First Prev
of 3
Next Last
PrettyBrownSkinG url

Pine Bluff, AR

#41 Jan 22, 2012
lol wrote:
man just like i tell people, the blacks don't care about there town thats why it looks like it does..lol go in a white neighborhood look at the houses then the black neighborhood they don't put any money in their houses... the best thing to do is get out of there while you are still alive... too many blacks over there they shouldn't have ever let them move into town.. they should've done like sheridan and kept they asses on the pike then you could go to town and not worry about being robbed.. pine bluff could be a good town but until blacks start to realize that they have to work and get of government welfare it will always look like that.. but really we just need a katrina to happen over there and clean that town up.lol cause we all know that they wouldn't leave cause they ain't got enough sense tooo...

That was very mean and uncalled for. As an adult, which I'm sure you are, you need to do better. I would say more but I don't hide behind a keyboard. So I'll say God bless you
Pharmacologist

Little Rock, AR

#42 Mar 13, 2012
Well, PrettyBrownSkinGurl, what do you think needs to be done? I personally believe that this is a result of our welfare society and the breakdown of familly. I also believe Democrats are the reason for these two things - despite their good intentions.

I hope the community can start to see the truth of what they are backing in their politics and start voting for more responsible governemnt. I'm not saying anyone needs to vote Republican, by any means!

We should all check out some of the other ideas out there. I'm libertarian, but I don't believe the libertarians have enough sane people in their party that I would actually vot for. Another option is to organize a new party that works for what you truly believe. If it's the democratic party, so be it, but at least take a look at the other ideas and don't let any party make you a pawn in their game.

Conservatism does not equal Republican. Although conservatives do have some great ideas, they fail to follow through when creating policies. They tend to bend to the left on social issues due to political correctness.

Think for yourselves, take control, be responsible, take part in your community and things like Pine Bluff won't ever have to happen again.

Little Rock, AR

#43 Mar 15, 2012
haha
stephanie

United States

#44 Mar 17, 2012
I was born at jefferson regional med center. I lived on poplar st and 13th and maple st was were I lived from age 8 to age 16. I went to dollarway, whitehall, lakeside ele, greenville (5th-6th) southeast 7th grade. Jack robey 8th-9th. And finally PBSH. I loved to go to oakland park slide the rocket slide. I remember the ARK youth home. Went to skateworld every weekend. My dad loved the creamland bar. My grandpa worked for the stock yard. Also dad liked the Brown Derby also. Let's not forget Arthurs BBQ and Irish Maid donuts. Oh how I miss it. Left in 89 went back in 93 burried my dad and haven't been back since. I miss it. But today I believe its a good thing I did get out.
me

Euless, TX

#45 Aug 18, 2012
stephanie wrote:
I was born at jefferson regional med center. I lived on poplar st and 13th and maple st was were I lived from age 8 to age 16. I went to dollarway, whitehall, lakeside ele, greenville (5th-6th) southeast 7th grade. Jack robey 8th-9th. And finally PBSH. I loved to go to oakland park slide the rocket slide. I remember the ARK youth home. Went to skateworld every weekend. My dad loved the creamland bar. My grandpa worked for the stock yard. Also dad liked the Brown Derby also. Let's not forget Arthurs BBQ and Irish Maid donuts. Oh how I miss it. Left in 89 went back in 93 burried my dad and haven't been back since. I miss it. But today I believe its a good thing I did get out.
I grew up in pb and have lots of family there hell my grand parents owned 79 bar and grill or scar and kill however u remember it and I can honestly say their is no hope for crime bluff I got out and only go back when I gotta just to visit family then it's in and out as bad as that place is I still have that longing for home till I go back lol
tall one

Melbourne, AR

#46 Sep 2, 2012
I cannot imagine living there, just the filth along the streets, in the yards, but even worse is the crime, how do people live like that, why do they tolerate such morally bankrupt lifestyles, it absolutely amazes me to view what has become of this town.
TamraAR

