, idiot, retard, lazy, uneducated, and some other words I won't write. Maybe if you Arkansas dummies would learn to read, write, and RESEARCH you would know that not only did Osburn not have anything to do with Crowder's murder, NONE of his family did.

I'm married to his son and we have two children. He is not capable of a crime like that and even he told me that if he thought his dad did to it, he'd deserve the death penalty.

Osburn drove his daughter to work that morning (she may have looked slumped over- early in the morning I would), he headed back home. He turned back around to get cigarettes and then went home and mowed the lawn. His son was sleeping this whole time and woke up from him mowing the lawn. He knows that he picked up cigarettes because there were two packs that his dad had picked up.

I've always felt very strongly about very harsh punishment for murderers (death penalty) and my husband agrees with me, but it needs to be the person who committed the crime. Not a fall guy to appease the public.

THERE WAS NO DNA EVIDENCE. Saying there was some is not the same as there being some. Eye witnesses saw a BLACK truck not Osburns at the location they found Crowder's body. And taped confession my ass- they took him to a private location, refused an attorney, refused to release him until he confessed, deprived him of sleep- you try being interrogated with no sleep for over 24 hours. And then having your children threatened to be treated the same way unless you confess to something you didn't do. Keep in mind their mother died only a year before all this. That's why we have the Bill of Rights to protect innocent people from being harassed into a false confession.

That confession was thrown out by a judge for that reason. It's been proven time and time again that duress will lead someone to confess to a crime they didn't commit. That's why it's illegal. Also, their was NO evidence linking Osburn to Crowder. All they had was a Sonic video showing his truck passing Sonic 4 times- 1-taking daughter to work, 2-heading home, 3-turned back around for cigarrettes, 4- home. His son saw two packs on the counter that weren't there before. So the man in the convenience store lied (shocker- everyone in law enforcement involved in this case is lying to protect the person who really killed her- her boyfriend's brother).

Another thing, my husband overheard the judge talking to someone at the bar saying that Osburn's going to get millions- alluding to the fact that an innocent person was convicted of a crime he didn't commit- and will be compensated for it.

I don't just want my father-in-law out of jail. I want the person who MURDERED a teenage girl, to be convicted and put to death. Kenny just wants to be there for his family- he's never gotten to hold my son or daughter, he missed our wedding, he's missed Christmases, all because Desha county needed to find SOMEONE to blame for Crowder's death with pressure from the media. He was an easy fall guy- no family support, uneducated, afraid for children who just lost mother, no money.

Heck with those circumstances, YOU could be convicted for a murder you didn't commit.

Now leave my husband out of it.
Wife of Son

Fordyce, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

loveless_cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok there was no DNA evidence that WAS HEARD, but quote "Detectives say DNA evidence and interviews led to the arrest of Osburn. However, the DNA evidence will not be showed to the jury because the prosecution says it was ruined by humidity."
And lets not forget about the detailed, taped confession. And the video tapes from the dollar general store, showed him driving up and down the highway all day long.
Plus a FAMILY FRIEND of Kenneth Osborne was the key witness for the prosecution that seen him driving down 65 with a girl slumped over in his truck.
Hows that for FACTS?
Miranda rights and 'oh he has low Iq' MY AZZ
1- what lead to the "questioning" of Osburn was that his truck was recognizable on the Sonic video (not dollar general store) and they were desperate for leads (I would be too)

2- they deprived him of sleep, refused him an attorney, and would not let him leave the interview with detectives although he had NOT been arrested at that point

3- they forced a "confession" which I've read the quotes (the few that are available) are extremely vague and not even his own words- this so called confession was thrown out (duress is illegal)

4- only after this so called confession was Osburn formally arrested (because they did not have any dna or other evidence despite what they claimed), yet was still refused an attorney at that point

5- the only reason he was found guilty by a jury was because of the confession which has since been thrown out

6- slumped over girl- daughter he took to work, dah

They had all the clues they needed to find the true killer, but shotty work and one false lead, with the pressure from the media to find someone responsible led them the Osburn- the fall guy. And a MURDERER is free.
Southern Belle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

This is in response to WIFE OF SON:
Let me put the facts in PLAIN old DUMAS, ARKANSAS language for you.
1:. KENNY WAS FOUND GUILTY-Um, so OBVIOUSLY THERE IS EVIDENCE LINKING HIM TO THE MURDER OF AN INNOCENT GIRL.
2: WHY on EARTH would ALL OF DUMAS, the LEGAL SYSTEM, as well as the surrounding areas be protecting Casey's boyfriend's brother? That makes NO SENSE. SO HOW ABOUT YOU KEEP YOUR UNEDUCATED mouth shut and accept the FACT that YOUR FATHER IN LAW IS A MURDERER?
3: That Sonic video you mentioned IS NOT THE ONLY information and testimony placing Kenny's vehicle at the SCENE.
4: SEEMS KENNY HAS 4 PRIOR FELONY ARRESTS AND EVEN TRIED TO SEXUALLY ASSAULT A FRIEND IN THE PAST....
HE IS RIGHT WHERE HE DESERVES TO BE!
It is called KARMA...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pine Bluff Discussions

Search the Pine Bluff Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 16 hr Read the Headlines 9,796
AR Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 16 hr Puppets 29,107
Needing friends Mon New girl in town 1
Adam Watson Mon Not surprised 5
Snitch Sun Duece 9
Arkansas Act 746 (Jan '14) Jul 27 Rick 5
AR Exit polls: Boozman defeats 2-term incumbent Li... (Nov '10) Jul 26 Linda 828
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pine Bluff Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pine Bluff People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••