65 Public Housing Units Empty in Perry County

Jun 13, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WSIL

The Perry County Housing Authority is trying to fill 65 unoccupied apartments. Perry County Housing Authority Executive Director Stephanie Hubler says a lack of jobs in the area is forcing people to move out of the county.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
omg

Marion, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

we are currently moving out of du quoin housing because we are being harrassed by 3 black families calling us racist n blocking us in our parking spot knocking on our doors at all ours telling us to move our car which in no way was in there way n banging on our walls. we were told by housing to call p[olice and we did and it got worse. we just tried to stay to ourselves and not bother anyone. we just tried to use housing for what its for and quietly get the hell out of there. that doesnt work people!! the cop here in town refused to take a report on an incident and to take us seriously that we fear for our lives!!! he told us we need to uproot our 5 kids n move again! good luck with perry county housing!!!! sorry hubler but people need to know what they will most likely have to go throught moving into perry county housing!!!!!
Really! OMG

Marion, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

It's sad that Duquoin is so small and I know exactly who you are! If you going to tell the story tell it all and be truthful! You reside in one of the best complexes in DuQuoin. I grew up there and later stayed 4 years until I bought my house and moved. After you and your family moved in! In comparison to all they other counties Jackson and Williamson the place is a God send. It's in the country and its like living in a townhouse. What other project could you grow up looking at horses and cows out your back door. Next your comment on black families no boo again your wrong tell how one of the families is a single black woman on disability with no kids or husband residing with her and the only transport she has is her son cause she has never drove. Next would be two Bi-racial families. Both containing a black father and a Mother of a different nationality! Are you upset because both men work and their names ARE on the leasing agreement! Get it right honey! Next your upset because DqPd won't come join your ignorance it's not their job to come and dictate who parking spot belongs to who! That older woman has lived in that complex for over 20 years. She pays her rent just like you! Now let's air out all your dirt! Lets tell how you living in housing yet bought property down the road and put it in your mother in laws name so you wouldn't lose your 4 bedroom apartment! Lets tell how you have completely transformed that corner lot, pool, trampoline, hell your even adding on to that little building all while living on a housing subsidy. I used housing for what it is a stepping stone to better my life you and your husband fall into a totally different category. Your a fraud, biggot, and a liar. People you want to see the truth go check it out Gillis Street in DuQuoin! Their property is on Maple the road right behind Gold plate! Take pictures and send them to HUD!!!!
wow

Hendersonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

We never specified anybody But you just called everybody out. Go ahead and take pictures lots of people do. Housing already knows. We are far from fraudulent people And far from being a biggot. We are only trying to get our life back together And get our kids out of housing. Um yes we are building a addition So we don't have to put up with any more drama gettingdirty look getting called racsits. A very small addition at that and why are you nosing around our property seeing what we're doing.
wow

Hendersonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

I know who u r too. Word to the wise we have security cameras on that property and wonderful neighbors that don't harass us.
Wait

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

You all need to stop and leave eachother alone. It sounds like a bad situation and if its the property im thinking about then i seen you kids out working and me and alot of people give you kudos for all the work you put into it. Hope all works out for you guys!:)
dont worry bout that

Herrin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Imma tell u why everyone is moving the f out of perry county housing is cuz that dumbasxx stephanie that runs it now! She is up everyones axx for dumb shyt and walks n ur house when ur not dressed! Like she pays your $300 rent! Aftr five yrs of payin good rent imma bout to move the hell out just because of STEPHANIE!
Tim

Schererville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

wow the gang bangers up here in cook county have a 5 year wait to get into public housing, I am going to buy them a bus ticket and ship them down to you guys.
sweet

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Great now Perry County Housing has publicize it so much that now more crime will come to the city ofDu Quoin! Good job Stephani Hubler!
Close housing

Du Quoin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

We need to bulldoze housing! Those places bring in nothing but turds. They don't work, do drugs, have more babies than they should, and get free food they swap for dope. They can't afford to rent real places (not discounted or free)...but obvisiously have phones or computers with internet access to post crap on here. So grow up and get a damn job...you people are ruining our country. Look at their family history. Their parents raised them in housing so guess where the trash ended up when they popped out 4 kids by 20 years old. Pitiful skanks
Just saying

Baldwin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

You all sound like a bunch of racists and bigots.
UnBelieavable

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

WTF!. SMH...
What

Norris City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

dont worry bout that wrote:
Imma tell u why everyone is moving the f out of perry county housing is cuz that dumbasxx stephanie that runs it now! She is up everyones axx for dumb shyt and walks n ur house when ur not dressed! Like she pays your $300 rent! Aftr five yrs of payin good rent imma bout to move the hell out just because of STEPHANIE!
I seriously doubt you pay 300.00, probably more like 60.00. I wish I had it that easy!
What

Norris City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Close housing wrote:
We need to bulldoze housing! Those places bring in nothing but turds. They don't work, do drugs, have more babies than they should, and get free food they swap for dope. They can't afford to rent real places (not discounted or free)...but obvisiously have phones or computers with internet access to post crap on here. So grow up and get a damn job...you people are ruining our country. Look at their family history. Their parents raised them in housing so guess where the trash ended up when they popped out 4 kids by 20 years old. Pitiful skanks
Some of what you are saying is right on the mark! I have witnessed it first hand.
Me too

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

What wrote:
<quoted text> Some of what you are saying is right on the mark! I have witnessed it first hand.
Housing makes towns look degrading and like slums. They recruit nothing but lazy trashy people who abuse the assistance. Property values decline bcus of the way these places look. Get jobs and pay rent at the price working people pay. Do away with power bill assistance and link card...oh forgot the medical card, what will happen? People will find jobs!
experience with housing