Camden, AR

#47 Oct 17, 2012
Anubis wrote:
Not too bright.
Several children have gone missing and been assaulted in Pine Bluff.
However Nataliee Holloway coverage dominates Pine Bluff news when she didnt attend school or stay here.
I wish her mother would shine light on this fact on her visits.
Take care of your own PINE BLUFF.
Anubis...is Pine Bluff not YOUR Pine Bluff? Then what do you care?
TamraAR

Camden, AR

#48 Oct 17, 2012
tall one wrote:
I cannot imagine living there, just the filth along the streets, in the yards, but even worse is the crime, how do people live like that, why do they tolerate such morally bankrupt lifestyles, it absolutely amazes me to view what has become of this town.
Sometimes I take great offense when folks say filth in t

A.
holdingitdownbit ch

United States

#49 Nov 10, 2012
Osama Bin Laden wrote:
As I look back at the years gone by and how things have changed so much in and around PB , I can't help but wonder what my children and their children will have to contend with if they stay in PB.
When I was 13 , I delivered the Pine Bluff Commercial from a bicycle. Sat and Sun I was peddling the news at 4 in the morning without a care thru what are now some of the most dangerous streets in Pine Bluff.
Lake Pine Bluff was the favorite fishing hole.
The old boys club was the hang-out for teens of my age with swimming and baseball for anyone that wanted to participate.
Teen-Town was the " Hot Spot " to meet girls.
Sears was on 6th St. where it should have stayed.
On nice summer days Central Park was filled with families picnicking and weekend footballers.
The Majic Carpet Slide ( now at Eden Park ) was at 22nd & Olive and a slide down was $ 1.00.
T G & Y was at Jefferson Square.
Jimmy Duke's Barber shop on Main St. " scalped " me and my brothers usually twice a month.
Bobby Brown, Pipkin Pack , Lloyd Parsley, John Galloway were some of the cops that kept you on the straight and narrow........or else !
A walk to school was from 22nd & Olive St. to Southeast Jr. High on Ohio St., then back. Everyday, rain or shine.
If you owned a car, you were old.....to kids of my age anyway.
If you and another at school had different opinions about something, you met after school and worked them out. Today, though.!!!!!!!!!
I can't help but look back and reflect on days gone by and how fast they went and just how good things really were back then.
The youth of today can't appreciate just how good life in Pine Bluff was 30 years ago. Given the chance to start life all over either then or now that would be a no-brainer. Give me the simple life.
I 46 now and have lived in PB all my life. I Love it and I hate it here. We want to leave and may some day but regardless , Pine Bluff will always be home.
What's in the future for PB and where do you see this city in 20 years ?
I am glad that all of you traitors who left pine bluff because you couldn't handle it have gone where ever you have gone because it gives us who really care the room to stay and make a positive impact...when pine bluff improves to a five star quality city...(in which it will)i hope that yoll don't come running your a** back here..stay your negative a** away from here...good riddence!!!
holdingitdownbit ch

United States

#50 Nov 10, 2012
all yoll"hating" traitors need to stay away and give the people who are committed to a better pine bluff the room to make a positive impact...we don't need your negativity here...so please stay your a** where you are at and if you are thinking about leaving...good riddence!!!

Since: Nov 12

Hazen, Ar

#51 Nov 26, 2012
S and H greenstamp store
g u e s t

Jonesboro, AR

#52 Jan 5, 2013
I lived in Pine Bluff for one scant year, the 1966-67 school year. We lived on Lilac St. and I attended 1st grade at Edgewood Elementary. Ms. Woody was my teacher, and Mr. King was the principal. I remember getting in trouble for going around "the Terrace" which was a raised area back beside the school playground (never knew what it was there for). I went to the Boy's Club and played on the Ponies baseball team. My dad worked for Commercial Credit and later at Sears. We attended Immanuel Baptist Church, and occasionally we would get milkshakes at Burger Chef after Sunday morning services. I remember seeing "Angel In My Pocket" (Andy Griffith movie) at the Zebra Drive-In Movie. I remember the Mad Butcher grocery store near my neighborhood. I even got to meet Bozo the Clown at one of his local appearances.