Herrin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

I use work for gilster and had thought about living in perry county housing because I lived far away from steeleville and wanted to be closer to work. They told me I would pay 300 something a month to rent there and there were cameras in the building so they would be able to see how many times a day I come and go. I decided after talking to some people who live in housing and how much they pay that I would rather rent a regular apartment somewhere and pay a little extra then deal with security cameras, drama, and bs. Plus people I talked to anyways got link, were on disability, child support or what have you and didn't even have an "actual job". Housing is a joke if you have a job or a way to get a reg apartment or house then do it and DON'T go for housing isn't worth it.
fair opperunity

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2014

Wow was told i was evicted cause couldnt pay power bill told i would be charged an extra hundred if did pay bill and wanna stay i started to look for new place to live in mean time stayed with friend so my children would have electric she then says i abandoned apartment gave me 1 day to get things all kids things are there we wish we had called thanksgiving weekend offered to clean patch holes didnt care about deposit just wanted my kids things dressors clothes toys etc... she said no would unlock door she changed locks stopped mail i was still residing there. But she said abondanded. And didnt wanna go through with eviction and paper work i now have job and lawyer she said they were getting rite in to fix redo. In november they still havent been in my kiddos miss there things if she came and grew up in housing she sure dnt understand no car kids deadbeat dads and hardly anyjobs hell she needs key to ur bedroom which would exlplain affairs apartment still not touched !kids miss there things on top of that she doesnt care bout my bday my kids's or there holidays she makes u clean ur own aptmnt upon moving in so she dnt have to pay workers some people dnt sleep there way to top or for rent they are good moms who wish their lives will get better try and pray she even wrote me a parking on grass ticket as i moved some furniture alone although her and her co workers can drive in yard upon moving things luckily my lawyer has went around talked to several tenants as she calls them i have a case i dnt care how high up her fAmily goes in gov or if she sleeps with judge hell he calls her princess she will see how to run a buisness should have taken advice from alongi or bareky people wwith empathy and hearts
fair opperunity

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2014

fair opperunity wrote:
Wow was told i was evicted cause couldnt pay power bill told i would be charged an extra hundred if did pay bill and wanna stay i started to look for new place to live in mean time stayed with friend so my children would have electric she then says i abandoned apartment gave me 1 day to get things all kids things are there we wish we had called thanksgiving weekend offered to clean patch holes didnt care about deposit just wanted my kids things dressors clothes toys etc... she said no would unlock door she changed locks stopped mail i was still residing there. But she said abondanded. And didnt wanna go through with eviction and paper work i now have job and lawyer she said they were getting rite in to fix redo. In november they still havent been in my kiddos miss there things if she came and grew up in housing she sure dnt understand no car kids deadbeat dads and hardly anyjobs hell she needs key to ur bedroom which would exlplain affairs apartment still not touched !kids miss there things on top of that she doesnt care bout my bday my kids's or there holidays she makes u clean ur own aptmnt upon moving in so she dnt have to pay workers some people dnt sleep there way to top or for rent they are good moms who wish their lives will get better try and pray she even wrote me a parking on grass ticket as i moved some furniture alone although her and her co workers can drive in yard upon moving things luckily my lawyer has went around talked to several tenants as she calls them i have a case i dnt care how high up her fAmily goes in gov or if she sleeps with judge hell he calls her princess she will see how to run a buisness should have taken advice from alongi or bareky people wwith empathy and hearts
the apartments are open to stephs friends not lack of jobs and to her not liking people to be just like her god made everyone diff she needs god in her life has left many families homeless without and kept their only belongings
hmmmm

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

How is it not false advertising when she hss signs and banners posted all around dq apartments available but when you call to get in she says there is a long waiting list and that they are fixing them and cleaning but they sit and sit empty when families are in need of shelter. Buuuutttt she is s cheap o and dont wanna pay the maintience men to fix them. Or she makes you clean them yourself. Then tries to charge for things that got ruined when work orders were called in and never fixed. Hmmmmm just rude
YEAH RIGHT

Oswego, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

If there is three families that have a problem with you maybe its YOU. Don't pull the black card your doing something wrong to have quarrel with that many families black or white. Check yourself.
omg wrote:
we are currently moving out of du quoin housing because we are being harrassed by 3 black families calling us racist n blocking us in our parking spot knocking on our doors at all ours telling us to move our car which in no way was in there way n banging on our walls. we were told by housing to call p[olice and we did and it got worse. we just tried to stay to ourselves and not bother anyone. we just tried to use housing for what its for and quietly get the hell out of there. that doesnt work people!! the cop here in town refused to take a report on an incident and to take us seriously that we fear for our lives!!! he told us we need to uproot our 5 kids n move again! good luck with perry county housing!!!! sorry hubler but people need to know what they will most likely have to go throught moving into perry county housing!!!!!
racists

West Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jul 8

They said they stayed to themselves. I have had many ordeals with stuff like this with the black community. From experience I'd say blacks are more prejudice than whites

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pinckneyville Discussions

Search the Pinckneyville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 33 min truth 48,822
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Chief49 3,825
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 4 hr Drone me 1,852
Kayla Jo Brown 18 hr James 1
DuQuoin O'Reillys mgr Mon john 2
Bottom $$$ Store Jul 18 Nick 2
who is she? Jul 18 red wood king 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pinckneyville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000