I'm 52 now, and I still remember that one year very fondly. It seems I lived more in that one year than in any other since.

It's sad to hear of how the city is in decline. The same thing is happening where I live now, and all over the country.
M-Moore

United States

#53 Jan 11, 2013
I came to this site to read post about P.B then and now. Some of you need to send your racist and political post somewhere else. If you are not going to go and do a speech or change something then keep it to yourself. Let's keep it to the memories and stop pointing fingers. This site started off good but now it seems like people are looking for a site for a debate. If they hate pine bluff so much and the "people"that live there then why in the world are they looking PINE BLUFF up on the internet to come across this site. why even take the time out of your day?? This site would be so much better if people kept it to "Pine Bluff then and now" and not "Pine bluff black and white"
3folksdown

Pine Bluff, AR

#54 Jan 15, 2013
whitetailhunter76 wrote:
I was born and raised in PB. I grew up out in WC area, attended and graduated from WC. I still visit PB daily (b/c of my mom), but have opted to move to Grant County. I am one of the lucky few and have a great job that I enjoy. I went to the old Ford home over by PBHS a few weeks back and was totally amazed. Hopefully the guy who purchased it is able to restore it. It is prob 90% original. You can look at that home and see that PB was once a very lively and prosperous city. But now, one trip down Cherry late on Sat night / Sun morning and you will see the true PB. Look at Cypress Circle, the Fairgrounds area,even Broadmoor area is going downhill. Apprx 2 years ago, I got a call about 2-3 AM asking me to come to 10th and Cypress. An elderly white lady (prob to poor to move and wouldnt get anything if she had sold her house) was broken in on, robbed, beat and the house was set on fire. I'll give you on hint.... It wasnt white kids.
But all that has changed due to the "white flight". It is sad, but I am one of them. I work in Pine Bluff and Grant County. I see more and more people moving everyday.
Why? 1)Sheridan is people friendly town. 2)Location - HS and LR is within 1 hr drive. 3) Attitude - Shop Wal-Mart and you will notice the difference. 4)Education - The teachers still teach, not just give a grade and move them on.
These are just a few of the examples.
I could type more, but there is just no reason to reitterate what other people have said. I must agree with everyones comments.
I still work, live and see everything that goes on in PB, and I must say, that it will NOT get better. If you think it will, please wake up.
Prime example: Sheridan Walmart vs. Pine Bluff Walmart, quiet(Sheridan) loud(P.B)
Clean vs. neglect etc... PB born and bred! It's not a race issue, it's a culture issue, some folks just refuse to respect their environment and refuse to pick up after themselves or make investments and take real pride in their city. One can put a new, nice establishment here but the hearts of some people are that they can do whatever they want and someone else will clean it up or fix it. Unless they run out of money or lose their patience. This term," white flight" is terrible. I know several different races who say that they simply just don't want to live next door to uncaring folks who will drive down the property values of the community, so they cut the losses by moving. Moral decline is rampant everywhere, true, so I will offer a solution, follow Jesus, what better way to get a little heaven on earth than to live like the One who created Heaven.
Catherine Townsend

UK

#55 Feb 20, 2013
I wrote an article about growing up in Pine Bluff that appears in today's Mail Online. Please reply and comment URL at bottom of article. The town's decline has been heartbreaking to me and I want to bring it to light. Best, Catherine Townsend

'So rough that our pit bull got stolen': As Pine Bluff, Arkansas is revealed as one of the most violent places in America, one writer recalls her childhood home and how a small town went bad

When people ask me where I grew up, I have a throwaway joke:'Pine Bluff, Arkansas—a town so rough that our pit bull got stolen.'
Since I was a kid, Pine Bluff has been famous for all the wrong reasons. The headlines are grim: Most recently, it was named the second most dangerous metropolitan area in America after Detroit based on violent crime statistics such as murder, rape and kidnapping. Forbes.com ranked city the seventh most dangerous for women.
Walking around gives you a one in 10 chance of being a victim of violent or property crime. It's also home to an army installation that housed chemical weapons. An X-Files episode where Mulder and Scully are faced with a biological element that melts human skin is called 'The Pine Bluff Variant' after the Pine Bluff Arsenal.

Continues at: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22818...

truth will out

Prentiss, MS

#56 Feb 21, 2013
Catherine Townsend wrote:
I wrote an article about growing up in Pine Bluff that appears in today's Mail Online. Please reply and comment URL at bottom of article.
I did some growing up in Pine Bluff in the late fifties and early sixties and so read your article with interest. I'll comment on it here instead of at the Daily Mail.

It is telling and informative, isn't it, that an American has to read foreign press to get this kind of information.

Equally telling is that you wrote a solid 26 paragraphs without mentioning the racial demographic of the area. Pine Bluff is, according the the 2010 census, 75.6 percent black and 21.4 percent white. And here is a quote for all of us to further consider:

“In the U.S., Blacks are less than 13% of the population but have 50% of all arrests for assault and murder and 67% of all arrests for robbery. Fifty percent of all crime victims also report their assailants are Black, so the arrest statistics cannot be due to police bias. Blacks make up a large share of those arrested for white-collar crimes. About 33% of persons arrested for fraud, forgery, counterfeiting, and receiving stolen property, and about 25% of those arrested for embezzlement are Black.

http://archive.org/details/RaceEvolutionBehav...

Professor J. Philippe Rushton , from his book “Race, Evolution, and Behavior

But, according to your story, crime has nothing to do with Pine Bluff's decline.“After the jobs started going away, the schools closed …” you wrote.

Well, how did that happen? Did a bunch of jobs decide to say one day,“Well, y'all, we're leaving Pine Bluff”?

Did the schools just one day say,“Hello, Pine Bluff, we're schools and we are closing down now”?

You insinuate that poverty is the cause of this: Really, now, does poverty cause crime? Does poverty cause the rapist to say,“I'm so poor that I think I'll go rape somebody”?

Instead, let's consider that crime causes poverty for both criminal and victim and society at large.

“And the people in charge of the city seem unwilling to accept how bad things have gotten,” you write. And who are these people in charge? Of nine city council positions, six are black. It is sad to say, but anywhere blacks are in control of a town, a city, a county, an organization, even entire countries, the place. Is. A. Disaster. Run down the alphabet of worldwide black destruction: Atlanta; Baltimore (or Birmingham); Congo; Detroit; East St. Louis; Flint, Michigan; Gambia (or Ghana or Gabon); Haiti (ruled by blacks for over 200 years already), Ivory Coast, Jamaica (or Jackson, Mississippi), Kenya ... and on and on and on and on.

So please, all you “writers” and so-called thinkers, stop with your beating around the bush about what is wrong here. We have tried it your way. We have tried extending the franchise. We have tried gerrymandering. We have tried welfare. We have tried housing projects. We have tried Section 8. We have tried subprime mortgages. We have tried education. We have tried integration. We have tried affirmative action and a dozen other things or more.

We are not talking hate here. We are not talking coincidence here. We are talking genetics. It cannot be fixed. And it is far past time to just say what the truth is. If you disagree with what I've written here, tell me where and how I am incorrect.
Gravityrulz

Fayetteville, AR

#57 Feb 22, 2013
Just nuke it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pine Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sister kay the psychic on cherry street Tue ms kay 3
Another Store closes in the Pines Mall (Sep '11) Mar 2 tess 14
Ameca Feb 28 AAmaya1 1
White Hall PD (Jun '09) Feb 19 Arkierebel 6
drug rehab in Pine Bluff (Sep '08) Feb 10 Great 20
Covenant recovery Feb 10 Truth 1
damon hill Feb 3 Meme2001 1

Winter Storm Warning for Jefferson County was issued at March 04 at 10:14PM CST

Pine Bluff Dating
Find my Match